The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Cpu Optimization Is Simply Awfull

Hatr

The above mentioned quote explains perfectly why some people are having problems with their GPU, because there is no problem. At first i thought the game was GPU bound but hosting a game does take alot. Having the latest i7 or AMD cpu shouldn't be a solution though. Right now it's a band aid fix.

The above mentioned quote explains perfectly why some people are having problems with their GPU, because there is no problem. At first i thought the game was GPU bound but hosting a game does take alot. Having the latest i7 or AMD cpu shouldn't be a solution though. Right now it's a band aid fix.

I should've clarified, the quote was one from myself in another thread. And I agree entirely - my point here was that this is an insanely bad use of CPU resources, if someone needs to run an absolute top-tier CPU just to host a game, on top of a quality internet connection.

yeap, game engine needs some CPU multithreading optimization

I would pay the developers to make multithreading. I have a laptop that can play most games with an AMD A8-3520 Quad core(1.6ghz) with Radeon 6620G, and I can play any game on the market, but battlefield, with multi-threading for hours on end on high to very high settings, but warframe lags the heck out with all the motion blur and camera shaking ( www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QhavUH4JJM). I get about 40-60 fps normally, and 10-20 during heavy fights on extermination.

Yes i can totally confirm the statement that Warframe has bad multi-threading Optimization!

Like some other users are already proofed, the Game is heavily Single-threaded.

You can simply see this if you check the usage of your cores. One Core will have around 80-100% usage (maybe less on the newer ones^^)

and the other cores are stay pretty low.

Before some days i still had my old Athlon ii x4 620@2.6 and i got some performance issues here and there.

Especially if alot of enemys where on the map, or also at hosting i got sometimes awful performance and low fps.

Now i have my Phenom ii x4 965 BE@3.4 and my Performance is good and playable, even while hosting a 4 Player game or at the void.

Guess the Difference here is not only the additional 800mhz, its also the fact that the Phenom is Stronger in single-threaded Tasks.

And actually you can see Warframe as kind of an (atleast mostly) Single-threaded Task.

So i guess that People with lower Frequency CPU´s and maybe not single-threading strong ones will suffer of this Performance Problems, until

Warframe get a better Mutli-Threading Optimization.

My Overall Specs are :

Asus M4A79-Deluxe

AMD Phenom ii x4 965@3.4Ghz

Corsair DDR2@800 2x2Gb

Inno3D Nvidia GeForce 260 GTX

Edited by Viewtifuldaniel

I can only assume that DE will be forced to tweak the engine to optimise for multi-core performance, given that they wish to move to the PS4, which runs on a relatively low-power octa-core setup. Hopefully, therefore, whatever they do for that is brought over to PC also.

the Game is heavily Single-threaded.

Yep. 

I can only assume that DE will be forced to tweak the engine to optimise for multi-core performance, given that they wish to move to the PS4, which runs on a relatively low-power octa-core setup. Hopefully, therefore, whatever they do for that is brought over to PC also.

Exactly. The PC version needs some multi-core optimisation love too.

I hate getting sub-par FPS on Warframe due to CPU bottleneck, especially when I'm clocked to 4.8 GHz (2600K).

Edited by PineappleJuice