The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Downloading Issues

Gecko_

Question

I tried to download Warframe recently onto my USB Flashdrive with 16 gigs of storage, assuming I had enough space since it only takes up 10 gigs. The installation was about 90% done when I got the error,

"Could not update file: A:WarframeDownloadedPublicCache.WindowsF.TextureDx9.cache.tmp. There is not enough space on the disk. [0x00000070"

I checked my storage and I 6.91 gigs free out of 14.9. So unless this one file is more than 7 gigs (maybe it is and I'm just being stupid), I'm confused. Any help?

5 answers to this question

Your USB is likely formatted with fat32 file system, which has a single file limit around 4 GB. I suggest changing the file system format to fat64 if that pendrive supports it or to NTFS, this should solve your issue.

EDIT: keep in mind that changing the formatting of your pendrive will wipe all data from it, you will hav to download warframe files again and if you have anything other on it then you should make a backup copy.

Edited by Krak_Nihilus

I checked the file location of my launcher, and it seems that it leads to Launcher.exe in my main drive (even though I set it to download into the "Warframe" folder in my USB), which doesnt have any space in it, yet it still downloaded some files into my USB Flashdrive, except for the launcher. Pretty confused.

Edited by Gecko_

Just a suggestion; never, and I mean never ever, putting directly what you're downloading/installing straight into any kind of removable storage. Especially when you're dealing with multiple files and size up to GBs.

IDK what's the reason, but for me it's completely unreasonable to do it. Also, when you're dealing with files that comes more than 4GB, use NTFS/exFAT file system since FAT32 cannot hold any single files sized more than 4GB, just like what Krak said.

Your USB is likely formatted with fat32 file system, which has a single file limit around 4 GB. I suggest changing the file system format to fat64 if that pendrive supports it or to NTFS, this should solve your issue.

EDIT: keep in mind that changing the formatting of your pendrive will wipe all data from it, you will hav to download warframe files again and if you have anything other on it then you should make a backup copy.

Thanks! I'll go try that. Also I don't need to worry about backingup any files, got the flashdrive specifically for Warframe and dont have anything else on it.