Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Iphone 2.0 - A Volt Rework Suggestion

Aquasurge

As a volt main, I am very excited for the volt rework with many like myself positing similar topics like this thread. However, while a lot of the warframe community at first had very op ideas, but eventually came about to realizing; "hey, volt only really needs a few tweaks at best".

and i agree with the fact that volt isn't truly living up to the sithlord mantle due to ultimate, which is plain boring and using it means suicide against high level enemies. But don't get me wrong; Volt is one of the most balanced frames (on par with excalibur) with an answer to nearly every situation possible however, i feel he is a little too squishy than he should to be. That's why every ability suggestion will have at least one necessary change and an optional change so that volt can truly live up to his potential.

Note: Some of these ideas have already been suggested by others.

Stats:

Health: 100

Shields:150

Armour:30

Energy pool: 170 (only increased due to his passive and maybe if the new ultimate suggestion below was implemented - We learnt from the saryn rework that more synergy needs solutions to being an "energy monster")

Sprint speed: 1.1

Passive:

Electric Transformer

Damage to volt's shields will slightly recharge his energy pool while energy will be converted to his health only to prevent lethal damage (think weaker versions of rage and quick thinking). This passive effect is amplified when volt suffers an electric proc. This passive reflects and reinforces his playstyle due to his stats, forcing volt to switch between offense and defense on a dime.

Shock:

A great 1, cc while reloading is great.

Necessary-

Duration mods will affect stun time

Damage buff

Leaves enemies open to finishers

optional-

Holding the ability button will result in a energy draining attack that resembles palpatine's sith lightning, reducing movement speed for the duration of the channel (effect on volt's movement speed works like when hobbled key is equipped but speed can still increase his speed)

Shock can chain to allies and by doing so, will chain to more enemies than usual and replenish a small portion of energy to them.

Speed:

One of volt's best and most desired abilities in game, speed is and excellent choice for any mission. Unless you compare it to firewalker.....

necessary-

Give speed the landslide treatment that affects duration and boosts volt's own personal speed every recast of the ability (not allies), capped up to three recasts. (this would solve the complaint of volt being left behind by other frames, especially the master race a.k.a. loki)

Increase warframe ability casting speed and knockback recovery while active. (speed drifting and handspring on speed!})

status effects that porc on warframes affected by speed  are halved i.e. cold, tar, toxin.

Parkour 2.0 synergy-

Adds extra distance to bullet jump and aim glide while speed is active.

optional-

Make the shocking speed augment a part of this ability

Make speed temporarily affect reload speed and holster size and fire rate.

Firewall (renamed electric shield):

Can trump frost's snow globe due to its invincibility but is only useful against ranged enemies with non-explosive weaponry.

Any changes to this ability should not compromise its defensive capability.

necessary-

All warframes behind the firewall are unaffected by knockdown effects and take reduced damage from explosions.

When shock is casted through firewall or when a firewall is casted near an enemy affected by shock, firewall will continuously emit a radial electric pulse that procs electric damage for 30 seconds, chaining to nearby enemies and firewalls within a 5m radius.

elemental mods on your primary and secondary when shot through the shield change the shield's damage properties and alters shock and ult if used synergistically (like zephyr's tornado)

​running through shield while speed is active will negate shield recharge delay

optional-

make firewall movable upon holding the ability button (possible augment)

Overload:

There is too much variability and complexity of this ability (for any new tenno who choose volt) to understand. This is the only ability here in volt's kit that has the potential to be replaced, so don't blame me if my ideas get a little crazy.

Conservative (tweaking overload but not replacing it)-

Reduce cast time.

Damage buff.

Increased stun duration.

Remove environmental interaction with the lights (a must in games with randomly generated maps) and replace it with something else (please post your suggestions below).

(this should've been done when DE fixed the infinite range bug for this ability)

Enemies within melee-range of volt are ragdolled.

​Spacing between pulses - make it like survival capsule pulses 

Radical (Replace Overload)-

New Ability - Zeus's Wrath (Interactive synergistic Death-star Ultimate ability)

Ride a lighting storm cloud that randomly strikes lighting at nearby enemies within its area, with all enemies struck by lighting suffering a 100% electric proc chance, damaging them and chaining an electric proc to surrounding enemies within 10m with slightly reduced damage - (for chain damage, max 3-5 chains per original enemy).

Enemies become if within the storm cloud radius become batteries when struck by lightning that are overloaded with energy, causing damage to them or enter a stunned state that provides energy to allies that are under the storm cloud. (This may be a little to similar to M-prime's explosions) (suggested by terranaut).

and like cloud walker, you can fly, but only for x amount of seconds

Enemy grappling hooks will drag volt and the storm cloud to the enemy but will be unable to cast The Thunderbolt.

Blast damage will have the same effect as grappling hooks - being unable to use The Thunderbolt (see below)

Please note that your are not invincible while this ability is active as enemies can still shoot at you and enemies with grappling hooks will disadvantage you for a short time. 

Note: This is a toggle ability.

Ultimate \weapon ability: The Thunderbolt (cue death-star theme song)

Holding down primary fire button at an enemy while Zeus's wrath is active will charge up a larger lighting bolt (like the opticor- think tesla style death ray with a charge trigger), with a electric explosion when an enemy within 30m of the storm cloud's circumference is hit, dealing increased electric damage to the aimed target and chaining up to 2-4 enemies that were caught in the explosion radius. 

Effects of Zeus's Wrath on other abilities 

Using shock while the reticle is within the ability's radius will temporarily increase the frequency of lightning strikes and increases the amount of chains from 3-5 to 4-6. Casting shock beyond 30m will just be the normal shock but with a reduced energy cost.

While riding the storm cloud, you will take reduced damage which is capped at 60-65%.

Casting firewall will make moveable field of electromagnetism surrounding the storm and while this is active, it increases damage reduction cap to 65-70%.

You can move, but at a movement-speed of 1.0 which can be increased to 1.15 if speed is casted while Zeus's Wrath is active, making the storm cloud move faster but will not apply the landslide effect mentioned above. 

Power strength mods will increase the damage and frequency of the lightning strikes and the thunderbolt as well as the amount of energy received from overloaded enemies.

Range mods will affect the diameter of Zeus's wrath and blast radius of the thunderbolt.

Duration mods will affect the stun and duration time of the ability.

​Augment: Thunderclap

Enemies who were 7m outside the thunderbolt explosion radius will be knocked down by a thundering sonic boom from the explosion.

I hope that my suggestions may inspire other reworks and ideas or even be taken into consideration by DE (Scott, Steve, Geoff, please notice me!). Although my ideas may sound a little op, please remember that these are only ideas that aren't perfect and are constantly updated to be improved while adding new ideas into the mix.

Please give constructive criticism as this is my first rework thread so i'm not an expert at this.

Remember to be positively "charged" (absolute negativity must die!) when commenting on another tenno's ideas in the forums.

p.s. To all my fellow volt mains, long live the Sithlord empire! (volt is recently the 3rd most used frame on pc and second most on consoles).

p.s.s. Loki, you've got competition for the master race - volt will be faster!

p.s.s.s. I hoped you like my storm/death star idea

Edited by Aquasurge

I like the ideas but the ultimate reminds me of a down graded offensive version of wukongs ability to ride a cloud while not taking damage. I just think it would be better to have something completely different rather than something that already exist in the game. For his stats i think he is one of the frames who they didnt wanna rework the stats so they just tried to fix it with the prime version though in my opinion he is still kinda squishy.

I like the ideas but the ultimate reminds me of a down graded offensive version of wukongs ability to ride a cloud while not taking damage. I just think it would be better to have something completely different rather than something that already exist in the game. For his stats i think he is one of the frames who they didnt wanna rework the stats so they just tried to fix it with the prime version though in my opinion he is still kinda squishy.

he can still take damage if you read the description of the ability

I really do appreciate and hope for your suggestions for 1-3, and the passive.  For 4, I don't know.  I always love seeing Lightning Jesus but perhaps to add/change functionality, one or some combination of these could be baked into the ability to make it useful:

-if it fed off of enemy and ally shields in some way (ie receiving a damage multiplier for x points of shields in its area)

-providing energy to allies

-or making enemies or robotics become batteries that then explode when they die either causing damage or a stun/sleep state (overloaded, they go zonk).  This may be a little to similar to M Prime's explosions)

-gave allies a major shield recharge buff

-volt's gains electricity on melee damage and is powered up with electricity appropriate to the amount of enemies caught in the wave, say, 10% nonscaling with mods for every enemy affected.)

brainstormed ideas

I really do appreciate and hope for your suggestions for 1-3, and the passive.  For 4, I don't know.  I always love seeing Lightning Jesus but perhaps to add/change functionality, one or some combination of these could be baked into the ability to make it useful:

-if it fed off of enemy and ally shields in some way (ie receiving a damage multiplier for x points of shields in its area)

-providing energy to allies

-or making enemies or robotics become batteries that then explode when they die either causing damage or a stun/sleep state (overloaded, they go zonk).  This may be a little to similar to M Prime's explosions)

-gave allies a major shield recharge buff

-volt's gains electricity on melee damage and is powered up with electricity appropriate to the amount of enemies caught in the wave, say, 10% nonscaling with mods for every enemy affected.)

brainstormed ideas

some of these ideas could be augments for that ability however you third suggestion will be implemented and edited into that ability (discription edited)