Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Martial Arts: Passive And Active.

Onite

Unfortunately, my only frame of reference is the Excalibur, so picturing those things aren't quite possible right now. That said, as far as I can tell, all those things rely on a frame-specific skill set that don't stretch plausibility (too much). Vauban drops a device. Rhino stomps so hard he shakes the ground. Mag is taking control of the various ferrous materials in and on the enemy's body. Now, let's look at Fling in terms of martial arts, which doesn't generally rely on technology. You've got a downed enemy on the ground. Then they're up in the air. How exactly does that happen? Do the Tenno just grab their leg and toss them up? If so, then why don't they just fling standing enemies around all the time? Do they use their suit's abilities? If so, then that would really be more of a Skill.

Please note that I actually like the idea, I'm just trying to figure out how it would work, and how it would look.

Unfortunately, my only frame of reference is the Excalibur, so picturing those things aren't quite possible right now. That said, as far as I can tell, all those things rely on a frame-specific skill set that don't stretch plausibility (too much). Vauban drops a device. Rhino stomps so hard he shakes the ground. Mag is taking control of the various ferrous materials in and on the enemy's body. Now, let's look at Fling in terms of martial arts, which doesn't generally rely on technology. You've got a downed enemy on the ground. Then they're up in the air. How exactly does that happen? Do the Tenno just grab their leg and toss them up? If so, then why don't they just fling standing enemies around all the time? Do they use their suit's abilities? If so, then that would really be more of a Skill.

Please note that I actually like the idea, I'm just trying to figure out how it would work, and how it would look.

Well, given you're wearing a super suit that can let you run along walls, slide along the ground, melee weapons that already knock down enemies or even cleave them in !@#$ing two equal halves. I think you're strong enough to atleast toss targets that are not resisting into the air. As for the look of it, since Tenno are ninja, i guess brute strength isnt their absolute without having form and technique, so i imagine something like you grab an enemy by their chest right under their collar bone and swirl-toss them straight above you. Like if you were looking straight down at a tenno from above while he was tossing an enemy, it would look like an @ sign in the pattern. That way it looks like inertia is doing alot of the work and you dont look like the hulk, which is more fluid looking and believable.  Make sense? Is this better?

Edited by Onite

Yep, that works. Thanks for putting up with me ;p

No problem. I'm willing to extrapolate to bridge the gap if they're unable to picture it. Because picturing it is a pretty important part of this suggestion. I really want Warframe to do well and stop being such an RPG number grinding game.

130328_guide02_zps09c838c9.jpg  

I wanted to add on to this by saying your ideas would go great also if we had the option of holding our swords out. We could, of course, have a quick less tacticle melee system by doing what we do now. 

On the other hand we could do full blown combinations with melee if we equip our swords and axes.  Some controls could be changed slightly on order to allow for the use of the moves above. 

For example, instead of E for Melee, it could be used for something like fling or thrust kick respectively based on enemy position. The same For the R button. As shown above, melee would be switched to he mouse buttons, which would make doing different combinations easy.

We could have things like lauchers( combos that end with enemies being hit into the air) as well for a move like fling.

The old simple melee system could easily be kept as well as just a simpler, quick way to use your sword. But we could also have more advanced ways for players with a little more depth to fight enemies.

combos_zps93c775ef.jpg

windmill espacially should be peformed after being or being knockdowned... that would be awesome some kind of reflex tes... the shieldguys knocks you down and with the right timing you could just do a backflip or something like that.

Warframe definitely needs more combat moves.

I have an idea for a one move:

"Grineer wall run"

Execute: Sprint towards grineer, that is facing you, and on melee distance jump.

Animation: After jump, frame's left foot steps on grineer's chest, changing frame's moving direction upwards. After that right foot will kick grineer's jaw. Ending with backflip.

Effect: Gineer will suffer moderate blunt damage and knockdown.

Combo possibilities: Jump attack after backflip

This move would look much like wall run. What do you think?

Maybe quike attacks like palm thrusts or kicks for knockdown and maybe even sweeps could work.but I question the uses of launcher moves as they serve basically the same purpose as a knockdown only done differently

c9 much ?

c9 is not as fast passed as warframe. Also moving there is dumb and clunky.

But I do like the addition of kick and it needs a separate button to come with.

Edited by Unibot

Maybe quike attacks like palm thrusts or kicks for knockdown and maybe even sweeps could work.but I question the uses of launcher moves as they serve basically the same purpose as a knockdown only done differently

Its so you could chain it with moves like izuna drop.

130328_guide02_zps09c838c9.jpg

I wanted to add on to this by saying your ideas would go great also if we had the option of holding our swords out. We could, of course, have a quick less tacticle melee system by doing what we do now. 

On the other hand we could do full blown combinations with melee if we equip our swords and axes.  Some controls could be changed slightly on order to allow for the use of the moves above. 

For example, instead of E for Melee, it could be used for something like fling or thrust kick respectively based on enemy position. The same For the R button. As shown above, melee would be switched to he mouse buttons, which would make doing different combinations easy.

We could have things like lauchers( combos that end with enemies being hit into the air) as well for a move like fling.

The old simple melee system could easily be kept as well as just a simpler, quick way to use your sword. But we could also have more advanced ways for players with a little more depth to fight enemies.

combos_zps93c775ef.jpg

brilliant, this would be my ultimate update.