Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Instead Of Screaming "no Auction House" How Bout....

robertgk2017

You can regulate an auction house pretty easy:

Sellers tax, each item depending on it being common, uncommon, rare, etc gets a tax you have to pay for offering it at the AH

Limited number of slots per char and MR so even multi account runners will have a hard time being the only ones offering certain items For example you get 1 slot every 4 MR ranks or 2 slots, important is to limit the amount of slots an account can have.

Locked offers, you can only modify your offer once every 24h. However if your item sells you can set up the next one without delay.

Delivery by mail, just as in game mails and the way you send and receive gifts. (that system already exists so little to code here) 

As for the amount of coding involved, it seems even third rate games manage to have an auction house, I am sure it is within DE's capabilities to set one up without taking away too much man-hours. 

Edited by Numbsky1

Sellers tax, each item depending on it being common, uncommon, rare, etc gets a tax you have to pay for offering it at the AH

Limited number of slots per char and MR so even multi account runners will have a hard time being the only ones offering certain items For example you get 1 slot every 4 MR ranks or 2 slots, important is to limit the amount of slots an account can have.

Locked offers, you can only modify your offer once every 24h. However if your item sells you can set up the next one without delay.

Delivery by mail, just as in game mails and the way you send and receive gifts. (that system already exists so little to code here) 

As for the amount of coding involved, it seems even third rate games manage to have an auction house, I am sure it is within DE's capabilities to set one up with taking away to much man-hours. 

What this guy said ^

Really idiot post ?

So in most MMO's whit AH in them - there is such thing as soul bound or account bound or character bound. Limiting greatly what items can be sold and what items cant be sold.

And the high grade stuff is put behind a grind wall. Means you first need to spend months of grinding to top level. THen you need to spend months to attain gear that will lead you to the "end game" and then you are able to gain items worth a damn on AH. Tell me exactly how many of this "gates" exist in this game ? At most you need a day or two and you will be able to farm rare mods and prime parts from starter planets and void via the recruite tab.

Here however we can trade EVERY mod in the game - EVERY ONE LAST OF THEM. The only reason some mods have high price is couse there countless copy's stuck in their owners inventorys and they cant be arsed to sell them. You put an AH in the game - all this duplicates come into play and crash the market.

What about Prime parts ? I have been "WTB trash prime parts" and you wont belive what items i have gotten for 1p. Stuff that can be instant sold for 20-40p is given as trash prime parts. Here comes AH - instant flood of prime parts of every sort. DE may as well kiss their warframe market a solid goodbye and remove it from the game.

So i ask again why dont you maybe think yourself before shouting "idiots". Think how the game is constructed before talking trash.

and thus we should probably refrain from the salt wars -.-; however it is generally agreed that there has to be some sort of restrictions so that players won't crash the market ;D  

Perhaps for auction house we have a different currency? To be honest, I didn't thought about that. However the counter argument to this is that people would want to sell their stocks fast, thus undercut the current market price. Others would seek to manipulate it, but it would balance out in the end I think. However this is very laissez faire economics lol

a bit more elaboration? maybe we can take this and implement it? or we could help out trading by killing rngsus or lootcifer 

A different currency was not something i ever thought about, and this is used in some games.  That could help.

And to elaborate on the filter.

In Star Trek Online, which i used as an example further up the comments, you can search items by name AND type, as well as by Mark and rarity

So if you wanted a turret for your starship, you would put in the type field "turret"  the name would for convenience be the energy type, so Phaser Disruptor etc.  The mark would be a number from 1-14 each higher mark being more powerful.  and rarity which is  common, uncommon, rare, very rare, exotic.  each level adds a modified to the equipment up to 5 modifies which could be the same or different.

A different currency was not something i ever thought about, and this is used in some games.  That could help.

And to elaborate on the filter.

In Star Trek Online, which i used as an example further up the comments, you can search items by name AND type, as well as by Mark and rarity

So if you wanted a turret for your starship, you would put in the type field "turret"  the name would for convenience be the energy type, so Phaser Disruptor etc.  The mark would be a number from 1-14 each higher mark being more powerful.  and rarity which is  common, uncommon, rare, very rare, exotic.  each level adds a modified to the equipment up to 5 modifies which could be the same or different.

That is neat but I think this would only apply to mods. For prime parts it would be a bit more difficult. What if we let the player rate their mods/parts? or have that process be automated, and that would limited the price cap for the part/mod?

Really idiot post ?

So in most MMO's whit AH in them - there is such thing as soul bound or account bound or character bound. Limiting greatly what items can be sold and what items cant be sold.

And the high grade stuff is put behind a grind wall. Means you first need to spend months of grinding to top level. THen you need to spend months to attain gear that will lead you to the "end game" and then you are able to gain items worth a damn on AH. Tell me exactly how many of this "gates" exist in this game ? At most you need a day or two and you will be able to farm rare mods and prime parts from starter planets and void via the recruite tab.

Here however we can trade EVERY mod in the game - EVERY ONE LAST OF THEM. The only reason some mods have high price is couse there countless copy's stuck in their owners inventorys and they cant be arsed to sell them. You put an AH in the game - all this duplicates come into play and crash the market.

What about Prime parts ? I have been "WTB trash prime parts" and you wont belive what items i have gotten for 1p. Stuff that can be instant sold for 20-40p is given as trash prime parts. Here comes AH - instant flood of prime parts of every sort. DE may as well kiss their warframe market a solid goodbye and remove it from the game.

So i ask again why dont you maybe think yourself before shouting "idiots". Think how the game is constructed before talking trash.

I took the second part of that post as sarcastic i apologize,  THIS post is much better.  I understand bound items, which make sense, however i would recomend we dont do this with warframe.  And the crash you mention would happen theres no question, however the market will stabilize, even with big clans manipulating prices it will stabilize.  This is why in the op i mention either  1 of each item per player per day, thus completing voiding the duplicate problem.

That is neat but I think this would only apply to mods. For prime parts it would be a bit more difficult. What if we let the player rate their mods/parts? or have that process be automated, and that would limited the price cap for the part/mod?

I can understand that, and hte mods part is already partially implemented.  if were talking weapons/frames/etc then it would only apply to the completed form.  Or a new system of "quality" for weapon/warframe parts could be implemented, however that would be insane on the coding team and is for another topic on another day.

As for the amount of coding involved, it seems even third rate games manage to have an auction house, I am sure it is within DE's capabilities to set one up without taking away too much man-hours. 

See this guy is staying true to the original purpose of this post, solving the problems instead of stating them.  Props.  I see nothing wrong with your comment here seems perfect.  While it is probably withing DE capabilities it would take too long to do, it could be "labeled" as a side project to be worked on in spare time, depending on DE's internal structure, which we won't really ever know about.

What we have so far

-we want something similar to GE?

-Trade chat is a mess

-Search function on trade chat?

-Different currency?

-Rarity of items rank

-Daily limits

-big clans COULD abuse it, or the other way around 

Pretty much.

I would say search function on the house, but i suppose you could do it to the chat.

Big clans can and probably will abuse it, but the solo traders if they have the patience will probably out-do even the big clans who just spam buy/sell with no thought or little thought depending.

I can understand that, and the mods part is already partially implemented.  if were talking weapons/frames/etc then it would only apply to the completed form.  Or a new system of "quality" for weapon/warframe parts could be implemented, however that would be insane on the coding team and is for another topic on another day.

Hmmm, you know what would be cool? Tweaking the resource requirements of frames weapons etc. Thus it would lead to different stats, which would lead to more varity, which would then lead to the whole "quality" aspect. I mean I would love to use my excessive parts for something else you know? 

Thus the prices would fluctuate and even if people were to abuse it people can still pick and choose their stuff :/

Am I making sense ^.^;?

Edited by Brokenrune

Hmmm, you know what would be cool? Tweaking the resource requirements of frames weapons etc. Thus it would lead to different stats, which would lead to more varity, which would then lead to the whole "quality" aspect. I mean I would love to use my excessive parts for something else you know? 

The whole resource system could do with some spit and polish, as well as a ton more resources which can be combined into others, such as the rare resource bps, which imo are unbalanced.  Also packs of resources could also be sold on the auction house

Trade Chat still exists

Number of items you can list at a time is the same as half the number of trades you can make per day.

Items can be listed with as an auction and/or with a "buy now" price.

The auction house only deals in credits or plat.  There is a 10% credit and Plat tax per transaction. Trading as we do now does not have this tax. (If you sell something for credits then the tax is credits if you sell it for Plat the tax is in Plat.  The 10% tax is simply taken out of circulation instead of going to a clan or whatever.)

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

Trade Chat still exists

Number of items you can list at a time is the same as half the number of trades you can make per day.

The auction house only deals in credits or plat.  There is a 10% credit and Plat tax per transaction. Trading as we do now does not have this tax. (If you sell something for credits then the tax is credits if you sell it for Plat the tax is in Plat.  The 10% tax is simply taken out of circulation instead of going to a clan or whatever.)

That is neat, but can we get scaling taxes? the more profit the more tax you have, kinda like progressive taxing on incomes 

Trade Chat still exists

I wouldn't say half i would say equal, but opinions are opinions.

and we do have clan tax in tradings current state, but most clans keep it at 5% or lower.

Should the tax be taken out of circulation? i can understand that for credits, but plat? really? hmm.. i'd have to think about this one.

That is neat, but can we get scaling taxes? the more profit the more tax you have, kinda like progressive taxing on incomes 

My opinion says no i would say if we have the tax keep it fixed always.  

I wouldn't say half i would say equal, but opinions are opinions.

and we do have clan tax in tradings current state, but most clans keep it at 5% or lower.

Should the tax be taken out of circulation? i can understand that for credits, but plat? really? hmm.. i'd have to think about this one.

Taking it out of circulation gives players a reason to still use trades.  It also gives DE a valid reason to make and improve on an AH.  That 10% plat taken out of circulation represents people spending real money for the use of an AH, even if it started out as someone else's real money (via trades).

No need.  If you sell something for 100 plat then you pay only 10p.  If you sell something for 10000p then you pay 1000p. 

I am talking about profits. Let say a item has a average price of 100, and you sell that item for 120, you would be taxed for ten percent which is 12 plat. but if you were to make a outrages profit of say 500 for the market average of 100 plat, then you would get taxed at 30 percent. It would hopefully take away the incentives for scams and abuses, hopefully.

Taking it out of circulation gives players a reason to still use trades.  It also gives DE a valid reason to make and improve on an AH.  That 10% plat taken out of circulation represents people spending real money for the use of an AH, even if it started out as someone else's real money (via trades).

I understand your point, however i just don't feel this is right.  If the tax was credits for plat based AH, it could be the # of plat * 1000   credits? so if you sell something for 100 plat  you pay 100k credits, which seems fair, what do you think?

I am talking about profits. Let say a item has a average price of 100, and you sell that item for 120, you would be taxed for ten percent which is 12 plat. but if you were to make a outrages profit of say 500 for the market average of 100 plat, then you would get taxed at 30 percent. It would hopefully take away the incentives for scams and abuses, hopefully.

That makes sense, but i still stand by fixed taxes

I understand your point, however i just don't feel this is right.  If the tax was credits for plat based AH, it could be the # of plat * 1000   credits? so if you sell something for 100 plat  you pay 100k credits, which seems fair, what do you think?

Welll the reason it is there is to prevent massive profits and manipulation you had said before. It is a incentive to pervent big booms or bust in the market cycle 

Welll the reason it is there is to prevent massive profits and manipulation you had said before. It is a incentive to pervent big booms or bust in the market cycle 

Yes however, when someone gets a big profit of several thousand plat, what do you think they gonna do with it,  buy more stuff with all that plat, starting a cycle of plat being moved from account to account until some frugal person decides to keep it and spend it wisely.

I know what you are talking about, but I am saying that fixed percentages make more sense and are far more fair. An increasing tax scale will just cause people to jack up their prices by a far higher rate in order to get the same profit.  If they want 500p then they are going to charge you however much it takes to make that 500p, whether that means charging you 550p or 700p.

How is it not right?

It won't limit the AH to plat only, because the tax would only be applied at the time of payment.  It would not be a listing fee. 

Making the AH a credit only tax offers DE no monetary incentive to build or maintain an AH.

No auction house.

Fite me.

i new people like you would show up.  This post is not  a question of "should we get an AH", no it is a "How should an AH work" post,  be helpful and constructive or get out, nobody wants people like you around

Edited by robertgk2017

Okay. now the question is why not? ;D come on tell me your reason for not wanting an auction house eh?

Really, I have no opinion one way or the other. I see faults and benefits in both systems. I just came here because the title and OP were kinda clickbaity and I was bored.