The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

<Help> Understanding Selling Of Kubrows :)

theLavs

[EDITED] fixed broken pics!

Hello all, just got into the breeding 'mini-game' and I have a few questions to you master sellers and buyers out there to help me better understand how all this works:

1. As i understand it, every Kubrow can only imprint Twice (ever!) and that when selling, it is understood that the user is buying both imprints?

1.a. Can both imprints be used at the same time so as to ensure a, more or less, duplicate of the original?

1.b. How do imprints work in general? so far I've just been randomly creating my little guys

2. I read a few (conflicting) guides on breeding, but they both agreed that color of the kubrow is very important, should pictures of the kubrows, be only of their natural (default) colors?

2.a. if i take an imprint of a kubrow will it copy it's default colors, or the colors that I have assigned it?

3. Is there a preferred method for taking the pics of the kubrow? i.e. deployed in game? on the liset?

4. I read height and gender are NOT copied, is there a way to ensure what they will be, or are the always random?

Below are pictures of Barkley, whose imprint I would like to sell.  I would appreciate any help in understand his worth, or even offers! Please let me know if I need to add/change any pictures :)

e3NH9cm.png

q4cmhEZ.png

Edited by theLavs

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/552163-we-need-kubrow-value-guide/

This is very helpful.

Aside from that, generally, the pricings are set after a set (2x prints of the same kub), as using them, you'd more or less get a copy; although, height and gender are NOT guaranteed, there'll always be a chance that it won't be the original, and there's no way to ensure it. Single prints go for half or below, as you're in for a gamble by buying single prints.

Prints work in the way that it's basically a genetic setup of your kub. It stores Build (bulky, athletic, skinny) and its 4 colors (primary, secondary, tertiary and energy/eye color). If you use a print from 1 kub, and a print from another kub, there's a generally a 50/50 chance of a gene to be passed down to the pup. So if one parent is bulky, and the other is athletic, it'll be one of those, it'll never turn out skinny. Colors can't switch order (like a primary color can't become a tertiary color, it'll either be primary A or primary B, secondary A or secondary B, etc). And the colors passed on the prints will always be the natural colors, and not the dye you use (otherwise it'd be rather easy selling certain colors).

As for pics for trading kubs, you generally want a pic of the equip menu for the kub, showing it with its natural colors, and then attachments were you copy the kubs colors so people can hex code confirm that you're not trying to scam anyone.

Example:

merlot2_by_sleepyfoxes-d9g11ew.png

and

merlot_by_sleepyfoxes-d9g11da.png

Also your pictures aren't showing up.

Edited by Geraion

Aye, there you go. :) Single rare bulky kub, huras (good breed), and it looks fairly ok, so decent chance of selling it in the mid-to-high end of 500-600p as per the guide I linked.

Make sure you post a picture of the imprint screen, or the default color screen as well, like the examples I gave you.