Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Halloween Idea- Slender Man Type Enemy

Jackuri

While I understand your concerns, I think you're blowing this whole thing out of proportion. While I wouldn't be against a My Little Pony avatar (generation 4 to be exact), I very highly doubt it would ever happen, as Hasbro owns the rights and the cost and paperwork just to get permission to implement such a thing in game is too much to be realistic.

Now think about those memes. Consider how many of them are grounded in copyrighted material. Do you honestly think that it's remotely possible your fears will come to fruition? I don't. But on the note of Slenderman, I do not believe he is copyrighted, so could be implemented as an event enemy for Halloween.

I don't think there's any harm in having something like this in game every once in a while, especially for, say, a week long event. The problem here, is that you think that DE's going to go on some insane binge and throw everything in that the internet has to offer, based on >one< suggestion.

Take a step back, take a deep breath, and calm down. This isn't the end of the world, so no need to act like it. :)

I am calm, i'm just explaining something because i legitimately care. My point is, it doesnt matter if if its alot or little. Its like if warframe was this nice new car sitting in a parking lot. And then theres a bumper sticker on it. It's pretty noticeable. And you'd rather it wasnt there at all. Even if its a small tiny bumper sticker.

Also as for "copyrighted" material and infringement. While MLP is a copyrighted property. I was only using it as a popular example. Even still, theres plenty of ways to put copyrighted references indirectly into your content while skirting the laws without breaking them. Again, borderlands II makes literally, dozens and dozens of references and memes into their game. And none of it can be directly targeted for a lawsuit. Theres also so many other memes and jokes that are just folklore so to speak, that can also make its way in. Now while i like borderlands 2. I cant say its "Ok" for Warframe to go the same way. Its like apples and oranges. To put them next to eachother metaphorically, it would be like seeing A chocolate sundae=(borderlands.) Sitting next to a T-Bone Steak=(Warframe.) While i can easily like both, i like them for their own thing. So asking me to put even just ALITTLE chocolate syrup on my T-Bone Steak to me is just disgusting. And i feel like most of you guys in favor of this are like "NO WAY MAN, YEAHHH. CHOCOLATE ON STEAK SOUNDS GOOD TO ME." Thing is, this isnt like, garrys mod where your garrys mod is different from mine, where you can have whatever the hell you want and i can have whatever the hell i want. No, its more like we're at a buffet and you're demanding that the place puts chocolate sauce on the steaks.

Do you get where i'm coming from now? While Chocolate sauce on my steak wouldnt be "the end of the world" I would still find it disgusting and i would end up not eating there. And i'm sure a handful of other people would agree.

lol, not a bad idea. See thats what I'm saying. Just something different where you're forced to run for your life in order to survive. Thanks for your post fishworshipper :D

I understand what you're saying. I don't think a new character will change the game in the exaggerated form you just mentioned. Just like the Easter event where the enemy all had bunny ears didn't really change Warframe.

Its just an event, one time deal and its not like I'm saying Slenderman is the "actual character" we want per say. Just an enemy that gives off that creepy vibe. Thats why the title of this thread is "Halloween Idea- Slenderman type enemy."

Hope you understand. I woundn't want my little pony or barbie jumping into my games either.

About the quote thing, I still don't see what you're talking about. The quote looks the same to me from what you posted. They're identical. O.o

I don't really post many threads here so I may have pushed the quote button wrong?

I see you edited and fixed it. But in your original quote, you put everything in the quote box, including your own response. So it looked like you were showing that I said a bunch of wierd S#&amp;&#036;. So thanks for fixing that i guess.

The bunny ears were a pretty average and normal event, same with the easter egg boxes. I'll be honest, i didnt really care for it because it didnt add anything to the game. But it also wasnt a meme. It was just...Easter. Alot of other online games do themed events as well. Like having Jack O Lanterns  or christmas trees or fireworks in game. Thats alright with me. But clique based things? No way man. Like as funny as i think it would be for memes i find funny to be in the game, it would just be sick and unfair to everyone else. I'm sure some of you dont want to see all blood replaced with feces and death cries replaced with farting sounds. Its just a personal level where you draw the line of respect and compromise to let warframe be warframe, with its own originality. That being said, i'll copy paste something from one of my own threads because its relevant.

Derailing my own thread here, but what that "Scary" recipe really needs is uncanny eerie rooms. Heres my take on it. You get an infested sabotage mission, you blow up the generator and your miinimap flickers unreliably, more often offline than on. And when its working it displays wrong readouts like enemies constantly behind you. (like how disruptors mess up your HUD.) All remaining lights on the ship also go off. The only light sources are your flashlight, muzzle flash, and energy storms going on outside the ship. You also come across big big mostly empty and vast rooms that your flashlight cant cover. Theres fields of that organic looking growth knee high, and theres tons of crawlers in the field. The field also can slow you so you cant sprint.

Yeah?

I am calm, i'm just explaining something because i legitimately care. My point is, it doesnt matter if if its alot or little. Its like if warframe was this nice new car sitting in a parking lot. And then theres a bumper sticker on it. It's pretty noticeable. And you'd rather it wasnt there at all. Even if its a small tiny bumper sticker.

Also as for "copyrighted" material and infringement. While MLP is a copyrighted property. I was only using it as a popular example. Even still, theres plenty of ways to put copyrighted references indirectly into your content while skirting the laws without breaking them. Again, borderlands II makes literally, dozens and dozens of references and memes into their game. And none of it can be directly targeted for a lawsuit. Theres also so many other memes and jokes that are just folklore so to speak, that can also make its way in. Now while i like borderlands 2. I cant say its "Ok" for Warframe to go the same way. Its like apples and oranges. To put them next to eachother metaphorically, it would be like seeing A chocolate sundae=(borderlands.) Sitting next to a T-Bone Steak=(Warframe.) While i can easily like both, i like them for their own thing. So asking me to put even just ALITTLE chocolate syrup on my T-Bone Steak to me is just disgusting. And i feel like most of you guys in favor of this are like "NO WAY MAN, YEAHHH. CHOCOLATE ON STEAK SOUNDS GOOD TO ME." Thing is, this isnt like, garrys mod where your garrys mod is different from mine, where you can have whatever the hell you want and i can have whatever the hell i want. No, its more like we're at a buffet and you're demanding that the place puts chocolate sauce on the steaks.

Do you get where i'm coming from now? While Chocolate sauce on my steak wouldnt be "the end of the world" I would still find it disgusting and i would end up not eating there. And i'm sure a handful of other people would agree.

Well, you've certainly made your point. You don't like the idea of Slenderman in Warframe. Understandable. now all I have to ask now, is do you have any ideas for something that could be implemented in it's place? See, from what I'm gathering from the OP is that they'd like something implemented, for Halloween, that's like Slenderman; this terrifying force that's virtually unstoppable and too much for the Tenno to handle, thus they must run. However, this is an extremely dangerous enemy (I like the idea of it phasing through walls, by the way) that is relentless in it's pursuit of you.

I applaud you for stating your objections, everyone has the right and ability to make their thoughts and opinions known. But do you have any suggestions that could make this plausible and more tolerable?

Well a quote, is, word for word, what someone else has said.

FALSE. A quote may consist of an entire sentence, paragraph, what have you, be it just a part of it or parts. Verbatim is what you are referring to and that's totally different that quoting. Even if most quotes ARE verbatim, they're sometimes shortened to emphasize areas of "importance" or words of "importance", etc...

Well, you've certainly made your point. You don't like the idea of Slenderman in Warframe. Understandable. now all I have to ask now, is do you have any ideas for something that could be implemented in it's place? See, from what I'm gathering from the OP is that they'd like something implemented, for Halloween, that's like Slenderman; this terrifying force that's virtually unstoppable and too much for the Tenno to handle, thus they must run. However, this is an extremely dangerous enemy (I like the idea of it phasing through walls, by the way) that is relentless in it's pursuit of you.

I applaud you for stating your objections, everyone has the right and ability to make their thoughts and opinions known. But do you have any suggestions that could make this plausible and more tolerable?

Sure, i love creativity, i wasnt trying to shoot it down at all. I often post my ideas here on "Gameplay Feedback."

How about this. A unique mission on halloween on a planet called noitirappA thats appeared in the solar system. could be a weekend event like the fusion moas. The system could basically be like a Bermuda's Triangle of lost ghost ships that are falling apart and in peices. So the tileset for the missions could be giant pitch black ships that are dead silent with massive holes ripped through multiple floors by asteroids. Even the doors dont work, you have to slide through cracks and gaps in doorways or travel through air vents or hit E to force doors open. When you get to certain areas, a Banshee Stalker screams at you and disables your hud like disruptors do. She also makes things nearby explode or pops windows. You only find infested versions of hostages. Once you complete your objective, A blind stalker comes after you. Indirectly. You constantly hear the whispering sound and flickers like normal stalker does. But only when you're getting close to him. He constantly disappears and reappears relative to where you are. He just stands there. At wierd places when you see him. Even corners. But if you're unlucky and he's in a doorway or something and you can't avoid him, you have to fight him if you get close enough to him. when he "dies" he just disappears and comes back again every 20 seconds to fight you again if you get close. He doesnt drop anything and he's pretty tough. Your radar also displays incorrect information. sometimes makes it seem like something is also always following you.

I know thats a huge clump of ideas but any amount of it could be butchered in peices for a halloween event. I in no way expect any of it to actually make it into the game. but you asked me what i thought would be fitting for halloween. So there you go.

EDIT: after thinking about it. Your radar should work correctly SOME of the time. This way you wont complete write it off 100% of the time after you figure out its busted. Itll make you keep checking the red dots to verify if they're real or not. It adds to suspense and paranoia. Great for solo play. In fact. How would it be if the event was only playable solo only?

Edited by Onite

From I gather everybody wants a slender man type enemy. One person said they wanted slender-man in space. Either way I love the idea, it would be an awesome Halloween event. Now do you own all rights to this game onite because youkeep calling it YOUR GAME. If so can you please give a good idea instead of shooting down ideas. And what's with my little pony??????

I see you edited and fixed it. But in your original quote, you put everything in the quote box, including your own response. So it looked like you were showing that I said a bunch of wierd S#&$. So thanks for fixing that i guess.

The bunny ears were a pretty average and normal event, same with the easter egg boxes. I'll be honest, i didnt really care for it because it didnt add anything to the game. But it also wasnt a meme. It was just...Easter. Alot of other online games do themed events as well. Like having Jack O Lanterns  or christmas trees or fireworks in game. Thats alright with me. But clique based things? No way man. Like as funny as i think it would be for memes i find funny to be in the game, it would just be sick and unfair to everyone else. I'm sure some of you dont want to see all blood replaced with feces and death cries replaced with farting sounds. Its just a personal level where you draw the line of respect and compromise to let warframe be warframe, with its own originality. That being said, i'll copy paste something from one of my own threads because its relevant.

Not sure what I did or if it bugged out but I did edit my own text to fix some grammatical errors on my part.

Spriggs and OrtuOcelot pretty much answered for me on what this thread is about. I like your post on making some infested missions much more eerie though. Sounds good I hope they implement that into the game too.

I have to say though the radar or minimap flickering idea would be interesting and also good if combined with this slenderman-type event.

Like everytime it's near you, your HUD and minimap start to flicker. That'd be cool. It would let you know that he's close by even if you can't see him. Players would turn around and be like "WTH, where is he?" Then turn back around only to find him standing right in front of them. AHHHHHH!!!!!.... sorry that was my text-scream. :D

From I gather everybody wants a slender man type enemy. One person said they wanted slender-man in space. Either way I love the idea, it would be an awesome Halloween event. Now do you own all rights to this game onite because youkeep calling it YOUR GAME. If so can you please give a good idea instead of shooting down ideas. And what's with my little pony??????

I checked my own posts cause after reading this i was like "did i really say 'MY GAME'?" I didnt see myself saying that in a literal sense. Also, i never claimed this game was specifically mine. But it is something shared by everyone, including myself and you. So i'm pretty sure its OK if i post my own opinions just like everyone else. Especially when i'm honest. And i did try to give a good shot at a halloween event. I dont want to shoot other people down, just things that i feel could wreck the game. Even for immersion's sake.

How would you feel if a million bronies stood up against you and demanded a my little pony themed sentinel? I know i wouldnt. You cant just pick  your personal favorites. The best thing to do is just leave the internet out of it. If you like it, then go be with it but dont bring that crap here with you.

There's probably a mod for that.

Slendy is good but he doesn't quite fit the bill for this...

Here's the thing: Space is dark

It is dark and cold and lonely

No-one can hear you scream

We need something more terrifying than Slenderman.

Something worse.

Not infested....

Other.

Since space is dark our opponent should be dark. It should be a shadow when you aren't shining a light on it, in which case it slowly stalks you through the ship, killing you if it catches you. If you look at it, it stops but the shadow deepens. After a short delay (Gets shorter every time you look at him with a light) he solidifies and rushes you, resulting in a pell-nell scatter run through the ship screaming bloody murder.

Lotus should also comment:
"Strange... the power systems are offline...."

"Oh my god... ABORT MISSION! ABORT MISSION! GET OUT OF THERE NOW!!!"

"Tenno, RUN! It's behind you!"

"We need the data on this ship, it could tell us more about whatever has been attacking agents of late."

"Forget the data, get to extraction now!!!"

Sure, i love creativity, i wasnt trying to shoot it down at all. I often post my ideas here on "Gameplay Feedback."

How about this. A unique mission on halloween on a planet called noitirappA thats appeared in the solar system. could be a weekend event like the fusion moas. The system could basically be like a Bermuda's Triangle of lost ghost ships that are falling apart and in peices. So the tileset for the missions could be giant pitch black ships that are dead silent with massive holes ripped through multiple floors by asteroids. Even the doors dont work, you have to slide through cracks and gaps in doorways or travel through air vents or hit E to force doors open. When you get to certain areas, a Banshee Stalker screams at you and disables your hud like disruptors do. She also makes things nearby explode or pops windows. You only find infested versions of hostages. Once you complete your objective, A blind stalker comes after you. Indirectly. You constantly hear the whispering sound and flickers like normal stalker does. But only when you're getting close to him. He constantly disappears and reappears relative to where you are. He just stands there. At wierd places when you see him. Even corners. But if you're unlucky and he's in a doorway or something and you can't avoid him, you have to fight him if you get close enough to him. when he "dies" he just disappears and comes back again every 20 seconds to fight you again if you get close. He doesnt drop anything and he's pretty tough. Your radar also displays incorrect information. sometimes makes it seem like something is also always following you.

I know thats a huge clump of ideas but any amount of it could be butchered in peices for a halloween event. I in no way expect any of it to actually make it into the game. but you asked me what i thought would be fitting for halloween. So there you go.

EDIT: after thinking about it. Your radar should work correctly SOME of the time. This way you wont complete write it off 100% of the time after you figure out its busted. Itll make you keep checking the red dots to verify if they're real or not. It adds to suspense and paranoia. Great for solo play. In fact. How would it be if the event was only playable solo only?

That... sounds freaking fantastic! +1 to this idea, and linking this thread to DERebecca, as some fore-planning into what to do for Halloween could give them a great head-start, especially with ideas like this!

From my experience, nothing quite reaches the level of scary that paranormal-ish games achieve. Actually have a slenderman that is white/gray on a dimly lit ship, that has no animations and just teleports around like it's laggy, and does other stuff that normal things simply don't do, like walking through walls, flashing in front of you briefly before it actually arrives, etc Of course, this may be deviating too much from the gameplay style of this game, and it's probably a lot less scary since you can just click Revive if he kills you.

The infested always bring the Tyranids from Warhammer 40k to my mind... why not add something like the Lictor or the Ravener to to suddenly appear, attack and hide again multiple times until it is killed?

Of course, this would be even better in an outdoor area not covered with ice but plants... big, angry, deadly infected zombie plants that shoot candy.

Or maybe don't. But certainly we do need another kind of outdoor areas and we do need cand... I mean, more infected enemy types.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Lictor

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Deathleaper

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Ravener

I hit ko you boss ? Hell no.

Going to a mission with no chances to survive screw that. Go play your slender more. I'm sick of slender, everywhere here and there there are tons of slender games. This whole idea is old as crap, I do not like it and don't want to be forced to have it in game.

Edited by Unibot

I hit ko you boss ? Hell no.

Going to a mission with no chances to survive screw that. Go play your slender more. I'm sick of slender, everywhere here and there there are tons of slender games. This whole idea is old as crap, I do not like it and don't want to be forced to have it in game.

You should learn to read the whole post and not just base your response based on a title and some random summary you made yourself. No one said anything about slender in the game, how does "slender-type enemy" translate to "slender man in space"? Who said there was no chance for survival? You're probably the type of player who runs away from the Stalker when he goes after you, I bet, and gets killed by him and that's why you're opposing an idea for an enemy that surpasses the Stalker. Even if it is for a few weeks...maybe one week or a few days! Please be constructive with your opinions next time, thank you.

The infested always bring the Tyranids from Warhammer 40k to my mind...

omg f no.

We need NECRONS.

Soulless, planet devouring, live-metal beings more ancient than civilization in the Origin system, scouring the galaxy in a quest for complete dominance and utter control over all beings, living and nonliving, mortal and immortal alike.

lesigh. such a sad, beautiful story.

EDIT: Also the slenderman thing is sooooooooooo 2012. Funny i've been hearing about slenderman for ages and ages then finally the internet catches on because of a really lame game. But a halloween invasion or something of the sort would be awesome.

Edited by fnLandShark