Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan "color Picker"/rhino Skills

Dagnome

Clan "Color picker"

Coming from a larger clan, and playing many games that allow clans to have "clan colors" I think it would be very cool if you guys put in a feature that allowed the leadership of a clan to select X amount of colors from the color wheel and allow the clan to have access to it. My original idea was in the form of a "Clan color picker" that the leadership buys, selects X amount of colors (4 maybe) from the existing color wheel set and then they can choose how the clan members get access to this unique color set, via by resource contribution or they can "buy" it from the dojo for credits. You could also include it as a platinum purchase for everyone, say 10-20 platinum, but only the leadership would have access to change the colors selected on that palette. This would be great for clan "unity" instead of someone selecting colors not everyone would have access to. This may also boost color pack sales as people will really like and enjoy X color from X set and purchase the set for their own frames instead of being restricted to the 4 or 5 clan colors on the "Clan color" set.

As for the Rhino,

I wont cry about the current state of Rhino but I would recommend we change him. Here are a few ideas that may put the rhino back in a groovy way.

Iron Skin:

As I am sure you know, those of us who use Rhino as intended are not to happy with the current state of iron skin mainly due to its lack of use on higher level missions. On a tier 3 Xterm Iron skin (In its current state) lasts for about 4 seconds when you need it the most. This is not a very productive tank. I for one loved the 80% damage reduction for a greater time span. So in my opinion we should either put it back to straight up damage reduction for a greater time frame or extend the damage cap on the current iron skin system. The current system will work for low level missions but once you hit high damage enemies, they soak through 800 damage rather quick.

Rhino Charge:

We can all agree that this ability needs some love. I would recommend we change it. Rhino charge is not aggressive enough damage wise in my opinion, and when compared to slash dash it is fairly useless. I recommend to make this ability "fit" more with the theme of rhino we do the following to it. Make Rhino Charge a Charge attack. A player can hold down the power button and "Charge" the skill up to three times, for X seconds held down the power will charge in three "waves". The first wave would cost the standard 25 energy and do similar damage as it is now, the second 'Charge" would cost 35 energy have extended range and damage and so on to the 3rd "Charge" which would be around 50 energy and have extreme effects on the enemy damage wise. This ability however, would render the Rhino immobile and would instantly pull aggro from surrounding enemies. The player could still move their camera view to determine which direction the charge would go in as it charges. In my opinion this would not only make this ability a bit more useful on the battlefield but would look awesome.

Rhino Stomp/Radial Blast:

When Scott said these two abilities were similar he wasn't lying. I think any Rhino player can agree that Radial blast trumps Rhino stomp any day of the week as you get the knockdown effect with a high damage ability. In my eyes Radial Blast is more of a "Rhino stomp" than "rhino stomp" is. These two abilities could be combined to make a high damage CC ability which would be a good 4th skill for the rhino.

My suggestion:

Give Rhino the ability to "Berserk" increasing his melee damage/melee speed for X period of time and possibly his movement speed as well. This would fit with the role of a frame called "Rhino" and would incorporate greatly within the Melee system. I don't know if DE is looking to give Rhino a new ability or what but this is my suggestion.

If you had to give Rhino a new ability to fit this slot, what would it be? Be a bit descriptive other than 'Give him OP ability" please. The Rhino is under the spotlight at the moment and I think DE could use some constructive ideas about this beloved frames future. Also please keep feedback on the topic constructive.

Edited by Dagnome

I like the clan colour thing but I would think it would have to be like a blueprint system instead of a leader picks 4. People would just abuse and go through them all so everyone had all the colours.

I like the clan colour thing but I would think it would have to be like a blueprint system instead of a leader picks 4. People would just abuse and go through them all so everyone had all the colours.

In my head it would only be 4 colors the leader could pick but to change them he would have to pay for it again. The individuals in the clan would only have access to the current colors selected by the leadership. and none of ti would be "Permanent". if they left the clan then the "Clan color" set would be empty until they joined a new clan who had this feature active.

I like the whole 'berserk' thing. It gives rhino back the beast-mode I loved him for.

I still think they should just replace Stomp with a zero cost toggled  ability (lets call it "beast mode" or "fury" or something like that)that just makes all his abilities cost twice as much but do much more (eg, blast becomes stomp+damage, Iron skin soaks more/lasts longer, charge has more range and a longer knock down or something). This would make him much more interesting at least, and probably a lot more useful.

EDIT: or perhaps the ability could cost 100 energy, but the next ability cast costs nothing and has additional effect. This brings it more in line with other 'ultimates', and would probably be easier to manage. Essentially he'd have 3 normal abilities and 3 almost-but-not-really ultimate level abilities, which as he is a tank first, would prioritize hard disables over damage.

Edited by Hyginos