Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow People To Keep The Mods They Pick Up

XDeathCoreX

Time to rewrite this first post to clarify things. (This post was rewritten after the last post on the third page)

Ever:

Fell through the floor?

Came across a locked door unable to open?

Fallen through the floor?

Came across a glitched elevator?

Fallen into a black hole(Corpus)?

Had host fail on you and boot you from game?

Experienced:

Disconnection?

Crappy host that made you quit?

Game client crashing?

All after getting a rare mod?

Sucks, doesn't it?

Losing that precious mod because some change that supposedly had to happen for whatever reason months ago.

Wouldn't you like to keep that rare mod you find even if you encounter any mishaps that prevent you from getting to extraction? Well, I propose that the developers allow you to keep all the mos that you find or atleast the rare mods you find. Let's face it, rare mods are hard to come by, harder than boss drops people would quit after getting. The blue moo is more comon than these. And no one quits after getting mods no did they ever. So why should mod collectors suffer as well.

I vote to allow mods or atleast rare mods be kept no matter what happens and any other drops be lost instead.

I also vote that they glow through the walls and show up on map as blue dot and never go away untill you get it basically leading you to it. This can be a sentinel mod or part of theif wit or just part of normal gameplay.

What do you say?

Yay or nay to keeping rare mods even if you did not finish mission for any reason stated above?

And remember, this is about mods only, NOT boss drops.

(Keep in mind this was modified after the last post on the third page.)

Edited by XDeathCoreX

People exploited the mechanic where you could keep your mods after you abort/dc. DE made a preventative measure. You can't have nice things because of people ruining it for everyone. Welcome to the internet.

It used to be like that but that caused people to enter a mission, kill boss, get blueprint, leave

This would be better - if game crashes/ idle members/ host disconnects:

Keeps Mods,

Maybe keep resources (not ideal),

Not keep Blueprints.

It just sucks not having a proper contingency for these possible scenarios. I hope the DE looks into this.

Edited by Pull

It used to be like that but that caused people to enter a mission, kill boss, get blueprint, leave

Was that really an issue? This is how online games are. Who cares if they quit. It's just a same level over and over. And extraction is far away. And the enemies they farm are often too weak to put up a fight. It's just some boring grind in the most repetitive games. 

What have they accomplished by doing this. Same levels over and over. What's the point? There is no challenge. They need to think about the people that lose mods over legit reasons then those that exploit. It's always about punishing legit people for what others do.

it's jst foolish and no reason for them to care about something that all online games allow, even if there were few that don't, this is just a typically thing in online games that people do and the devs don't mind at all.

In the end, it's just the devs punishing players for not wanting to finishing those boring repetitive missions they make no effort to make interesting.

Just one boring grind that needs to end sooner than later and they seem to want players to suffer and dive head first into their little cash shop.

pathetic.

I was playing void maps yesterday with a host who had a bad internet connection. Kept dropping me out and if I was lucky enough and the objective wasn't completed yet I would be able to go back in.

However everytime I was disconnected I looked at my mods screen and realized the game let me keep the mods I had picked up. I know they recently changed it but maybe they have a different system in place of failing/aborting missions vs. an accidental disconnect. I know for sure my mods stayed even after i had been kicked.

Keeps Mods,

Not keep Blueprints.

It just sucks not having a proper contingency for these possible scenarios. I hope the DE looks into this.

Warframe being "stingy" compared to other games? What kind of casual games did you play previously? Failure to complete objective should not be rewarded, otherwise there won't be point to even try in these games. It already is easy, unless you are playing Rescue where you have to speed run to exit or else the prisoner will get stuck somewhere and killed. 

People exploited the mechanic where you could keep your mods after you abort/dc. DE made a preventative measure. You can't have nice things because of people ruining it for everyone. Welcome to the internet.

You are a $&*^, you know that? You are directly blaming people for exploiting that caused DE to take preventive measures... just what? 

There shouldn't be exploitable routes in first place and those people only helped the game, not "ruined it". 

Oh oh, it's easy for you to be negative on people that "exploit" while you are freaking "GRAND MASTER" that has enough Platinium to bypass some grinds and directly access weapons, Warframes without going through crafting - resource grinding process, WHICH ALSO consumes tons of Credits, where you could just save them and avoid the need to actually spend them on anything but mod fusing. 

It takes a $&*^ to take down a $&*^. 

Warframe being "stingy" compared to other games? What kind of casual games did you play previously? Failure to complete objective should not be rewarded, otherwise there won't be point to even try in these games. It already is easy, unless you are playing Rescue where you have to speed run to exit or else the prisoner will get stuck somewhere and killed. 

it's not about failing, it's about the legitimate issues I mentioned or quitting due to unplayable latency or falling through the floor and getting stuck especially if you picked up multishot or thunderbolt or any desired rare mod shortly before these things happen.

Legit reasons, not about death/failure.

And besides, this is a situation where you farm for stuff, what you find, you keep, these are not rewards. DON'T confuse rewards with stuff you find. Rewards are the credits you get and that lovely blueprint. NOT stuff you FIND.

Even if you quit, you're still alive. It's not like the Lotus confiscates your treasure for failing.

Edited by XDeathCoreX

it's not about failing, it's about the legitimate issues I mentioned or quitting due to unplayable latency or falling through the floor and getting stuck especially if you picked up multishot or thunderbolt or any desired rare mod shortly before these things happen.

Legit reasons, not about death/failure.

Agreed DeathCore. It's really painful to lose super rare items as a result of falling through the floor, etc. I'd say if it happened 1 out of a hundred times then yes. But I literally fall through the floor of a doorway, or elevator about once a week or two. Luckily I have most of what I want, just not multiple copies, but yeah. I think we're past way past those days of exploiting a boss/2 minute mission run for 2500cr. Credits are at a comfortable level now.

Was that really an issue? This is how online games are. Who cares if they quit. It's just a same level over and over. And extraction is far away. And the enemies they farm are often too weak to put up a fight. It's just some boring grind in the most repetitive games.

It was a MAJOR issue.

You finally got the systems blueprint you were looking for.

Host quits.

Host migration fails.

You get nothing.

Or the host would leave even though at least one person had yet to pick up the blueprint.

Yes, but if it's only the mods... 

I hadn't thought about it since then, but i actually agree that mods should be the only thing held upon aborted/failed/disconnected mission.

It would really be cool!

They should however not allow components to be saved upon abortion again, nor blueprints. You can exploit components being saved on abortion by running into a defense mission, hacking up all the containers and waiting till the pod dies (i farmed so much rubedo like that only a day before it was patched :P how lucky that they didn't patch it until next day)

But then... they could allow everything to be saved. But on assassination missions nothing is saved until extractoin, and on defense missions nothing is saved until after the 5th wave or every 5th wave. that'd be a nice model.

Edited by Rabcor

It was a MAJOR issue.

You finally got the systems blueprint you were looking for.

Host quits.

Host migration fails.

You get nothing.

Or the host would leave even though at least one person had yet to pick up the blueprint.

That host still happens, except now you lose EVERYTHING. Seems like they just made it worse.

Yes, but if it's only the mods... 

I hadn't thought about it since then, but i actually agree that mods should be the only thing held upon aborted/failed/disconnected mission.

It would really be cool!

They should however not allow components to be saved upon abortion again, nor blueprints. You can exploit components being saved on abortion by running into a defense mission, hacking up all the containers and waiting till the pod dies (i farmed so much rubedo like that only a day before it was patched :P how lucky that they didn't patch it until next day)

But then... they could allow everything to be saved. But on assassination missions nothing is saved until extractoin, and on defense missions nothing is saved until after the 5th wave or every 5th wave. that'd be a nice model.

Keeps Mods,

Not keep Blueprints.

This would be a close to perfect system, in my opinion. 

I hate being in a defense mission during wave 30+ and having to worry about dc'ing because I may not get anything I worked for. I've honestly quit early on during defense waves because I didn't want to lose any of the mods/resources I've found. 

Please look into this, DE.