Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Bigger = Better?

Rompido

Clan Size needs to be reduced to help keep gamers interest and loyalty

When a clan gets to be over 40-60 members players tend to get unattached to their clan and its members. they start to feel left out, or out of the loop. especially in this game where the most  you can have in a group is four. what I've seen from personal experience is the closer members of a clan are to one another. the longer they tend to stick around even if their enjoyment from the game has gone downhill. anyone that has spent 5-10+ years in online games where you must make clans will know this to be a true statement and not just a matter of opinion.

Before I joined the clan I am in now, I was with a very good group of ppl that have come to play this game together, from another game. we choose to make our own clan and grow it together. with the introduction of Dojo's and requirement to have huge amounts of members in clan to get things done in a timely manner, out the window have gone a lot of the smaller clans to join larger clans.I have said it before Dojo was even announced , there must be a cap to the limit of members in a clan. and I'm saying it again. This I predict will be Warframe's downfall along with lack of end game and leader board type ways to track progress.

Adjust clan Size

Add more end game

Add in game or forums method of tracking progression of end game

Time is running out. eventually players will see there is no reason to rush anything because its all for nothing. ( no strong end game ) and there goes all your profits.

Edited by Rompido

Everything... is so... dark...

You're right. With the current dojo resource system, larger clans are being rewarded, while the smaller, close-knit clans have to invest much more to build a dojo.

There has been talk on the forums of need for the addition of clan alliances, where clans can keep their close-knit community while being a part of something much bigger. 

By the way, your font color will... distract...

Everything... is so... dark...

You're right. With the current dojo resource system, larger clans are being rewarded, while the smaller, close-knit clans have to invest much more to build a dojo.

There has been talk on the forums of need for the addition of clan alliances, where clans can keep their close-knit community while being a part of something much bigger. 

By the way, your font color will... distract...

I think its fixed. ( the font color )

Edited by Rompido

I disagree a bit. Since our clan is pretty hefty and we know each other. It just depends on how it's done. I firmly believe a clan can be 'tight knit' if they want to be. 

But in any case, let big clans be. But fix up the rates for small clans. Which is what they're going to do. Steve already said they're working with the number '50' as a benchmark for small clan scaling.

Check out the livestream from yesterday and I think you'll find that the DE folks agree with you, OP.

They actually don't. They consider SMALL clans to be up to 50 players (yes, 10 player clans are less than small). To the OP: you idea is just absurd. There are several clans based on off-game shared interest: regional clans (Japan), forums (such as Reddit and Something Awful), among other reasons, that bring hundreds of players together.

They actually don't. They consider SMALL clans to be up to 50 players (yes, 10 player clans are less than small). To the OP: you idea is just absurd. There are several clans based on off-game shared interest: regional clans (Japan), forums (such as Reddit and Something Awful), among other reasons, that bring hundreds of players together.

+They actually don't.+

no sir, wrong.  watch the video again.   at 28:08  steve clearly says "we are going to make it right" ( implying its wrong )  Q&A on this starts at 23:40

+They consider SMALL clans to be up to 50 players+

I gave a estimate. 40-60 once that number goes beyond it not as personal as a 1-50 clan size, that fact remains the same as the clan size grows

+you idea is just absurd+

your argument is absurd, my main point as stated is "players tend to get unattached to their clan and its members" and "closer members of a clan are to one another. the longer they tend to stick around even if their enjoyment from the game has gone downhill." 

those forum guilds which i've been a part of are always jumping around from game to game. tell me I'm wrong. my points made are to help keep the Churn rate down, which is super important in CLV ( customer lifetime value )   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Customer_lifetime_value   what does this mean to those that enjoy playing this game?  in short a great game with a long lifespan 

You're welcome to prefer smaller clans, but please don't pretend that it's true of everyone.

A clan doesn't need to be tight knit to function or even thrive, and small clans can be far more vulnerable to implosion if a few vital members leave. Beyond that, if there's a desire for larger clans (as is evidenced by their very existence), placing hard limits on their membership is just going to result in fragmented clans, not more small, communal ones.

Frankly, I'm a little offended that you'd dare presume to know my opinions about my clan-mates better than I do (any Goons reading this: you're all terrible people and I love you for it). So far you've provided precisely one source for your assertions: your own experience. If you really want to make the claim that larger guilds are inherently damaging to a game's life expectancy, you'll need to provide examples where that has been a key factor in a game's demise.

On the subject of end game content, what exactly are you expecting? There's already an admittedly weak form of endgame content right now: high level defense missions and Void Tower runs. Xini especially is a popular destination for people who don't feel like leveling new gear. I'd love to see more end game content as well, but to claim that the game is completely lacking in it is short sighted at best.

And as a last note; "Leaderboards?" I'm not objecting to their presence, but do you honestly think that adding Leaderboards will save Warframe from whatever MMOpocolypse you're wasting our time doomsaying for? If things were really as bad as you're trying to make them out to be, stat-tracking wouldn't do a damn thing to change them.

Smaller clans definitely deserve a chance at the new content, but the way to achieve that is to give them a leg up, not kneecap the bigger ones.

Edited by Keeshhound

"You're welcome to prefer smaller clans, but please don't pretend that it's true of everyone."

I did not pretend that's true of everyone. I am speaking generally. "When a clan gets to be over 40-60 members players tend to get unattached to their clan and its members" 

"A clan doesn't need to be tight knit to function or even thrive, and small clans can be far more vulnerable to implosion if a few vital members leave. Beyond that, if there's a desire for larger clans (as is evidenced by their very existence), placing hard limits on their membership is just going to result in fragmented clans, not more small, communal ones."

fine with that statement. so be it.

"Frankly, I'm a little offended that you'd dare presume to know my opinions about my clan-mates better than I do"

I did not, don't see where you got that. once again it was a general statement which its a truth. just like "most people do not wish to harm others" is a true statement but there are many others out there that do wish to inflict harm.

"So far you've provided precisely one source for your assertions: your own experience. If you really want to make the claim that larger guilds are inherently damaging to a game's life expectancy, you'll need to provide examples where that has been a key factor in a game's demise".

no where did I say "larger guilds are inherently damaging to a game's life expectancy"  perhaps you misunderstood. adjusting clan size point was made by me ( and Steve is going to "make it right"  ) for mainly Dojo's the other points where for things I've noticed help keep players interest for longer. 

"On the subject of end game content, what exactly are you expecting? There's already an admittedly weak form of endgame content right now: high level defense missions and Void Tower runs. Xini especially is a popular destination for people who don't feel like leveling new gear. I'd love to see more end game content as well, but to claim that the game is completely lacking in it is short sighted at best"

I should reword it to say "add more end game"  my apologies

"And as a last note; "Leaderboards?" I'm not objecting to their presence, but do you honestly think that adding Leaderboards will save Warframe from whatever MMOpocolypse you're wasting our time doomsaying for? If things were really as bad as you're trying to make them out to be, stat-tracking wouldn't do a damn thing to change them."

alone? No. There is no way that will help. but everyone "TENDS TO" want to be able to rank themselves to others. compare, brag, competition is key in games like these in keeping interest, am I wrong? there is an option for profile viewing. perhaps expand on that concept.  there are a lot of stats shown after a match is over, lots of people love to talk about that with each other. I find myself looking at them a lot as well.

"Smaller clans definitely deserve a chance at the new content, but the way to achieve that is to give them a leg up, not kneecap the bigger ones"

yes smaller clans do need a chance

Hi.. I think.. there needs to be a way for small clans to create a Dojo and enjoy the game with all features.. I don't like big clans.. I only want a clan with my friends.. and we cannot play all day and spend everyday money for forma... We want only enjoy the game.. and play for fun.

If you not play a game for fun, better don't play it.. (if you understand what I want to say.. yes, my english is bad..).

• 1 month later...