Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Purchasable Mod Slots

p0is0n3d

If you're reading this I thank you for that.

Idea: Purchasable Mod Slots via Forma up to a total of 14 mod slots per item (Warframe, Weapon, or Sentinel).

Costs:

Warframes: Scaling from 1-4 additional slots: 25F, 50F, 100F, 200F

Sentinels: Scaling from 1-4 additional slots: 15F, 30F, 60F, 120F

Weapons: Scaling from 1-6 additional slots: 10F, 20F, 40F, 80F, 160F, 320F

If you like this idea please give it a thumbs up, if not then please state why and please do not state that it "breaks the game" because with the direction mods are going they will, in the future, be even more specialized.

Edit: This is an idea for a far off FUTURE update, not the next one.

Edited by p0is0n3d

You're basically requesting gear can be even more powerful than it already is, which makes the game easier, which is definitely not the direction Warframe needs to go in, in my opinion. Maybe adding more slots but lowering the power point cap as an option, so people can have more variety in mods but they'd be less leveled. Quantity vs quality, I guess.

Also requiring that many forma is just making the game more pay2win. If DE made actually difficult content, people would be upset they feel they need to buy hundreds of forma to clear new content, which is pretty insane. 320 forma is $320...

Edited by V3G3T4BL3

I think back before polarisation this could have been viable. It would allow more utility in things (say taking environ. resistance or zoom on a weapon) without overpowering it (since you are still limited to 30/60 mod points).

Now with polarisation this could become incredibly over the top, 14 slots with polarities, you'd be a god andthere is literally nothing that needs this level of gear.

I believe F is forma btw.

You're basically requesting gear can be even more powerful than it already is, which makes the game easier, which is definitely not the direction Warframe needs to go in, in my opinion. Maybe adding more slots but lowering the power point cap as an option, so people can have more variety in mods but they'd be less leveled. Quantity vs quality, I guess.

Also requiring that many forma is just making the game more pay2win. If DE made actually difficult content, people would be upset they feel they need to buy hundreds of forma to clear new content, which is pretty insane. 320 forma is $320...

Well, to be honest - you can't pay to get any advantage over people - this is not a Pvp game (at least competetively) However - it is true that thi sgame needs to get harder - certainly not easier.

I think they'd have to add more mods overall before this but it's a good idea. That 320 forma seems a bit daunting though.

It's meant to be daunting as it does mostly just make your weapon overpowered.

Even at the current point cap it would take ages to fully complete a super-weapon, and yes it would be a slight on the pay to win side but if you were someone with any sense I would hope you wouldn't shell out over $600 just to say you have a max slot primary weapon

I think back before polarisation this could have been viable. It would allow more utility in things (say taking environ. resistance or zoom on a weapon) without overpowering it (since you are still limited to 30/60 mod points).

Now with polarisation this could become incredibly over the top, 14 slots with polarities, you'd be a god andthere is literally nothing that needs this level of gear.

I believe F is forma btw.

I mostly meant this to be looked at as a future possibility when this level of gearing would be necessary and yes F does stand for Forma (I got lazy and didn't want to type out Forma after every word) 

Edit: forgot the closing bracket on my last statement

Edited by p0is0n3d

Well i certainly can't deny that the current system will need adjustment when new planets with higher enemies come. At the moment i'd struggle to improve my gear to meet this threat, most of it is maxed.

This idea is as interesting as any other i've seen though and thinking about the future is never a bad thing..

I suspect DE know this as the last few livestreams have mentioned mods with multiple effects etc.

Well i certainly can't deny that the current system will need adjustment when new planets with higher enemies come. At the moment i'd struggle to improve my gear to meet this threat, most of it is maxed.

This idea is as interesting as any other i've seen though and thinking about the future is never a bad thing..

I suspect DE know this as the last few livestreams have mentioned mods with multiple effects etc.

Ahh, I missed this last live stream due to being sick in bed all morning...

That just make whoever can be bothered to spend a load of money WAAAAAY more OP than they already are. However - it is true that we need a bit more variation and personalisation of our mod loadout - I really hope this will come.

I refer you to post #8 where I said:

"Even at the current point cap it would take ages to fully complete a super-weapon, and yes it would be a slight on the pay to win side but if you were someone with any sense I would hope you wouldn't shell out over $600 just to say you have a max slot primary weapon"

I refer you to post #8 where I said:

"Even at the current point cap it would take ages to fully complete a super-weapon, and yes it would be a slight on the pay to win side but if you were someone with any sense I would hope you wouldn't shell out over $600 just to say you have a max slot primary weapon"

Come to think of it if you're going to spend over $600 in one shot on a game gun you might as well go buy a pistol and get down to a range or go buy a cheap rifle and go hunting, anything to do with you getting outdoors really.

Edit: Previous statement sounded like i was telling people to go out and shoot someone... Hint: Bad idea and DON'T do that.

Edited by p0is0n3d