Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mods T To Be Keep Despite What Happens

XDeathCoreX

People got the wrong idea from the last topic(Deleted that one), so to be clear, it would be good if only mods are kept even if you fail.

This is ONLY for mods. You still LOSE resources and blueprints. 

You know people have experience game crashes or some bug that prevent you from getting to extraction. You name it, it happened. Or some host crap that disconnects people and that rare mod is lost. Or you quit due to bad latency and you shouldn't suffer because you got a rare mod.

So i propose that you should atleast allow players to keep atleast the rare mods if they fail because those are extremely hard to find(The ones you seek) and if you lose it due to unforeseen bugs, glitches, host migration, game crashes, etc. You'll have to wait another weeks to even see it again.

And from what people say, these mods were NOT the reason why loot cannot be kept, it was what the boss dropped and it was blueprints and a rare resource. He never drops rare mods. He doe snot have a higher drop rate for rare mods. people don't farm bosses for rare mods. They cannot exploit the game for rare mods. They do all their rare mod farming in defense mission in which they leave after 5th wave.

Mods were never the problem. So it would be nice to keep them all or atleast the rare mods even if you fail the mission. No reason you should lose that mod over game breaking crap out of your control and it would be too much to.

And look at it this way, in any typical mmo or online game, it's finders keepers, you keep what you find because you earned it by killing, they don't take it away from you if you fail that quest or mission because it is not a reward, it's something you find and seeing as mods were NEVER the issue, it makes sense for people to keep them because their behaviors won't be affect by this. Never witnessed people quitting after picking up a mod. So don't get blueprints or resources mixed up with mods.

Let players keep their mods or atleast their rare mods, they found it, they have a RIGHT to keep it and besides, why would the Lotus taketh away what makes them stronger?

Finders, keepers. And once again, this change won't have an efect on peoples habits. There have been no reports on people quitting for mods, NO reports at all. 

I dare you to link one.

And remember, mods are NOT rewards. They were NEVER rewards. This is NOT rewarding players for failing. people don't do alerts for mods at the end, they do it for CREDITS and the BLUEPRINT. People don't do non defense missions for for mods, they do it to unlock more areas for alerts and to fight highr level beings. Mods is just things you find along the way, NOT rewards.

As for defense missions, they leave after 5th wave, what's the difference?

Since when are things you find on the ground mission rewards? If someone fails a delivery job, but finds $50 on the floor, does he keep it?

As for players that quit, they don't care what they lose, if it's not boss drops they want, they are out of there. You won't see more players quitting  Because its always about the boss drops. Always about the money. Mods have a crappy price, no one farmed mods to sell, the farm bosses. money talks, mods don't.

Don't let the players lose their rare mods to glitches, bg, crashes, host issue over this crap. Don't need to punish players for something unrelated to mods.

Let them keep mods even if they fail. it's the right thing to do.

On a side note, think of those that lose their mods over bugs like falling through floor or game crashing or host migration.

Ever:

Fell through the floor?

Came across a locked door unable to open?

Fallen through the floor?

Came across a glitched elevator?

Fallen into a black hole(Corpus)?

Had host fail on you and boot you from game?

Experienced:

Disconnection?

Crappy host that made you quit?

Game client crashing?

All after getting a rare mod?

Sucks, doesn't it?

Edited by XDeathCoreX

So, off the top of my head, what about some guy that joins a defence mission, scoops up all the mods and resources he can and then quits/gets killed on purpose? 

It sounds like you have this one idea in your head that applies to some situations you have thought of, but there are more ramifications to your suggestion than you are acknowledging. 

So, off the top of my head, what about some guy that joins a defence mission, scoops up all the mods and resources he can and then quits/gets killed on purpose? 

It sounds like you have this one idea in your head that applies to some situations you have thought of, but there are more ramifications to your suggestion than you are acknowledging. 

Cannot imagine what's going on in peoples brain that they would think i meant resources and blueprints too. it has NOTHING to do with it. And they only leave after the 5th wave.

Edited by XDeathCoreX

I'm against this. stuff happens, sometimes you fail- you shouldn't be rewarded for failing. I say this even after my isp was having major issues yesterday and i disconnected from at least 8 missions, losting everything i gained in those missions.

Defenses have checkpoints where you get to keep everything you've gained every 5 waves (plenty fair- and I should note that it wasn't always like this).

I don't leave after wave 5 on a defense unless the reward is a void key. Usually i'll do 20-40 waves in a defense when mod farming, even if going with pugs that leave at wave 5. Try not to lump everyone in to one playstyle.

Rewarding failure is kinda lame in my opinion, you should have some incentive to revive your teammates and complete missions successfully, etc. Taking away the punishment for failure makes success less meaningful.

As a note to OP: remaking this topic won't change people's opinion on the subject.

Edited by AnalogAnomaly

I'm against this. stuff happens, sometimes you fail- you shouldn't be rewarded for failing. I say this even after my isp was having major issues yesterday and i disconnected from at least 8 missions, losting everything i gained in those missions.

Defenses have checkpoints where you get to keep everything you've gained every 5 waves (plenty fair- and I should note that it wasn't always like this).

Rewarding failure is kinda lame in my opinion, you should have some incentive to revive your teammates and complete missions successfully, etc. Taking away the punishment for failure makes success less meaningful.

As a note to OP: remaking this topic won't change people's opinion on the subject.

And remember, mods are NOT rewards. They were NEVER rewards. This is NOT rewarding players for failing. people don't do alerts for mods at the end, they do it for CREDITS and the BLUEPRINT. People don't do non defense missions for for mods, they do it to unlock more areas for alerts and to fight highr level beings. Mods is just things you find along the way, NOT rewards.

You said resources too. They lump them together, no one had ever quit for mods. been playing since closed beta. And played a lot in open beta and saw no complaints with mod quitting.

+++

Never in my live have i seen someone quitting after getting mods

-1, rewards should only be given for victories

The only scenario I agree with is when host migration happens and all the people that stay to complete the mission lose everything.

It is extremely frustrating to spend 5-10 minutes on a mission get to the extraction room and see host migration because the host didn't get a rare mod and wants out asap rather then wait for the squad to complete the mission.

I have suggested the addition of a 5 minute deserter debuff for people that abort/disconnect from missions in the past. The reason is simple, if it is a true disconnect 5 minutes will most likely not affect the person, but it will kill attempts by people that deliberately abort missions just to requeue asap.

You said resources too. They lump them together, no one had ever quit for mods. been playing since closed beta. And played a lot in open beta and saw no complaints with mod quitting.

That's because everything was still new and entertaining. After you've done the same thing a couple thousand times it tends to get repetitive and you'll want to finish asap. Remember that quitting can also cause host migrations (obviously if the one quitting is the host), which can lead to the entire map to be made worthless and having to restart.

-1, rewards should only be given for victories

+1 Don't reward people for leaving their group, it unintentionally allows rushers to just take their mods and run.

Mods are as much of a reward as the blueprint and/or credits. Think of it like this; Are optional objectives in a game not objectives? Just because you don't HAVE to do them, doesn't mean they don't exist or should be taken too lightly.

Comparative to mods, although they're gained optionally, they're a side-reward to completing a map and should be considered as a reward.

Since when are things you find on the ground mission rewards? If someone fails a delivery job, but finds $50 on the floor, does he keep it?

In most countries you're bound by law to turn it in to the police. Bad example.

That's because everything was still new and entertaining. After you've done the same thing a couple thousand times it tends to get repetitive and you'll want to finish asap. Remember that quitting can also cause host migrations (obviously if the one quitting is the host), which can lead to the entire map to be made worthless and having to restart.

+1 Don't reward people for leaving their group, it unintentionally allows rushers to just take their mods and run.

Mods are as much of a reward as the blueprint and/or credits. Think of it like this; Are optional objectives in a game not objectives? Just because you don't HAVE to do them, doesn't mean they don't exist or should be taken too lightly.

Comparative to mods, although they're gained optionally, they're a side-reward to completing a map and should be considered as a reward.

In most countries you're bound by law to turn it in to the police. Bad example.

You still LOSE anything else you picked up, the mods you keep and no one quits after getting mods.

And they are just stuff that drops and you find.

They are NOt quest rewards or mission rewards. NEVER played any game that takes away what you find after failing. no MMO, no online game. The idea that mods are rewards are just backwards thinking.

You still LOSE anything else you picked up, the mods you keep and no one quits after getting mods.

And they are just stuff that drops and you find.

They are NOt quest rewards or mission rewards. NEVER played any game that takes away what you find after failing. no MMO, no online game. The idea that mods are rewards are just backwards thinking.

Really, so no game takes away stuff you find after failing a mission?

If you fail a quest in an MMO, you don't get the rewards. Simple as. Same in every other game. Which game do you know gives you stuff after failing?

They're mission rewards from scavenging. They ARE rewards, just not tied to the exact mission. (although the mods dropped ARE tied to the faction you're fighting)

It's not backwards thinking, and I'd appreciate it if you weren't trying to subtlety insult me in the future.

You got quest rewards mixed up with normal drops found along the way. Where does this idea come from? What YOu find YOU keep. Why is that so hard to understand the difference between given a reward and finding a treasure along the way. The treasure is yours regardless of failure.

You got quest rewards mixed up with normal drops found along the way. Where does this idea come from? What YOu find YOU keep. Why is that so hard to understand the difference between given a reward and finding a treasure along the way. The treasure is yours regardless of failure.

It was a comparison. As it stands mods are a side reward from missions and should not be kept if you fail a mission.

You don't get to keep things you obtain them DURING the mission in a different game if you abort a mission.

Done many quests and missions, failed some, never lost anything found and these were online games.

Mods aren't the reason loot could not be kept, it was the boss drops that people would quit after getting. If it wasn't for that, people would still keep their loot.

Mods have nothing to do with it. Players should not lose rare mods they seek which are extremely rare because bug, glitches, crashes, etc.

Why not just make it so that if people fail from death or if they abandon / quit they lose everything as normal; but if they DC / host migrate they keep it and FIX the issues with falling through the floor (for example; make it so that there is a field around the entire mission so if you DO fall outside it respawns you at *the beginning* of the map like you just loaded in so there is NO WAY it puts you behind locked doors / rooms with no exit.

I think that's a very good happy medium.

Why not just make it so that if people fail from death or if they abandon / quit they lose everything as normal; but if they DC / host migrate they keep it and FIX the issues with falling through the floor (for example; make it so that there is a field around the entire mission so if you DO fall outside it respawns you at *the beginning* of the map like you just loaded in so there is NO WAY it puts you behind locked doors / rooms with no exit.

I think that's a very good happy medium.

If it were possible then yes, there's always going to be something down the road and interferes with keeping these mods.

I don't leave after wave 5 on a defense unless the reward is a void key. Usually i'll do 20-40 waves in a defense when mod farming, even if going with pugs that leave at wave 5. Try not to lump everyone in to one playstyle.

Seeing as people still quit, losing mods isn't really a punishment, just a flaw.

And the subject before was not about keeping mods if you failed, but it should have been and thats why it was deleted.