Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Increase Droprate Of T3 Void Keys Or Receiver In T1/t2 Tower

Namacyst

I'm sick of farming for hours to get a T3 Void Key just to leave empty handed again or doing 100+ T1/2/3 Tower runs without ever seeing a Receiver drop.

Droprate of T3 Void keys is disappointing and underwhelming and Droprate of Receiver in T1/T2 virtually nonexistant except for some very rare cases where people got rediculously lucky.

It was a nice gesture to make Receiver/Blade common on paper in T3 but after 25 T3 runs a receiver has yet to be seen and getting to T3 to begin with through farming is even worse than farming a Thunderbolt mod.

I know you try to make money through Void Key Bundles but with those droprate of Keys it's nearly the only choice to even get T3 Keys. Make your players happy who want to farm the keys instead of buying and increase the Droprates (further).

Cheers, Namacyst

No thanks. I'd rather fight and win and grind and try all that much harder to get my receiver or blade or whatever. I want to earn it tooth and nail, and it'd be all the sweeter when I finally do get it, because I tried so hard, and I finally got it.

No thanks. I'd rather fight and win and grind and try all that much harder to get my receiver or blade or whatever. I want to earn it tooth and nail, and it'd be all the sweeter when I finally do get it, because I tried so hard, and I finally got it.

I have the perfect game for you. It's called Dwarf Fortress.

Namacyst didn't say "make it piss easy to get".

He merely asked that they make it feasible to get a T3 key or a Reciever without having to pay for a key pack.

I find it quite idiotic. They reference this RNG lottery system as something to give casual players a chance, but really, it's more likely to screw over a majority of them than help. Also, when you can consistently work towards somethings, it's much less frustrating because you know you're making progress, not just crossing your fingers and praying that you'll get lucky.

Namacyst didn't say "make it &!$$ easy to get".

He merely asked that they make it feasible to get a T3 key or a Reciever without having to pay for a key pack.

I find it quite idiotic. They reference this RNG lottery system as something to give casual players a chance, but really, it's more likely to screw over a majority of them than help. Also, when you can consistently work towards somethings, it's much less frustrating because you know you're making progress, not just crossing your fingers and praying that you'll get lucky.

So you'd rather that they hide it behind a paywall instead? This way you can either choose to support the dev and mitigate the RNG somewhat, or play the game for free and get everything for free. You can either invest time or money. Wether you like it or not, there are economics associated with this game which are in place so you can get your next precious drop too. Really, this isn't idiotic, it's just plain business.

Edited by Hap-muhr

So you'd rather that they hide it behind a paywall instead? This way you can either choose to support the dev and mitigate the RNG somewhat, or play the game for free and get everything for free. You can either invest time or money. Wether you like it or not, there are economics associated with this game which are in place so you can get your next precious drop too. Really, this isn't idiotic, it's just plain business.

I'm sorry, is English not your first language? I definitely don't recall saying "Hide it behind a paywall", nor can I see where I wrote that.

It is idiotic, because they way you "work towards" something is the same what you "work towards" hitting a jackpot on a slot machine.

Fact is, you can entirely eliminate the RNG system and replace it with one that gives you steady progress towards what you want, while still having that free option require people to put in the time and effort and makes the paid alternative look attractive.

News flash. You can have a working business model that doesn't rely on a system where you are dependent on being lucky whether you spend 2 hours or 200 hours trying to get something. It's ridiculously foolish to imply that the RNG system is the only way that this can work.

I'm sorry, is English not your first language? I definitely don't recall saying "Hide it behind a paywall", nor can I see where I wrote that.

It is idiotic, because they way you "work towards" something is the same what you "work towards" hitting a jackpot on a slot machine.

Fact is, you can entirely eliminate the RNG system and replace it with one that gives you steady progress towards what you want, while still having that free option require people to put in the time and effort and makes the paid alternative look attractive.

News flash. You can have a working business model that doesn't rely on a system where you are dependent on being lucky whether you spend 2 hours or 200 hours trying to get something. It's ridiculously foolish to imply that the RNG system is the only way that this can work.

Personal insults are the first hint towards that your argument is weak, so you're already on bad footing here. Secondly, you might want steady and reliable progress, but the powers that be behind the devs obviously don't want that. They don't want a fixed timeline on when you as a player can be expected to drop the game, they want you to keep pulling that slot machine handle over and over. This isn't rocket science, it's simple business and it's proven to work on players since WoW. You might consider it ridiculous from your player-centric view, but to people that design these systems, it's a tried and tested model and moreover it's damned simple to calculate too.

However, say they implement a token system (which they're currently discussing), they'll still make you sit through +200 hours anyway, you just won't have the chance that you have now. Sure, to you as a player it'll be more comforting, but to the devs and financers, it'll be the same time more or less. So in all, it's all just a simple illusion no matter how you slice the pie.

So let me sum this entire thread up.

Its been a week, you have no life and probably 20 hours at least ingame, and you should have everything.

....without paying a dime ofc, ina a free to play game that has real currency.

I feel soo sorry for you, is there a 1-800 number I can call to donate money to end your suffering?

Oh cut it out. We've all seen the reward table by now.

The drop rates in t1's and t2's is absolutely atrocious.

The chance to get a T3 key without paying is nigh impossible unless you're a golden child.

Drop rates are causing some serious dissatisfaction around here, and it isn't because some of them are tough. It's because some are just downright impossible. Keys are a high point of the negative feelings.

It isn't about making the game so easy that you can get everything within hours. It's about the fact that you can play for weeks and still not get something. .17% chance to get a t3 key from missions with a drop, bar defense missions. .15% chance to get a t3 key from a tier 3 defense mission (high level enemies)

.67% chance to get a receiver from a t1 tower map.

.5% chance to get a receiver from a t2 tower map.

12.65% chance to get a receiver from a t3 tower map.

If someone wants to play a free to play for free, they should be able to. The sorts of % chances (which, by the way, are worse than the mere number, as they're a percent chance per attempt, which doesn't guarantee you anything after x amounts of attempts) given at the moment are just downright harsh. At the moment, if you want a Latron Prime receiver you pretty much have to pay for void key packs until you get one to drop in a T3 mission. Getting a t3 key otherwise is nigh impossible unless you have the luck of a demigod.

Edit: And considering datamined information has been spot on so far, as well as the play experiences of myself and many non-paying people, I fully trust the datamined figures for this.

Edited by Tyroki

In reality it's already hidden behind a "paywall", having to grind hundreds of hours to maybe get something it might as well be.

0.15% chance to get a T3 key, or 0.5% to get a receiver.

However you having a "master" badge obviously means you haven't had to grind for keys in the game, so you're opinion is irrelevant.

Serious dissatisfaction from a player base that doesn't want to support the game.... So many threads complaining about RNG, but not a single thread thanking the platinum system for allowing people to play for free. If platinum wasn't bought, you wouldn't have a game to play at all.

The biggest problem is that the tier 3 rewards still have the freaking weapon blueprints in them. Remove the blueprints and move the extra chance of the blueprints over to the receiver and the blade (spread some to frost prime parts if you wish).

Tier 2 should have the receiver and blade be somewhere around 5%, not 0.5%.