Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Everyone Should Get Resources When One Person Picks It Up

Maneframe

I disagree with this approach.

It requires a different style of gameplay -- some actual coordination and trust -- but doesn't feel like it's "too easy" as OP's solution sounds.

Dunno, I think picking up resources should be easy, I'd rather have enemies/bosses/etc. that require coordination than relying on team coordination just to get mods/resources.  As it is, there's a lot of time wasted when everyone runs around to grab resources (whether searching for them or just running to waypoints), it would also alleviate the issue (for me at least, not sure how much it happens to everyone else) when I'm running around collecting resources after a wave in a defense mission and fail to collect a few because the vote to leave comes up before I'm done sprinting around the map.

One of the things I find frustrating to a smoother gameplay and teamwork experience in Warframe is the instanced resources. As you all know by now, the resource drops, and then everyone has to pick it up individually, just like mods. I've ran into many times where the team has to wait on someone to come grab and grab a resource, or even times where I get a group that wants to rush ahead, and they don't get any of the resources I pick up. If everyone got resources when one picked them up, splitting up would be a viable option, and exploring would be a more viable option. There's not a lot of reason for the whole team to go explore a side room. I've also found myself not fighting many times to go back and grab resources, or to look around to make sure I didn't miss any that someone else picked up. It can become rather frustrating at time. The other thing that doesn't make any sense is that credits are not instanced, but everything else is.

So when people rush the mission, kill NOTHING, run through every mob and don't fire their guns to get to the end as fast as possible, they should get every resource that the the others pick up even though they did nothing but rush? (Yes I have seen people do this, take every elevator and leave the rest of the group to clean up after them)

Is that what you are saying, OP? If so, that doesn't seem fair to me.

Edited by Kalenath

So when people rush the mission, kill NOTHING, run through every mob and don't fire their guns to get to the end as fast as possible, they should get every resource that the the others pick up even though they did nothing but rush? (Yes I have seen people do this, take every elevator and leave the rest of the group to clean up after them)

Is that what you are saying, OP? If so, that doesn't seem fair to me.

Except that system would benefit non-rushers as well, as it would be easier for them to get resources.  I think rushers are annoying too, but rejecting ideas to make things more convenient for those who don't rush just because it would also benefit rushers seems detrimental (trying to balance the game around rushers or implement/keep systems to punish them for rushing will just create inconveniences for normal players).   Maybe get 1/2 the resources if you're not in the same room/within a certain distance?

If someone that rushes gets some resources, so be it, just don't play with them again.  It's annoying when people run way ahead of everyone, but in the end them getting some resources doesn't really affect you (especially since the ones actually helping to clear the mission and gather resources are being rewarded as well).  

If we ever get changes/upgrades to the player lobby it might help as well (being able to join random parties outside of missions would help, if parties could be named you'd see parties labeled "Rushing/No Rush" or just be able to ask members if they're rushing before the mission starts). 

The only thing I think they should change with the actual looting process of resources is make them stay on the ground a little longer. They tend to disappear rather quickly sometimes, for no apparent reason. And maybe make the Thief's Wit radar a little more accurate, or refresh more quickly.

Edited by Sumnus