Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Never Bothered With Free To Play Games...until Now!...ish...

(XBOX)GoomOfDoom

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening/some other time or whatever...Tenno of the WORLD!

I've never bothered introducing myself on other game forums before so this is my first time doing so...so...Hello!

Been playing Warframe since I started it (logged over 250+ hours already?!) and have not played anything else on my Xbox since. Wish I started playing this ages ago. There are many things I love about this game that keeps me coming back for more and i'm not bored yet!

(can you get bored of this game? Is it possible? I've heard...myths...legends...cures...?)

Been a solo player mainly but I do public stuff sometimes. Not really bothered about "Endgame" or whatever at the moment just chilling out with the amount of STUFF you can use and do. Also been slowly building a Dojo myself so I can use even more STUFF but I guess it would help to have the assistance of a few extra players with it hahaha!

Anyway I've rambled enough here. My name is Alex and I hope to see you in-game!

\T/ Praise the Sun! \T/

Welcome to almost 300hours of Warframe!

Well you can be bored. I know some friends who played a bit and stopped playing for some unknown reason (maybe they didnt unterstand the game lol)

and some only wanted to play when i play.. and i said to them they will make no progress since they only spend some hours a week because i need stuff there they would die.. So.. xD

Hope you can kick the enemys asses!

greetings fellow Tenno. It is pleasurable to hear about your swift travels among the stars and it's rejuvenating to feel your enthusiasm for exploration and adventure. I hope that one day our paths will cross and I will experience you in your fullest glory. therefore, go forth and do what it is that you do, be mindful of the Lotus and remember " it's the grineer"

(can you get bored of this game? Is it possible? I've heard...myths...legends...cures...?)

It's entirely possible with Warframe and any other game based around RNG. One of the BIGGEST things that will burn you out on this game is doing 20+ runs to get a part or mod that just won't drop. My advice to avoid that is to never run more than 3-5 times in sequence, just take a break and do something else for a bit. Wait until the next day to continue trying to get said part or mod.

Another thing that tends to make players bored in this game is when there's nothing left to level up. What a lot of players don't realize is that the grind practically defines this game. It gives you a constant goal to achieve, and when you've got everything your heart desires in the game, it leaves you wanting more rather than feeling satisfied (at least in my experience). At that point, most players become the type that only log in for special events, tactical alerts, or updates. Then they pump and dump all of the new content within a few days and they leave the game for multiple weeks afterwards until the next attraction draws them back in. There's nothing inherently wrong with doing that, but it is a plateau I recommend avoiding if possible.

Avoiding that one by simply taking your time. There is no race in this game, no ultimate end that will leave you feeling absolutely satisfied with all your accomplishments. You'll always want more to do, and it will come, but you'll bore yourself in the meantime if you turn it into a grindfest to the finish. (i.e. Draco farming)

Nevertheless, this game is incredibly fun if you play it for the right reasons, and if you stick to my advice (and any other advice offered in this thread) you ought to have many many more hours of insane space ninja action to look forward to in the future. Remember, this game will only ever bore you if you let it.

Edited by (PS4)KestralSylver

Thanks for the advice. I used to play Destiny which I put alot of time in (450 hours?!). I enjoyed that at the time as it reminded me how fun Borderlands used to be with random players. Playing with people on that who all had their own guns and whatnot was always enjoyable to watch. It was awesome...

....then modded stuff got online and...it was never the same again...same fate happened to BL2 as well annoyingly. After that I would only play RPG games by myself or with friends so I would never had to worry about that kind of crap again.

I played Destiny for as long as I did as the shooting and movement in-game was VERY satisfying. Weapons and abilities felt and sounded powerful (TITAN PUNCH) and general gameplay was simple and effective. Plus I never had to worry about stuff that did not belong in the game. Even with its flaws (grinding for stuff which leads to more grinding, lack of things to do, etc) I kept on playing simply because of how it reminded me of BL.

In the end however when these feelings ended I just stopped completely (around the time before the Taken King came out). I honestly felt relieved after putting the disk back in the box hahaha!

Warframe at the moment brings me the best of both games (and then some!) which brings me SO much joy. I aim to make the most of it while it lasts. No harm in remaining positive eh? ;)  

(i'm getting Fallout and Battlefront in November when they are released so I can give this lovely game a break for a bit. Its not leaving my hard drive anytime soon however!)

Edited by (XB1)GoomOfDoom

Hi, Alex!

I'm Ren (you can call me that, or Navy/Panda), and welcome to Warframe!

It's really great that you're enjoying the game! Always a great thing to hear! Personally, I love the game, and I love the community even more, though, as great as both are, you're likely to get bored if you're not actively working on anything new in the game, as the grind can get a bit old. It's a thing in any game such as Warframe, really; you'll really want this one thing, but you just can't seem to get it for the life of you. It's a tad annoying, and really does get old quite fast. I'll have periods where I'm playing actively and getting a lot of enjoyment out of it, and periods I just decide not to play, or decide to sit in the Relay and chat or help out (which is more likely). Always check back in, though, because new content is added all the time!

As KestralSylver said, you really do want to take your time, otherwise you're going to run out of things to do! One of the few things that keeps me playing is helping out other players in whatever they're trying to do (if I can), and (attempting) to run my own Alliance—done pretty well so far! Haha

Being a super awesome Space Ninja is great, and I'd say Warframe is, by far, one of the best games I've ever played, in spite of how annoying some of the grind can be, and I think that's mainly because of the great community we have here! You made the right choice in joining us here, my dear Tenno; I can certainly say I enjoy watching new players as they grow and "mature" into pretty great players, and knowledgeable ones at that! Look forward to doing the same with you =)

If you need anything, feel free to PM me on the Forums; although I can't help you ingame, due to the fact I happen to not have an Xbox, I'll do what I can to help you without being there!

Hello Ren! Thank you for your advice. Don't worry i'm in no rush or anything. Even with the playtime I've already put into the game everything is still very enjoyable. Games like this with THIS much content I like to enjoy everything there is on offer. I've done the same thing with Borderlands 1/2, Dark Souls 1/2, Diablo 3 to name a few so I know how to get my moneys worth hahaha!

Below are the Warframes I desire at the moment (in no certain order or anything)...

Chroma

Frost

Trinity

Vauban

Volt

As I mentioned i'm in no hurry to earn these as i'm still having fun playing as Ember, Excailbur and Oberon. I won't note down what weapons I would like to get as there would be too many to list! (most of them are from the Dojo which i'm slowly building. I could join another clan to get them but I aim to get it done myself ;) )

I do intend on giving this game a well deserved break in November but i'll still play it from time to time. Nothing lasts forever but the best thing i've learnt is to make the most of what you have :D