Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Mod Loadouts Work

Callback

There is a simple solution to save time and effort when players want to change loadouts.  Currently, it is a HUGE pain to need to remove all of your mods, change weapon, and apply what you want to the new one.  You also risk losing mods if you forget about them when selling a weapon or using it in crafting.  Not cool.

The simple solution?  Instead of associating a mod with a single weapon, associate the weapon's mod slot with a mod you own.  Every weapon you own can pick and choose a loadout from your full pool of mods.  This is the ideal way to do it, and the most convenient for the players.

Caveats for the devs: Be careful to add in all necessary checks.  Mods will need to keep track of which weapons are using them.  If a mod is upgraded beyond the energy of a weapon it's on, pop up a warning, and allow them to instantly unequip it from all of them if they proceed with the upgrade.  Selling or fusing (into a different mod) a mod that is on equipment should similarly warn the user, then remove it before completing the action.  Selling or crafting weapons will have no risks with this system.  The only other thing is to make sure a mod is associated with EITHER player or sentinel weapons.  A single mod can associate with multiple weapons, or can associate with both wyrm and dethcube's gun, but not both at the same time.  Again, give a button in the mod screen to allow the player to unequip a mod from all weapons that are using it, so they don't have to rifle through...their rifles, looking for which ones have it on them.

The current system just feels like lazy coding.  Sure it's simpler to implement, but it's way too much work on the players' end.  Please make this fix.  Thank you.

Also:  Condense identical mods (same rank) into 1 stack, and put a count on it?  Just a little "x9" in the bottom right to reduce clutter from fusion fodder.  And PLEASE reconsider underclocking.  I should not need to farm an entire set of 1 of each rank just for versatility, especially if I'm forma-ing over and over and NEED lower ranks while I re-level up the item.  Doubly so for Sentinel weapons.  I already need 2 sets to have an extra for the little guy.  Underclocking solves so many problems.

Edited by Callback

• 2 weeks later...

This is awesome! I was just thinking this about 20 minutes ago, and was going to post a topic with this exact method in mind!  lol

I agree 100% on this.  I mean the UI is always going to have its' flaws but the game definitely needs *A METHOD* that makes it easier to switch your mods from one loadout to the next.

Also:  Condense identical mods (same rank) into 1 stack, and put a count on it?  Just a little "x9" in the bottom right to reduce clutter from fusion fodder.  And PLEASE reconsider underclocking.  I should not need to farm an entire set of 1 of each rank just for versatility, especially if I'm forma-ing over and over and NEED lower ranks while I re-level up the item.  Doubly so for Sentinel weapons.  I already need 2 sets to have an extra for the little guy.  Underclocking solves so many problems.

Yes! They seem to have stopped talking about underclocking... I was excited about that too.