Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Archwing Weapon To Use?

Sparkfear

Question

Hey fellow Tenno!

I've been lurking around the forum to find a primary weapon for my archwing which is worth a potato (and maybe forma in the future?) 

At this moment I only have the standard weapons you get with the quest and I don't have the archwing event weapons, as everyone says it is so much better than the other primary's.

However, melee wise I am aiming for Centaur as I've read that weapon is the way to go for melee wise.

If anyone could give me some insight, (link to another topic?) or anything that can help me, that would be fantastic.

Thank you in advance!

Sparkfear

4 answers to this question

Centaur wont dissapoint you, it has been the way to go for melee fights since its launch.

Based on simulations I've ran on Warframe Builder, I found out that Kaszas is also a good choice because it has a faster attack speed and more base damage than centaur does, however Centaur has higher crit chance, also Centaur deals slash damage while Kaszas deals puncture damage, which is more suitable to fight more difficult armored targets so you might want to test both and see which one gives you better results.

As main weapons go there are several choices I can suggest: 

Imperator Vandal:

Pros: better stats and bigger magazine size than original imperator, good  range, RoF and decent overall damage.

Cons: its no longer possible to obtain because it was awarded as part of Eyes of Blight event, also im inclined to believe it has one of the lowest base damage among all archwing rifles (needs confirmation).  

Velocitus: 

Pros: has the highest base damage from all archwing weapons, high crit chance, high crit multiplier, high status chance all shots have innate punch thru, can be effective as a sniper weapon.

Cons: can be difficult to aim with, needs to charge to apply max damage, its not a hit-scan gun so bullets have travel time, did I mention its difficult to aim this thing? DE might want to add to the hud one of those reticules that RL fighter planes use so you can figure where you actually need to shoot in order to hit a moving target. 

Fluctus:

Pros: high base damage, projectiles have a rather large hitbox, projectiles have innate punch thru of 275 meters.

Cons: its not a hit-scan gun so bullets have travel time, limited range, low impact and puncture damage meaning less damage to shielded or armored targets. 

Grattler:

Pros: high puncture damage, every shot deals splash explosive damage, high crit and status chance.

Cons: its not a hit-scan gun so bullets have travel time, limited range. 

Edited by Crimson_Fury