The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fan'frame: Flux - Phase Shifting, High Maneuverability Warframe

SilverBones

FanFrame: “Flux.”

Concept: High maneuverability, hit-and-run type of Warframe. The idea is to use the space/time shifting technology the Orokin use to get into the void, and miniaturize that into partial space-folding on a small scale.

Image:  [Coming soon!]

Description: Constantly with a flickering glaze to her appearance, the Flux is smooth, simplistic and delicate in its build, hiding its swift, deadly abilities. Her slim size is great for maneuverability and her layered, flowing armor gives her a kind of ‘slipstream’ appearance to her, as if gliding between worlds was as easy as swimming through water.

There is a feline, predatory grace to the Flux, her movements seem deliberate and planned, as if every step she makes has to be a calculated move. Although her skills rely on quick bursts of ferocity and then finding cover, she can be essential in helping team mates by phase-shifting and providing backup when it’s most needed.

Powers:

1) Phase Out: Targeting an enemy with this power moves them out of phase, leaving them unable to attack or move for small amount of time, but also immune to external damage aside from taking a small amount of damage over time from the power.

2) Flicker: Activating this power allows the Flux to move to a location by a series of micro-teleports. This functions in a similar way to Volt’s speed, except the frame does not traverse the distance. This can keep her free from fire, while maneuvering to a better position. The power does not allow teleportation through walls, however.

3) Invert Phase: Using this power cause the Flux to shift to the void for a small period of time. While active, the Flux is immune to damage, but is unable to attack others herself. This is an excellent panic and escape power, allowing her to also rescue downed units when invulnerable then escape danger.

4) Void Inversion: Flux causes a Moa-like shockwave to emanate out of her body, causing all enemies it touches to be subject to the effects of Phase Out. The damage for this power is increased and if an enemy is killed by the initial damage, it simply flickers out of existence, lost to the endless nothing.

Let me know what you guys think!

Edited by SilverBones

I quite like this, but it seems like a male gender would better suit the theme. I dunno, the ability set and name just don't seem to have a "feminine" vibe about them. That could just be me, though.

I needed a change from designing male frames. This was a designed to be a bit of a challenge for me when I finally put digital pen to digital paper.

• 2 weeks later...