Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spilers] Path System Answers

Javack

SO after playing the second dream it seems a lot of people have a lot of questions about the path systems. So far I can only say what I have figured out on my own and a little speculation.

At the end of the second dream, as the operator you talk to the lotus and choose specific things to say. At the end you get to choose a Tenno path that you will be focusing on first. What you say to the lotus during your talk with her sort of recommends a path for you. Once you are at the part where you get to choose you will see what look like a number of circles on certain paths. The one with the most circles will be on the far left and the one with the least is on the far right. 

Now there is only like 3 or 4 circles so not everyone will have a circle on them and some may have more than one. The amount of circles and what path they are on are based off of what you said to the lotus. 

Now each path has unique abilities. You must choose one now but are able to unlock all at some point ( at least thats what it looks like). So dont worry too much about if you chose the best path or not. 

Second, after completing the Second Dream you get the Lens for whatever path you chose to focus. This lens must be equipped to a maxed-put item. I suggest attaching it to a weapon you use a lot. For me I attached it to my atomos. 

To attach the lens you do the same thing you would do if you were going to forma or potato an item, but instead you choose to attach the lens. 

The lens can not be taken off and the only way to get rid of the lens is if you attach a different one and destroy the one already on at the same time.

Anyways, the purpose for attaching your lens is to generate focus. The affinity you would get for the maxed out item would then be converted into focus that you can use into your focus path to upgrade and progress in your path. 

As you progress in the game it seems as if you can unlock other paths by spending 50,000 focus on it (IDK if this is true yet). 

Another way to unlock paths may be from obtaining another lens. ( IDK about this either). 

Thank you for reading, if you have any questions please feel free to post here and ask and hopefully I or someone else can help. If you would like to post what path you chose and what it gives you that would be greatly appreciated.

I chose Madurai.

Madurai - Seems to be the path for those looking to do the most amount of damage. Gives you the ability to shoot a laser out of your chest for a duration.

Unairu - Lets you petrify enemies. Higher levels grant passive bonus to petrify and reduce enemy armor, and grant Tenno bonus armor.

Vazarin -Those who want to survive longer, this gives you and nearby allies health in forms of waves.

Zenurik-

Naramon - Lets you confuse enemies, increase crit chance on melee weapons, grant allies invisibility, reveals weakness of enemies and disarms enemies.

Edited by Javack

I believe mogamu chose that one. Suspends enemies in mid air. Not sure about the rest of the tree tho.

Also replenish energy!

---

From what i'm seeing:

Madurai - Damage

Unairu - Debuffer

Vazarin - Health

Zenurik - Energy

Naramon - Stealthy

Edited by Korusagi

Madurai - Seems to be the path for those looking to do the most amount of damage. Gives you the ability to shoot a laser out of your chest for a duration.

Unairu - Lets you petrify enemies. Higher levels grant passive bonus to petrify and reduce enemy armor, and grant Tenno bonus armor.

Vazarin -Those who want to survive longer, this gives you and nearby allies health in forms of waves.

Zenurik-

Naramon - Lets you confuse enemies, increase crit chance on melee weapons, grant allies invisibility, reveals weakness of enemies and disarms enemies.

Really wishing I could have seen the skills before picking one, because I would have chosen Naramon. Unairu seemed like a good way to buff my Valkyr based on the description but the description turned out to be a bit deceiving and the actual attack itself (petrify ray) seems pretty lousy, and the Naramon's crit + "weaknesses" (assuming this works like Sonar) add a damage multiplier + better CC than Unairu can match. Madurai sounds impressive but doesn't really pan out in the endgame unless the damage can somehow scale against armor.

I also don't know if Unairu's armor buffs scales to your Warframe or if it's a flat amount, or even how much it's worth. There's a severe visibility-on-the-numbers problem with these skill trees right now.

The whole laser-out-of-chest thing is really hard to aim (for Unairu at least) and doesn't feel very limit-breaky. It feels like a watered-down Gammacor with bad aim.

Edited by Exodess

Really wishing I could have seen the skills before picking one, because I would have chosen Naramon. Unairu seemed like a good way to buff my Valkyr based on the description but the description turned out to be a bit deceiving and the actual attack itself (petrify ray) seems pretty lousy, and the Naramon's crit + "weaknesses" (assuming this works like Sonar) add a damage multiplier + better CC than Unairu can match. Madurai sounds impressive but doesn't really pan out in the endgame unless the damage can somehow scale against armor.

I also don't know if Unairu's armor buffs scales to your Warframe or if it's a flat amount, or even how much it's worth. There's a severe visibility-on-the-numbers problem with these skill trees right now.

The whole laser-out-of-chest thing is really hard to aim (for Unairu at least) and doesn't feel very limit-breaky. It feels like a watered-down Gammacor with bad aim.

I went with Unairu and I'm kinda 50/50 on it.  I think a hard CC to enemies will scale well however it takes a bit for that laser to do its job.  i want to say it goes faster on lower level enemies.  However further down the skill tree there are abilities which reduce cooldown and petrify faster so it may get better as it is leveled up.

I think that Focus is the one if you really prefer melee.  I play a lot of Frost so to me I don't really need that CC element because my WF has it built in.  However if I play valk, excal, or wukong I can see where the passives would be nice and the ability could be a nice oh crap button.