The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hello All, Newbie Here!

(PSN)DropDeadDamiean

Hi everybody, DropDeadDamiean here on PS4. I just started playing warframe this week and just purchases my PS4 for the first time last month, so I'm new to both PSN and Warframe.

So far playing the game has been a tons of fun, albeit slightly overwhelming with the amount of things on the screen at once. So I guess my main question would be, what should I be doing?

I made it through the tutorial so to speak, gathering the parts for my ship and defeating Vor (I think that's his name) but after that I have no idea what I am doing. Does the game just not guide you in any particular direction? Is there a story mode beyond the first few missions?

Also, I've been reading a lot and a lot of people mention that Warframes are not worth it to buy with premium. That being said, I'm sure it's a grind-fest to get your favorite Warframe, but I'm wondering if there is a good "general" path to follow. I started off with Excalibur since his description said he was the most noob friendly, but I feel like I'm starting to be less useful. I try to stay on top of my mods, but I don't know if I'm even using the mod screen correctly. 

Anybody have some tips for a lone noob to really get into what this game has to offer?

Thanks ahead of time!

- DDD

Hi everybody, DropDeadDamiean here on PS4. I just started playing warframe this week and just purchases my PS4 for the first time last month, so I'm new to both PSN and Warframe.

So far playing the game has been a tons of fun, albeit slightly overwhelming with the amount of things on the screen at once. So I guess my main question would be, what should I be doing?

I made it through the tutorial so to speak, gathering the parts for my ship and defeating Vor (I think that's his name) but after that I have no idea what I am doing. Does the game just not guide you in any particular direction? Is there a story mode beyond the first few missions?

Also, I've been reading a lot and a lot of people mention that Warframes are not worth it to buy with premium. That being said, I'm sure it's a grind-fest to get your favorite Warframe, but I'm wondering if there is a good "general" path to follow. I started off with Excalibur since his description said he was the most noob friendly, but I feel like I'm starting to be less useful. I try to stay on top of my mods, but I don't know if I'm even using the mod screen correctly. 

Anybody have some tips for a lone noob to really get into what this game has to offer?

Thanks ahead of time!

- DDD

Like song said: "Go your own way".

Unlock as much planets and missions on them. Thats the first thing. Aslo find what warframe you would like to play as. As you are newbie my recomendation would be Valkyr (You can farm her on Jupiter boss. Mission Called Themisto), and Rihno (Droped on Venus, mission call Fossa.)

then find out what weapon you want to play with. 

As long as you play you will drop mods to equip to your staff. 

Regards.

hello there good sir. welcome to the warframe forums

my personal suggestion: find a decent, experienced player and ask him to stay with you

this might be better than a Q&A Thing because an answer can be forgotten. a live example however won't imho

Edited by runbat