The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Ajuoga, The Witch Doctor

Beldair

This is a very clean concept, so I upvoted.

However, two things bother me about it:

Thing one: It isn't very powerful. Nothing reaches out and grabs me. Don't know how else to say that. I think the theme itself is holding it back. Witch Doctor: it's just generally and vaguely mystical, then the powers use bones to tie it to that visual of a witch doctor. Can you go deeper on the theme? Research for different viewpoints on the subject to base it on? Find some stronger non-witch doctor African influences to inform the theme and design? 

I just think it could be stronger (abilities and theme). That can be done by building on what you have here, not starting over from scratch.

Thing two: I can seee no direct way he wields the power of the infested (in his current abilities), and lore-wise, the Tenno/Warframes were created to defeat the Sentients. I don't think they were created to fight the infested (although they do).

I think once you have a great visual design with strong African influences, this will be more appealing to more people, but right now (and even with art) it doesn't appeal much to me. Please know, that is a personal thing along with how I feel about a 'frame's impact on gameplay--your presentation here is good.

Good luck with the concept.

Yea..my general idea was an infested warframe but i also liked the witch doctor concept so i tried blending them but it apparently didn't work for the witch doctor theme. I really do like an infested warframe though...one designed by the Orokin from what they could gather from infested corpses.

Edited by Beldair

Not sure how to keep the spiritual aspect of the witch doctor in an ability without it being too OP like his 4th seems to be. I guess I could make it where duration mods don't affect it so that 20 seconds would be the max length of the shield.

So like tiny mobile snow globes? That take so much damage before needing to be recast? Or maybe i can change it to where he casts "Spiritual versions" of himself and allies that distract the enemy. Kinda like a multi-person decoy.

Edited by Beldair