Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New player: initial reactions

VyriaDurav

Hello all,

I'm a long time gamer who likes to think he has a pretty decent background in any sort of game you could name, save sports games. I picked up Warframe to play with some buddies and so far I'm enjoying it.

Some feedback I would like to share based on my initial experiences is a bit of clunkiness with the UI and a lack of good information delivery.

To elaborate, I feel that the UI for mission selection is difficult to navigate. I've got chat windows over my icons, there isn't a clear instruction when you first start that your windows are blocking view to your mission selection and so on. If these concerns are being addressed, my apologies. I haven't had too much time to sift through the forums.

As to my second point, I feel like the mechanics in the game are mostly intuitive and fun, but a lot of information I find out from friends who have played much much more than I find out from the game. I feel like many mechanics should be communicated by the game. For example, how experience works differently from melee weapons to guns. It seems guns level as long as you deal some damage to the target and someone else or you takes it down. Melee seems to be only on personal takedown. If this is true, this needs to be communicated.

While I didn't mention it in my opening, I also feel that more story impact and perhaps a lobby you can move around in while waiting for missions or starting missions with your friends would be nice to have. Perhaps a kind of space dojo that has some lore tidbits and gives you a place to tinker.

Can't wait to see further developments and try out a few more Warframes. Happy hunting fellow space ninjas.

Edited by Magoslich

I don't necessarily have an issue with that, if melee kills awarded a large amount of XP. But I've found that even with using my melee weapon as much as possible and rarely using my main gun, my starter gun is level 12 or so and my sword is level 4.

Feels a bit off.