Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What The Corpus And Grineer Are Really Fighting All Those Invasions Over

chuckdm

At first, I was a sheeple, and followed the accepted public line that this was all about Alad V's aggressive behavior.

Then one day I was running an Invasion on some ships around Saturn...and I had an epiphany.

In all these Invasions, the terminals, tileset as a whole, and even the distribution of enemies (in Crossfire missions) changes as you go along.  Grineer ships have Grineer hack panels, Grineer friendship doors, etc, and Corpus do the same.

But not the containers.

In every single one of these missions, there are only either Grineer or Corpus containers all the way through the mission - even on the opposing ship.

So it finally hit me.  I realized what this was all about.  All this fighting and slaughter wasn't about Alad V.

The truth is...they are fighting over container licensing rights.

I know, I know.  Apparently thousands of years from now, with aliens and cloning and space ninjas. DRM is still the cause of a ton of problems that helps nobody but the already-rich.  Go figure.

(Obvoiusly this post is sarcasm.  It's funny that this has been happening since Invasions first started and it has never been fixed, though.)

That may be true.  It's entirely possible that the reason why the Corpus and Grineer and using each-others containers without a license is because they're both so freaking desperate to get a Mantis, they're willing to try anything - even their rivals' containers.

But I am like 93.7% sure this is still, in part, a licensing dispute.