The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Stuck! : Location Reset

Drakontis

How many times have people been shunted into outer space through doors or glitches? How many times have people gotten stuck in some area due to whatever reason. Bad jumping or whatever. We need some way to get out of these situations that does not include having to leave the game entirely and forfeiting potential rewards. A proposal is a button or type command that will teleport you to your nearest ally. It would completely freeze your animations while in effect with a small channeling time (similar to League of Legend's home teleport) so that you can get back into the map and into the game with minimal frustration. If we could get some help on this type of thing, it would be appreciated and less frustrating in general.

Edited by Drakontis

This is a good idea in theory but i see way too many ways people can take advantage of it the way you are proposing it. For example in order to use it while falling through space it would have to be able to be used while moving unlike the league home teleport, which means people could use it while running just to get themselves out of a bad situation or something. Then theres also the times when you end up being downed outside the map and reviving just puts you back there, being able to use it in that situation would also make it easier to get yourself revived without people having to run towards you, and it wouldnt punish those people who run ahead without staying with the team.

Good idea in theory just would need some tweaks.

I don't think you're technically "moving" while falling infinitely unless you're using your WASD/directional keys. I could be wrong about that, however. 

I just figured that defaulting to a friendly would be better than the spawn point because of rushing or people or other things where the person gets left behind. 

As for solo play, resetting to the last room would possibly be a decent idea and might be better than porting to the nearest player.

I have had this happen to me 5-6 times this week alone. Once after I got a blueprint. I had to wait for everyone else to finish the map while I fell though space for ten minutes. This problem needs to be fixed.

I have had this happen to me 5-6 times this week alone. Once after I got a blueprint. I had to wait for everyone else to finish the map while I fell though space for ten minutes. This problem needs to be fixed.

Yea my Slash Dash got me into a similar situation at Io on Jupiter. Infinite falling. An unstuck command of some sort would definitely be useful. Definitely something that needs to be addressed Drako. +'d

I've always wondered about a safety net. Something placed beneath the lowest floor of the level that acts similarly to a pit inside of a room, teleporting you to the last solid floor you were standing on.

It doesn't help against possible glitch/stuck spots. I found one while wall running on a corpus defense. Sat the rest of the mission sniping and being completely unable to get out and pick up mods and other loot. It sucked. Thus why I think that a button would be better.

Oh yes I so much want a /stuck command. Give it a cooldown and have it reset you to the closest pre-set "safe" point on the map.

The cooldown would help against it being abused for any reason. Wouldn't want to risk being stuck out of the map.

I'm stuck on a jupiter mission RIGHT now... was hoping something like this was implemented already...

Well hopefully with the amount of people who do have this problem and the amount of people who can have this problem, it will be addressed soon. 

• 2 weeks later...

DE should make an unstuck command, but they wont. They said they wont, cuz they want people to report getting stuck so they can fix it. It's also been suggested by people on the forum that the unstuck command auto initiate a bug report, giving the exact location and a screen shot.

Me... I'm still wondering where the in game bug report is since Im supposed to give a bug report everytime. Talk about inconvenient