Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Curious Case Of Rare Cans Vs Music Vs Ambiance Sounds

IronWolfSaber

Well thanks to the desire to get a mantis for myself as lead me on a map wide treasure hunting expedition. Using scanners; loot radars and more expected in game methods. 

That said I am sad to have the best chances in finding the treasure boxes I have to rely on my ears to possibly hear the box and especially the ones I cant see physically due to inconsistent loot access in the void.

Which has lead to me muting the great music Warframe has. I have been without war-frame's music since the release of the mantis and its making me sad. Unfortunately in various parts of many maps there is that audio 'shrill' from the ambiance that sounds so similar to the cans themselves. This is now leading to the desire to have a slider for ambiance as well separate from sound effects as my highest frustration with the cans are in the towers to which chimes the tune of the can constantly combined with other non audio related issues (cans not appearing when loot radar declares them in a very specific location often requiring me to dive bomb the map geometry and more but that's another thread all together)

Overall two things I would like to see done.

1. Change the audio cue of the rare cans to something distinctively theirs and theirs alone. A musical tone even that breaks the theme slightly of anything currently in game like shave and a hair cut two bits jingle comes to mind nothing else in game remotely comes close to that noise string.  While I know there is a likely a high demand to retain the sound of warframe within the brand I can see this being highly possible. 

2. Audio que should be a separated spectrum wise that in light combat and music playing at similar volumes it could be heard faintly instead of getting downed out. 

3. Spin off ambiance volume control from SFX into its own individual slider for not just treasure hunters sake but music and audiophiles too that want to hear the other factors of the game undiluted.