Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Paint Job

Alan

Oh boy....those over-saturated blues though.

Anyways, since he is pretty much straight forward in regards to what is actually being coloured in (similar to the original frames), he tends to seem best with less saturated colours, and more towards the softer-like warmer or cooler colours (whichever your preference). I also found that that sticking with almost-black/grey or almost-white/grey for his base works best, as you'll be able to let his accent colours shine (i.e. the smaller bits and nuances).

With that being said, here's my go-to set. Keep in mind, I have quite an Ice Pallet (blue) bias towards it, so you'll see alot of my Warframes with some shade on the bluer side:

4xnlLZr.png

I was trying to go for a more "whiter" kind of Limbo, and there was little I could work with when trying to stick to one pallet, as I found it quite difficult to make him much look decent with a white base. So what I have now is alright. I need to tune some of the colours a bit. All from the Ice Pallet but the baby-blue white (Primary section), as that one is from the Eximus Pallet (it's the center row furthest one to the right. You'll know since it's the only row with all whites).

This one is my second; not really a fan of it anymore, but due to your picture's....interesting colours, this might be up your ally:

i6cVLMe.png

This one you need to specifically fullscreen the picture, as most of the subtle dark greens can really only be seen on fullscreen, and more so actually in game. The colours I used are a bit all over the place:

Primary: Smoke Pallet

Secondary: Classic Saturated

Tint 3 & 4: Shamrock. I don't believe it's possible to get anymore, and if so, the recent Halloween has the same spectrum of greens, or similarly, the Grineer Pallet.

Energy: Infested Pallet.

My thinking at the time was that I was experimenting around, as I wanted his bits and ends to really stick out. I'm really not a fan of it anymore, as it's a tad too saturated for my taste, but hence, I'm sure you'll find something interesting to try out.

My third colour loadout; this is still a complete work in progress, as I want to aim for a more "crimson" esque feel, but nothing really looks great to me on him...at all lol. I've been tweaking around for a few months now when I feel like seeing what I can do with him, but after an hour in I start getting frustrated so I'll work with what I have in the mean time, and try again another day lol:

m2bxVI8.png

Everything is from the Storm Pallet but the more stuck out dark-red colour in Colour Tint 3. That red is from the Fire Pallet. I only wanted it at the time, because under his tailcoat is very similar to how your Energy colours typically are, as it only really shows up if you use more saturated and/or brighter colours. Honestly you can replace that with any of the reds in the Storm Pallet as well, since some of them will suffice.

Well that's all I have for now! Unfortunately Limbo's colours are the worst I've ever done next to Hydroid's (Though the first picture I showed, I actually do like it, just not B or C  xD), so please due keep that in mind. But in all, I'm sure you'll find something that you might get some ideas or be inspired from (or steal lol. your choice ;P).

Cheers!~

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

You just have to believe, It's a trash CAN not a trash CAN'T.

(But seriously, Limbo is quite good but some may not like the playstyle. And that's okay.)

There are two things I dislike about limbo, (apart from the questionable thing stuck to the back of his default helmet, but that's an inappropriate story for another time), one: the horrid visual rift FX, and two: the negative effects forced on team mates of his abilities.

Limbo is in dire need of a rework, an excalibur EB level rework.

There are two things I dislike about limbo, (apart from the questionable thing stuck to the back of his default helmet, but that's an inappropriate story for another time), one: the horrid visual rift FX, and two: the negative effects forced on team mates of his abilities.

Limbo is in dire need of a rework, an excalibur EB level rework.

I honestly think he is fine, but that may be because I mostly solo. The visual thing I can understand and the negative effects can be dispelled by simply rolling. (Aside from cataclysm of course)

He's a very specialized frame, terrible at some things but one of the best at others. In pubs I use him as an assassin; riftwalk->banish priority target

->kill it->repeat.

Also, 60 second riftwalk is pretty good for casually doing missions.

I honestly think he is fine, but that may be because I mostly solo. The visual thing I can understand and the negative effects can be dispelled by simply rolling. (Aside from cataclysm of course)

He's a very specialized frame, terrible at some things but one of the best at others. In pubs I use him as an assassin; riftwalk->banish priority target

->kill it->repeat.

I also found focusing builds around Cataclysm end up working very well in Excavation, Survival, and Interception missions. Only thing worth nothing though, is how large your Cataclysm is will definitely vary from missions to mission. Though intuition would say to go negative range for anything you need to protect it from outside fire, but all my builds have only stretch on for it's size, out of just pure preference. Either way, both in my experience have worked wonderfully in missions, especially the ones I mentioned previously~

A funny sidenote: Infested Survivals are a blast to do and my favourite to run as Limbo with something like the Jat Kittag via I have my own little battle arena ;P

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

->kill it->repeat.

Cataclysm is mainly what I was referring to, Being locked into killing enemies in the same "plane" and not being able to pickup things in the "rift" is the most annoying thing an ally can do. Limbo is fine for solo play and with a group of only Limbos, but it's the only frame that has a direct negative effect on teammates regardless of how it is used. Sure there are other abilities that can be used for trolling, but Limbo is the only frame that does it whether it is intended by the user or not, hence why I believe Limbo requires a rework.

Right now when a Limbo joins the squad I leave the squad. Because I don't want to have to play Limbos warframe, it takes away from the experience of warframe, and that is bad design 101.

Edited by (PS4)Pharen

I use a "prime" setup.

zQjH3S7.jpg

I use this color for the gold bits.

zaYqcAd.png

It looks nice! I actually had tried it before with one of the Easter yellows for the gold bits, your yellow looks better imo, thank you :)

Oh boy....those over-saturated blues though.

Anyways, since he is pretty much straight forward in regards to what is actually being coloured in (similar to the original frames), he tends to seem best with less saturated colours, and more towards the softer-like warmer or cooler colours (whichever your preference). I also found that that sticking with almost-black/grey or almost-white/grey for his base works best, as you'll be able to let his accent colours shine (i.e. the smaller bits and nuances).

With that being said, here's my go-to set. Keep in mind, I have quite an Ice Pallet (blue) bias towards it, so you'll see alot of my Warframes with some shade on the bluer side:

4xnlLZr.png

I was trying to go for a more "whiter" kind of Limbo, and there was little I could work with when trying to stick to one pallet, as I found it quite difficult to make him much look decent with a white base. So what I have now is alright. I need to tune some of the colours a bit. All from the Ice Pallet but the baby-blue white (Primary section), as that one is from the Eximus Pallet (it's the center row furthest one to the right. You'll know since it's the only row with all whites).

This one is my second; not really a fan of it anymore, but due to your picture's....interesting colours, this might be up your ally:

i6cVLMe.png

This one you need to specifically fullscreen the picture, as most of the subtle dark greens can really only be seen on fullscreen, and more so actually in game. The colours I used are a bit all over the place:

Primary: Smoke Pallet

Secondary: Classic Saturated

Tint 3 & 4: Shamrock. I don't believe it's possible to get anymore, and if so, the recent Halloween has the same spectrum of greens, or similarly, the Grineer Pallet.

Energy: Infested Pallet.

My thinking at the time was that I was experimenting around, as I wanted his bits and ends to really stick out. I'm really not a fan of it anymore, as it's a tad too saturated for my taste, but hence, I'm sure you'll find something interesting to try out.

My third colour loadout; this is still a complete work in progress, as I want to aim for a more "crimson" esque feel, but nothing really looks great to me on him...at all lol. I've been tweaking around for a few months now when I feel like seeing what I can do with him, but after an hour in I start getting frustrated so I'll work with what I have in the mean time, and try again another day lol:

m2bxVI8.png

Everything is from the Storm Pallet but the more stuck out dark-red colour in Colour Tint 3. That red is from the Fire Pallet. I only wanted it at the time, because under his tailcoat is very similar to how your Energy colours typically are, as it only really shows up if you use more saturated and/or brighter colours. Honestly you can replace that with any of the reds in the Storm Pallet as well, since some of them will suffice.

Well that's all I have for now! Unfortunately Limbo's colours are the worst I've ever done next to Hydroid's (Though the first picture I showed, I actually do like it, just not B or C  xD), so please due keep that in mind. But in all, I'm sure you'll find something that you might get some ideas or be inspired from (or steal lol. your choice ;P).

Cheers!~

Oh boy I loved it! Definitely giving them a try. Thank you for sharing your tips, they are nice and helpful :)