Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Reactor/catalyst Chip Idea

Skeloton

I just came up with an idea for the acquisition of the elusive "potatoes". I personally don't like how I have to sit and wait for an alert to pop with one or hope for a login bonus. I don't mind these but I'd like to also actively WORK for it. A disclaimer I don't want them easy to get (as much as I want :P) the logical part of me wants them to take a while to get. I digress heres my idea:

My idea is that bosses and mobs rarely drop "potato" bp fragments called Chips and you have to collect a certain number like 10 or something (preferably in some proportion to its rarity). To put the Chips together you gotta buy a bp from the market. Similar to the Warframes.

I know its yet more RNG but at least we'd have some control unlike with Alerts and login rewards. It may also mess up the loot tables like the new resources.

Like the orb system in PoE, collect 10 shards becomes an orb (10 pieces becomes a reactor)?

Would be alright but would have to be like 50 A's become 1 B, 10 B's become a reactor/catalyst

Hmm, the drop rates would have to be pretty rare or the amount required quite high because I can solo run golem in like 2mins, which is quite a quick boss to farm

Well as I said I don't want them to be often dropped but I don't want them to be mythical or a gargantuan amount required. Also I think Golem is the next in line to get a buffing.

Like the orb system in PoE, collect 10 shards becomes an orb (10 pieces becomes a reactor)?

Would be alright but would have to be like 50 A's become 1 B, 10 B's become a reactor/catalyst

Well I imagined it be like 10 (a number I pull out of my arse quite a bit :P) or so to make a reactor blueprint which obviously makes a reactor

I'd much rather just buy the blueprints from the store. The orokin reactors/catalysts already require like 4 rare resources as it is. I don't want more farming.

Would make them far too common and easy to get.

Edit: @Crimson_King256, You'd rather to sit and wait, passively acquiring them?

Edited by Skeloton

I really don't like this, it's taking the RNG to yet another level.... and even worse, it will further hinder the boss drops, already hurted by the new clan items (feldron, mutagen, etc).

I like the proposals for the change in the alert system much more.... like token systems, or something that makes alerts actually meaningful, and not just "oh yeah, just started, i was there at the time.. got invited, and got something out of it while lots of hard working players just weren't there at the right time"

Edited by Eisvogel

I really don't like this, it's taking the RNG to yet another level.... and even worse, it will further hinder the boss drops, already hurted by the new clan items (feldron, mutagen, etc).

I like the proposals for the change in the alert system much more.... like token systems, or something that makes alerts actually meaningful, and not just "oh yeah, just started, i was there at the time.. got invited, and got something out of it while lots of hard working players just weren't there at the right time"

It wouldn't affect drop rates like the new resources if were an addition to boss drops like they can and some times drop all 3 (mods BPs and resources). Potato chips would simply be an extra drop they can drop. Hell it be completion rewards too.