Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo With A Cataclysmic Continuum Build Is Surprisingly Good Against Infested

PrVonTuckIII

I was just testing Limbo today, and I recently aquired the Cataclysmic Continuum Augment. In ODD, I found that casting Cataclysm over the Cryopod, and then activating Rift Surge, allows you to keep Cataclysm going practically indefinetely.

Which makes it quite efficient for clearing out waves of enemies.

Thoughts?

The build itself isn't of vital importance, as long as you have Cataclysmic Continuum equipped. The large number of spawned Infested means that you can keep it going for a long time.

Personally, I do Redirection and Vitality, Lightning Dash, Primed Cont, Cata Cont, Intensify, and after that it's up to you.

If I'm interpreting this right this is pretty much with a mobile arena build right?, Does continuum make the bubble re-expand as well? I wanted to try this but could never find enough space trying to get enough range and power, but this should take care of efficiency and duration enough so I might try to work it in.

If I'm interpreting this right this is pretty much with a mobile arena build right?, Does continuum make the bubble re-expand as well? I wanted to try this but could never find enough space trying to get enough range and power, but this should take care of efficiency and duration enough so I might try to work it in.

Pretty much. I don't about re-expanding the bubble, but it should do that, considering it increases the duration. I tried it in ODD, where there are plenty of Infested, and a nice big area to test.

It works with infested because they stay in the bubble to hit you, unlike the ranged units :P

Not necessarily. The reason I did it with Infested is because I needed a lot of enemies to keep the bubble expanded. It could conceivably work with Grineer/Corpus and possibly the Upcoming Sentients, but it's most effective against Infested simply because there are more (weaker) enemies, which in turn regenerates the bubble more quickly (the bubble will replenish 1 second per enemy). 

And the reason I say to also keep Rift Surge on, along with at least 1 duration mod, is so that you spend less time taking out those Ancients and Boilers and other heavies.

Edited by PrVonTuckIII