Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Losing Interest In Warframe Faster And Faster Each Day. (Dev Response Please!)

ProfessorMeeseeks

My current issue with warframe is the fact that I have run over 200 Nef Anyo runs and still have yet to receive a Mag Systems Blueprint. I have run about 100 Jackal runs and have yet to receive a Rhino Chasis Blueprint. I have run about 150 Vay Hek runs and have yet to receive a Trinity Systems Blueprint. It is becoming more and more difficult to find fun in this game. I would LOVE to play a new frame but it's becoming impossible to even do that because nothing will drop new frame parts. I maybe get 1 blueprint out of every 30-50 runs. This is extremely frustrating. I have spent at least 7 hours in the last 24 hours trying to farm the Mag Systems. Nef Anyo dropped a blueprint ONCE. ONE blueprint in 7 hours? That is extremely stupid and ridiculous. This is where RNG needs to be ditched. This is where DE needs to do some serious thinking. Things are becoming extremely frustrating for everyone when trying to obtain new things. I would be perfectly fine if the bosses dropped the entire warframe with how many runs it is taking to get a single blueprint. I am honestly starting to feel as if the drop rates for any given blueprint are so low that DE is wanting us to grind 100 hours to get one warframe. I would LOVE to see a DE dev's response to this thread.

If you watch the livestreams they have touched on this issue. The videos can be found on youtube.

The short of it is, They like rng because it lets casual players have a shot at rare items.

I have had a few things give me heck but the trick is to take it in stride.

the problem is that bosses loot tables are being over saturated with the research materials. They really should have their own drop table chances instead of being merged with the regular materials/ BP drop table. hek, maybe if the BPs had their own drop tables too it might make it slightly easier to get them and later deal with the inevitable increase in other possible drops.

I got rhino and mag both in under 10 runs each. Same goes for each of my other 5 frames.

I honestly feel like this game chooses one or two people and says, "Thou shalt not have anything good. Ever."

And I feel like it also says, "Thou shalt not find anything good this hour but next hour, here is ALL the junk you want."

It's pretty messed up. Doesn't feel very RNG, just random as heck.

Honestly the only RNG that flawed in this game is the alert system. Everything else is no different than any other MMO game out there.

In fact it is better than most.

I have played games that took weeks to months to get an item.  Just because you didn't get a item within a week of farming doesn't make this game RNG any worse than the others.

I don't think the Devs going to take this particular thread any more serious then the other that have been posted. Good luck

If you watch the livestreams they have touched on this issue. The videos can be found on youtube.

The short of it is, They like rng because it lets casual players have a shot at rare items.

I have had a few things give me heck but the trick is to take it in stride.

There is a line between when something is rare and something is unobtainable. At the moment warframe blueprint drops are WAY lower then they should be. I understand they are supposed to be difficult to obtain, but 50 runs before a single blueprint drops? That is ridiculous. They were fine before the last few updates. I could get a frame building within a week. I am now going on a month of grinding for Mag, a week on Rhino, and a week on trinity and that's just for one part. If they don't want people to leave the game, then they need to start thinking about making things a little less grindy. There should be NOTHING that takes an entire month of endless grinding to get a single thing.

I got rhino and mag both in under 10 runs each. Same goes for each of my other 5 frames.

I honestly feel like this game chooses one or two people and says, "Thou shalt not have anything good. Ever."

And I feel like it also says, "Thou shalt not find anything good this hour but next hour, here is ALL the junk you want."

I feel the same exact way.

RNG is random number generator

Also they said they are always looking at fixing or adjusting things. The RNG is not going away anytime soon.

Edited by Obscene

What do you thin RNG mean? It is "random"

For example, I haven't see the stalker for 6 days after U8. I farmed tons of bosses just so I can have him spawn so I can get his BPs.  In the mean time, everyone is "complaining" that the same Bps is dropping multiple times.

I finally gave up, and just went on my merry way of farming mats for dojo.  On the 7th day he shows up, twice.  Am I bitter, no.  Its called RNG.

Edited by Spinner187

What do you thin RNG mean? It is "random"

For example, I haven't see the stalker for 6 days after U8. I farmed tons of bosses just so I can have him spawn so I can get his BPs.

I finally gave up, and just went on my merry way of farming mats for dojo.  On the 7th day he shows up.  Am I bitter, not.  Its called RNG.

Yes it is supposed to be random. But the fact is, I come on warframe and am always trying to get the thing that I know I most likely won't get. Like I was saying, over 200 runs for just one blueprint and still not getting it? There is something broken and needs to be looked at ASAP. I did at least 7 hours of Nef Anyo runs in the last 24 hours for him to drop ONE blueprint. That is when it goes from random to ridiculously low drop rates.

Yes it is supposed to be random. But the fact is, I come on warframe and am always trying to get the thing that I know I most likely won't get. Like I was saying, over 200 runs for just one blueprint and still not getting it? There is something broken and needs to be looked at ASAP. I did at least 7 hours of Nef Anyo runs in the last 24 hours for him to drop ONE blueprint. That is when it goes from random to ridiculously low drop rates.

I spent two weeks farming the Banshee helmet. Immediately after I got it my inventory started filling up with Banshee helmet blueprints.

It can suck this I know. 

If you think it's a bug please open a ticket.

If you just can't handle the RNG system it might be time to move on.

RNG isn't "broken" as like in any other games that uses RNG.

I use WoW for example.  Imagine doing a raid on a certain boss, that doesn't drop the weapon/armor/accessories that you want for 3 months.

Talking about frustrating, but that how RNG works.

I know "200" runs without the drop you want sucks. But if it is a really an issue for you, I suggest you avoid MMOs that use the RNG system, which is actually the majority nowadays.

Edited by Spinner187

There is a line between when something is rare and something is unobtainable. At the moment warframe blueprint drops are WAY lower then they should be. I understand they are supposed to be difficult to obtain, but 50 runs before a single blueprint drops? That is ridiculous. They were fine before the last few updates. I could get a frame building within a week. I am now going on a month of grinding for Mag, a week on Rhino, and a week on trinity and that's just for one part. If they don't want people to leave the game, then they need to start thinking about making things a little less grindy. There should be NOTHING that takes an entire month of endless grinding to get a single thing.

Except that I could do 50 runs in about  12-15 hours of gameplay..... so if I really wanted to thats a week of content.....if I could get each warfarme in a week...I would have every warfarme I could ever want in about 2 months, and then be so sick of the game, that I would never play nor pay for anything

This is why you cant have every warfarme BP and part drop within 15 or 20 runs, and why you just cant worry about this one type of warframe or this other one...just play, have fun, and go along your way

Enjoy the game for what is it, not collecting everything

My current issue with warframe is the fact that I have run over 200 Nef Anyo runs and still have yet to receive a Mag Systems Blueprint. I have run about 100 Jackal runs and have yet to receive a Rhino Chasis Blueprint. I have run about 150 Vay Hek runs and have yet to receive a Trinity Systems Blueprint. It is becoming more and more difficult to find fun in this game. I would LOVE to play a new frame but it's becoming impossible to even do that because nothing will drop new frame parts. I maybe get 1 blueprint out of every 30-50 runs. This is extremely frustrating. I have spent at least 7 hours in the last 24 hours trying to farm the Mag Systems. Nef Anyo dropped a blueprint ONCE. ONE blueprint in 7 hours? That is extremely stupid and ridiculous. This is where RNG needs to be ditched. This is where DE needs to do some serious thinking. Things are becoming extremely frustrating for everyone when trying to obtain new things. I would be perfectly fine if the bosses dropped the entire warframe with how many runs it is taking to get a single blueprint. I am honestly starting to feel as if the drop rates for any given blueprint are so low that DE is wanting us to grind 100 hours to get one warframe. I would LOVE to see a DE dev's response to this thread.

RNG and farm is really boring at long runs, right now i dont have maxed any mood and with only weapons lvl 30 i can solo all the content ( really nothing to do exep defences in pluto) in the long for me its pointless to farm for more power when i can solo anything already...

Edited by Dasmir

I spent two weeks farming the Banshee helmet. Immediately after I got it my inventory started filling up with Banshee helmet blueprints.

It can suck this I know. 

If you think it's a bug please open a ticket.

If you just can't handle the RNG system it might be time to move on.

They are not compensating for all the stuff they are adding into the RNG. THAT is where my frustration is. Things that used to be obtainable in a week are now taking much much longer. The more they add to the RNG, the longer the grind and the more frustrated the player gets. I've tried just telling myself that I'm just going through a bad luck spree. No longer do I feel this way. I am now starting to feel as if getting new things will be torture and nothing but frustration. Two or Three months ago, getting a new frame would not take more then a week of continous grinding. Now it is taking more then a month. If DE really wants to keep their player base, they need to do some serious reworking of the RNG. Right now Warframe is more frustration then it is fun. I know I am not the only one who feels this way. I shouldn't feel like getting a new frame is impossible.

RNG isn't "broken" as like in any other games that uses RNG.

I use WoW for example.  Imagine doing a raid on a certain boss, that doesn't drop the weapon/armor/accessories that you want for 3 months.

Talking about frustrating, but that how RNG works.

I know "200" runs without the drop you want sucks. But if it is a really an issue for you, I suggest you avoid most MMOs games that use the RNG system.

The RNG is broken. Drop rates are all screwed up. 99% of my boss runs do not drop more then a module and some sort of resource. 50% of them don't even drop a mod.

The ? alert RNG is a prime example of a broken RNG. The artifacts make up 75% or so of all alerts. It's basically the same ? alerts every single day.

. Two or Three months ago, getting a new frame would not take more then a week of continous grinding. Now it is taking more then a month. If DE really wants to keep their player base, they need to do some serious reworking of the RNG.

I am sorry, but I am calling BS that it takes a month to farm a frame. Unless you talking about VauBan because of the alert system, or the simple fact that you might play only 4 hours a week, this is obviously a huge exaggeration.

Hate to break the news to you, but RNG isn't going anywhere.  They might tweak it a bit, but it not going to be the way you like it.

Edited by Spinner187

I am sorry, but I am calling BS that it takes a month to farm a frame. Unless you talking about VauBan because of the alert system, or the simple fact that you might play only 4 hours a week, this is obviously a huge exaggeration.

Hate to break the news to you, but RNG isn't going anywhere.  They might tweak it a bit, but it not going to be the way you like it.

I started farming for mag a month and a half ago. I was serious about it at first and I farmed Nef Anyo for an entire week straight. Nothing. I went to doing other stuff and doing Nef Anyo runs from time to time. then after about a week of waiting to start farming serious again it was the same story. It has been like this ever since.

DE_Steve posted this you can find it under...

NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS

ECONOMY

RNG GODS: These RNG Gods are angry! We are constantly thinking about RNG vs. time advancement. It would be a radical change to just drop it entirely. I promise we are considering all feedback and debating a token-system for some type of items. I can understand the frustration with the lottery aspects.