Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rare Material Drop Rates Even More Crappy Then Ever.

Satwo

Why is it now that you guys change the rare mat drop rates? do i seriously have to run through 15 boss fights to get one damn control module?

This is exactly why people rush. crap like this, where they only need that one piece to finish something, and then NEVER get it. helped out a new player, said all he needed left to make his new sword was a morphics. ran him through 18 Tolstoj missions, only for him to say "im done, this is boring. if this is all the game is, ill just go play something else."

I remember a time when you killed a boss and you had what seemed like a 100% chance to get the rare material drop. And it was perfectly fine. No one ever complained "RARE MATERIALS DROP RATE OP PLZ NERF DE".  I'm not sure why it had to change exactly? It's tedious enough getting materials to build frames and weapons especially when a weapon can cost 1200+ rubedo. Going after gallium in about 20 runs in the last 2 days I've gotten a grand total of 3.

It won't be warframe and weapon balance or exclusive clan weapons that make me quit this game. It will be the extreme to which DE feels they need to make the grind for materials that makes me stop. Making things tedious and frustrating to an extreme is in fact that exact opposite of fun.

Edited by f3llyn

I remember a time when you killed a boss and you had what seemed like a 100% chance to get the rare material drop. And it was perfectly fine. No one ever complained "RARE MATERIALS DROP RATE OP PLZ NERF DE".  I'm not sure why it had to change exactly? It's tedious enough getting materials to build frames and weapons especially when a weapon can cost 1200+ rubedo. Going after gallium in about 20 runs in the last 2 days I've gotten a grand total of 3.

It won't be warframe and weapon balance or exclusive clan weapons that make me quit this game. It will be the extreme to which DE feels they need to make the grind for materials that makes me stop. Making things tedious and frustrating to an extreme is in fact that exact opposite of fun.

Pretty much everything ya just said. >.> Friggen controle modules for instance. Only one guy really drops them, and now he doesnt seem to drop them much.

The problem is that they are now dropping the dojo resources.

I think it works something like this

Lets say you have a 30% chance to get a rare resource from the Hyena (magical number i just made up by the way)

Before, that 30% chance had a 100% chance to be a control module

Now, it seems like its about 66%/33% of fieldron to control module.

so instead of a 30% chance, i now have about a 10% chance to get a CM.

Again, completely made up number, and this may not be true, but that my opinion on how the rare drops were working.

I hope this was an accident or something they did quickly because they didn't have time to recalculate all the boss drops and wanted U8 out of the door quicly and will be hotfixed this week.

PLEASE could a dev comment on this?

Agreed, and completely.

I get Steve's argument (and that of the other devs, presumably) that grinding should exist in this game, and I agree somewhat. However, for a player to feel devoted to continuing to grind, they need a clear indicator of their progression.

Being able to go on a boss run to Psamathe (Neptune) for a better than even chance for a Control Module is a good, clear indicator of progress. Having to repeat said run 30+ times in order to get one is not.

I've tried a few more runs in various places since last night. Still no Void Keys. I got the chance to go on 3 Void Runs last night, and while I nearly have all the Latron Prime parts now, I still do not have any Forma.

The gameplay for an actual game of Warframe is fine, for the most part. One can make the argument that the UI could be improved, but not many people have issues in general with Warframe's gameplay. One can easily tell that many long hours went into designing each and every piece of what would go into a typical game of Warframe to the point where it would be great fun to play and experience - and still is.

It's all the mechanisms and systems around the gameplay that are causing the problem now. Drop rates for rare materials, Void Keys, and Forma are low enough now that it's killing my enjoyment of the game. If I'd received even one Forma over the past week, that would be enough to give me hope, and not keep making these posts. However, I have not, nor have I yet had a Void Key drop.

I can live with still not having the Banshee completed after 300+ hours into the game. I can live with needing to take more time to complete the Vauban, as I haven't been home at the times the Vauban Helmet was offered on Alerts so far. However, it is very frustrating to have taken the time and effort to gather all necessary materials to finish your first room in your Dojo, and still be staring at the "Forma: 0/5" indicator after more than a week.

Is the solution for my friends and I in our small clan really "oh, just disband your clan and join a much larger one"? Or put another way, does DE want casual players as well as more devoted players?

they really need to fix the drop rate. at this point It feels annoyingly long to just get one, I shouldn't have to play a boss this much and its getting boring. I really do enjoy this game, thats why i've invested $120 in it. I'd hate to get bored because I can't build anything anymore and have to grind over and over. It was better the way it was before.

There's a difference between grinding and endlessly farming for something that may or may not drop.

Any game that has grinding has 2 kinds;

You need X of Y

Enemey A drops 1 Y when he dies.

You kill enemey A X times, farming complete.

You want the legendary __@__ sword

Boss B Drops ___@___ 10% of the time

You kill boss B once a week for many weeks as it takes until he finally gives you the weapon you need.

In warframe, it's more like;

You want the legendary ___@___ Sword

It drops 10% of the time from running X mission

You run X mission over and over again until you get it... except all you get is a blueprint that needs crafting matts.

To farm those mats you need HUGE quantities of # and just a few of (!)

# drops 10% of the time from enemies in some mission

You run the mission dozens and dozens and dozens of times and FINALLY get enough resources.

(!) drops 5% of the time from boss Q

You fight boss Q for nigh infinity since you don't just need one, you need up to 10.

You finally earn enough materials to craft the weapon you got days ago.

And you have to spend some money and then wait another 12 hours before you get to use it....

By now you've long since forgotten what ___@___ is, let alone what Boss A...or was it B? I think there was a Q in there...

The point is, when other games offer you weapons, you get the weapon. It may be rare and require grinding, but there you go; you've got it.

When it comes to farming large numbers of mats, you know exactly what you're getting and how much you'll get, and they're usually for optional content like crafting professions, potions, etc.

In warframe, you have to grind to find a blueprint, grind each component of the blueprint, then grind to level up the weapon you get from said blueprint just to see if it's actually the weapon you want to use.

There's no moderation... no end.

Forcing people to run the exact same content several trillion times isn't replayability, it's just repeditive.

Exactly notacobra. I think they should actually increase the drop rate everywhere.

What if the drop rate increased on locations you haven't played recently. It would cause us to go around and play all of them instead of the usual hanf ull and bosses

I experienced that when the boss is not having the rare material you are actually shooting for, it is hidden somewhere else in the level.

Everytime i played a boss run with explorers, we killed the boss, the boss didnt dropped the rare item, i found it somewhere else in the level.

I actually wanna try that out later this day with some friends if this theory can be confirmed 100%.