The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How about wall run everyone?

Dark_Sector

Agreed for the Rhino ^^.

Well, actually I guess it would depend if that would have to be part of a fighting style or a required ability for some specific situations only.

For example there could be some zero gravity levels or sections where you could use it, just to give more variety to the missions.

IMO taking a look at the map sizes and heights, i don't see any possible/useful "ninja wall walking/jumping/moonwalking " mechanics, sure there are exceptions, but be serious, at the current state of the game you're stuck in a corridor most of the time, where u can take cover ( cuz it's a cover-based game to the core ) behind objects, instead of going full rambo jumping off walls, slicing your opponents, pulling knives gently up their rears and stuff. Also having such mechanics for some classes will force the developers to come up with something that compares to those "walljumps" we mentioned above for the rest of the classes, which will affect the PVP. The Rhino still pretends to be a ninja ...

PS : people happen to talk about PVP ...

Edited by Dark20XX

GunZ has some amazing gameplay. Wall run and wall jumping in Warframe would definitely complement the action theme, imo, as long as you don't have animation locked when wall running and you can cancel it smoothly. It will make you feel like a true ninja. Blocking and parrying also are a must XD. I feel like sometimes you see the enemies charging a move and you can only run away in the other direction. Not sure if tumbling helps you avoid knockdown from a Red Moa charge attack, but if I could jump towards the wall and hang there with my sword all the while shooting my pistol at the enemies - that would be so sweet. And then I could even release and do melee air attack to knock the enemies down. Hehe.

i agree with this one. during the release of GunZ, it was a big hit because of that WallRun thingy. especially the parry and hanging to the walls.

and yes wall run in SpaceNinja's are a must have!

It sounds pretty cool, though I'm thinking about where it would be practical to use. How about more complex areas where you need to wall run across gaps? Some pretty interesting platforming could come from it, especially when tied in with the ledge grab.

Yeah,i know that,but i think they need to replace the jump option with jump + this wall run when character near the wall or another object,why that? cause this game still not very action when it tilte is something like "space ninja"

Jump + Sprint near a wall would work.

Edited by Mezecs

ok ok ok wallruning is cool because of ninjas, but tell me one thing, whats the use? most rooms are too small to get a good use for it, there are only a couple of places that are hard to reach and lead to a dead end anyway, blocking and parrying not so keen on since you could go up to an enemy with the current AI block the first punch then do an instakill heavy swing,it would not be a bad idea for a different game, or if it is pvp only feature to make sword fights more interesting and require more skill, but currently I cant see either wall running and blocking/parrying being useful as for the current state of the game.