Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Letter To The Developers Of Warframe - Please Give Us The Reset

Klanxis

To preface this, let me say one thing: You have done an amazing job on this game. I love it, my friends love it, and we think it is steadily on its way to become the next big thing. The recent Update 8 brought exciting changes to the way the game is played, it has given us new goals to work towards and our community has become more tightly knit in doing so. This accomplishment is even more astounding considering that the game is free to play.

I have put more than a hundred hours into the game in the month that I‘ve been playing. And while this might not seem like a big amount compared to the players who have been with the game since closed beta, I can definitely tell you that I am very commited to this game. I have joined a big, active clan and I have leveled enough weapons and frames to reach Mastery Rank 8 within two weeks of playing. I bought my first Founder Packs quite early into my playtime and about two weeks ago, I upgraded to Grandmaster because I knew that I would be playing Warframe for quite some time.

With all that said, I have a few regrets about how I spent my time in the game so far. I feel like I missed out on a big chunk of content because I decided to buy almost all of my warframes with Platinum instead of building them myself. I reached Rank 8 so quickly because a lot of my time was spent powerleveling on Kappa. The rest of the time, I rushed missions to get their rewards as quickly as possible. Because I was so focused on rushing levels and content, I now have little incentive to play - no need to kill bosses because I have the frames I want, no need to run Defense missions because everything is leveled to Rank 30. What I realize now is that I never took the time to enjoy the game for what it is. And while the new missions in the Orokin Towers certainly gave us new content to explore and opportunity to search for new, better loot, it has become clear that players need to commit a lot of Platinum and/or time to find the rewards they‘re looking for in the Void. I would love to hunt for those rewards, but I feel like I should first play the rest of the game properly before commiting that amount of time.

Long story short, I would like to reset my account soon. It would allow me to experience many parts of the game without that nagging suspicion that there isn‘t really a lot of stuff to work towards for me. Please, give me that opportunity. I realize that you have things to do before you can reinstate the option to reset accounts. But please don‘t make the players who just want to start over wait for much longer on account of the people who decided to exploit the account reset.

//Kind Regards Nesseroth

Heya,

DE is already working feverishly on the Reset, they won't go any faster. Every iteration needs to be tested by QA, and just if goes through without hiccups and people exploiting the everliving hell out of it, it will be released. Hold your breath. It will happen.

Nothing else to say at this point. Since this is one of many other topics, I am locking this here.