Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are You Here To Farm?

Shizzuie

I'll ask you guys a few questions then make my final statement.

After you play every mission in game and unlock every map what do you have left? After all those runs do you really think the mobs are a challege to me triumped anymore? Are you now just going into mission after mission for hours trying to get bits of materials that you need just order to make (what you hope would be) fun weapons or add more rooms to your clans dojo?

After playing this game for so long and working so hard to get all that I wanted out of it I came to the point where I sit and think "I have all the weapons and warframes that I wanted and made them really powerful to the point where they can crush all the repeative mobs with out even trying.... What now?" I have looked though all the clan weapons and read about all that they do and think "Is spending hours of my life trying to get these worth it?" and I know this game still has issues but its just as the devs said "We try to make things hard to get so that way they don't finish everything in an evening" but did they ever consider "What if people don't want to work harder to get these either?".

Basically... is it worth playing this game to farm boring repeative mobs to get rosources for weapons that frankly cost to much with no garintee that you will actually enjoy them in the end while you try to farm the boring repeative mobs some more to get more resources to make the next weapon that you still don't even know you'll enjoy?

I see more like a test of patience.

I see farm worth when the weapon that i'm farming for is not a best version of the one that already have.

"What if people don't want to work harder to get these either?".

They can pay for it. Or wait until devs put a more interesting and challenge thing.

Edited by Probta16

I, for one, enjoy Warframe.

I know, it's a radical concept. Having fun from playign a game, and not from progressing or being rewarded.

I used to play a lot of FPS games, like Quake 3 and Unreal. I didn't play against real people, just the same bots over and over. I had fun.

No weapon unlocks.

No level ups.

No special powers.

Just shooting, jumping, reloading, sometimes dying, and then eventual victory.

Some of us, the few, play Warframe for the simple pleasures.

The times when your Paris shot pierces through two lancers, both head shots.

The times when you slide forward with your Boar blazing on auto, blasting away 4 crewmen.

Those rare times when you enter a grineer vent shaft and see 15+ infested running down the pipe to meet you, and you reveal your dual Zorens, swathed in flames, you reveal your smile, glistening with murderous intent.

These are the reasons I play Warframe.

The rewards are nice, the progression is meaningful, but ultimately it's about killing Hek and realizing you have no ammo left for any weapons, and still have to escape the base alive.

It's about fun.

I know, it's a radical concept. Having fun from playign a game, and not from progressing or being rewarded.

I used to play a lot of FPS games, like Quake 3 and Unreal. I didn't play against real people, just the same bots over and over. I had fun.

No weapon unlocks.

No level ups.

No special powers.

The times when you slide forward with your Boar blazing on auto, blasting away 4 crewmen.

Those rare times when you enter a grineer vent shaft and see 15+ infested running down the pipe to meet you, and you reveal your dual Zorens, swathed in flames, you reveal your smile, glistening with murderous intent.

The rewards are nice, the progression is meaningful, but ultimately it's about killing Hek and realizing you have no ammo left for any weapons, and still have to escape the base alive.

It's about fun.

All of my up-votes.

I'm repeating myself here, but..... Warframe is almost completely devoid of progression mechanics.

This shortcoming renders most of the content pointless.

It either needs more structured progression system (like a typical hack&slash rpg), or it needs a greatly heightened skill ceiling (like Quake).

As it stands it's in a mire somewhere between the two; far too little stat based structured progression, and far too low of a skill ceiling.

Edited by TehJumpingJawa

I played it for pleasure a while ago but then..

Shot my Paris for the 1000th time using thunderbolt that destoryed all enemies lvl 1 - 25 in one shot

Leveled my Reaper Prime to chew through invested like they are all lvl 1

Maxed out my Despairs to the point where they do 700 dmg a shot at 10 shots a burst with basically no reload which lets me kill even the highest lvl boss in under a minute..

All those things and more make the enemies die so fast that all I see is their bodies shatter from my frost mods freezing them then my Dethcube blowing them away before I even see what they even looked like..

Edited by Shizzuie

They can pay for it. Or wait until devs put a more interesting and challenge thing.

Paying for something to use against mobs that are basically not even worth fighting is pointless and as for waiting for the devs... what do you think Update 8 was?

I played it for pleasure a while ago but then..

Shot my Paris for the 1000th time using thunderbolt that destoryed all enemies lvl 1 - 25 in one shot

Leveled my Reaper Prime to chew through invested like they are all lvl 1

Maxed out my Despairs to the point where they do 700 dmg a shot at 10 shots a burst with basically no reload which lets me kill even the highest lvl boss in under a minute..

All those things and more make the enemies die so fast that all I see is their bodies shatter from my frost mods freezing them then my Dethcube blowing them away before I even see what they even looked like..

Sounds to me like you just need to take a break.

Any action can become mundane with enough repetition, try looking over the game market and leaving Warframe for a week, or even a month.

Alternatively, stop using weapons with amazing mods.

Bring a heat dagger as your melee weapon and try to stealth through Grineer extermination missions.

Try to make a viable puncture build with any weapon.

Attempt to go through an entire level using ONLY your powers.

Un-equip redirection, keep vitality and steel fiber, now try running any mission using melee only.

It's the little things that make life entertaining, the challenges you set for yourself just to see what will happen, to see if you can do it.

Sounds to me like you just need to take a break.

Any action can become mundane with enough repetition, try looking over the game market and leaving Warframe for a week, or even a month.

Alternatively, stop using weapons with amazing mods.

Bring a heat dagger as your melee weapon and try to stealth through Grineer extermination missions.

Try to make a viable puncture build with any weapon.

Attempt to go through an entire level using ONLY your powers.

Un-equip redirection, keep vitality and steel fiber, now try running any mission using melee only.

It's the little things that make life entertaining, the challenges you set for yourself just to see what will happen, to see if you can do it.

But I shouldn't have to find alternative ways to entertain myself in game that is ment to entertain me :| 

just seems rediculious.

No weapon unlocks.

No level ups.

No special powers.

It's about fun.

Yes. This. I came to be a space ninja. I am playing as a space ninja, and I love it.

I play because I enjoy shooting things in the face. Or legs. Or whatever the Infester Chargers have.

Everything else is just gravy.

The basis of pretty much any game. Do you enjoy the gameplay?

Obviously, there things that can be improved. That is why we are have the beta label. And yes, I know that the beta label has been abused by various games in the past, that does not mean that all abuse that.

Trust me on this one, if you do not enjoy the game now, getting an arbitrary piece of equipment will not increase your enjoyment as much as you think it will. Which, again, does not mean that things shouldn't be tweaked to make it less grindy. And more challenging. Both of these were acknowledged by devs in livestream and forum posts to my knowledge. 

Trust me on this one, if you do not enjoy the game now, getting an arbitrary piece of equipment will not increase your enjoyment as much as you think it will. Which, again, does not mean that things shouldn't be tweaked to make it less grindy. And more challenging. Both of these were acknowledged by devs in livestream and forum posts to my knowledge. 

This is absolutely true. Everything that the OP has complained about are things that DE acknowledges it needs to work on (some areas more than others, but these 2 subjects are high on their priority list all the time). I'm in a small clan that under the current system is staring at 4000+ collective hours farming just to unlock all the research buildings, yea we are moving a bit slower right now while we wait for the new clan size restrictions to take effect and see what the new farming requirements will be after that, but were grinding for it right now. Yes, the game is almost exclusively grinding at the moment, but the latest livestream announced 2 new bosses coming, Lech Kril got a buff recently with more mechanics now. DE is obviously trying to work on their high end content, but at the same time they have to keep people busy/interested in the mean time by releasing other types of content as well.

I've had more than one day since update 7.11 (Vauban release) that made me want to put Warframe down, but I still have faith in the concept of the game that it will become great with more time. Does grinding suck? Yes. Do the RNG gods hate us many a day? Yes. Are we still the Tenno who must fight on even in the most arduous of circumstances? Still a resounding YES.

Basically... is it worth playing this game to farm boring repeative mobs to get rosources for weapons that frankly cost to much with no garintee that you will actually enjoy them in the end while you try to farm the boring repeative mobs some more to get more resources to make the next weapon that you still don't even know you'll enjoy?

yes

But I shouldn't have to find alternative ways to entertain myself in game that is ment to entertain me :| 

just seems rediculious.

...Really?

So why do you have so many weapons and mods?

Sure the game provides them but in the end you're entertaining yourself by using what is offered.

All the things LunarWind suggested are also what's offered.

You're just not taking the effort to experience them.

While I understand exactly what you want, I can't help but notice your unwillingness to search for it.

I'll ask you guys a few questions then make my final statement.

After you play every mission in game and unlock every map what do you have left? After all those runs do you really think the mobs are a challege to me triumped anymore? Are you now just going into mission after mission for hours trying to get bits of materials that you need just order to make (what you hope would be) fun weapons or add more rooms to your clans dojo?

After playing this game for so long and working so hard to get all that I wanted out of it I came to the point where I sit and think "I have all the weapons and warframes that I wanted and made them really powerful to the point where they can crush all the repeative mobs with out even trying.... What now?" I have looked though all the clan weapons and read about all that they do and think "Is spending hours of my life trying to get these worth it?" and I know this game still has issues but its just as the devs said "We try to make things hard to get so that way they don't finish everything in an evening" but did they ever consider "What if people don't want to work harder to get these either?".

The point of any game is to have enjoyment.  Its not about 'look at me I have all this stuff'.  If you make it about materialism you will always burn out of games faster then most.  If you are not getting enjoyment out of playing ... stop.