Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mod Idea: Hit Recovery

Gestalt

If anyone who read the title has played Diablo 2 (or many many other action RPG, I'm sure), you'd know instantly what this is about. Just a quick suggestion about a new type of Mod to fit onto Warframe slots, that can decrease the time a character takes stumbling back after being hit by a rifle butt/ancient crowbar/runner blast and other attacks that I curren't can't recall.

We already got a newly introduced mod type in the form of stamina recovery (for more running, sliding, flipping fun), I just thought the introduction of this new type of mod, that can give say 25% faster hit recovery, which in action would reduce say a 1 second stumbling time down to 0.75 second.

So if you're tired of being chain stunned by 4~5 runners on an infested mission, simply cuz you wanted to train your new sword, and missed that one runner by an inch, you can sacrifice a warframe mod slot or two, drop in a bit of faster recovery, and have the stun time be just a teeny tiny bit shorter, enough for you to be able to recover from that first runner that blew up in your face, to kill that pesky second runner before he can explode on you too, ending the stun chain.

Don't think this will be too terribly op either, since sacrificing a potentially powerful warframe mod like 100 shield or 70% melee damage, for a situational mod like recovery speed is fairly balanced if done right.

Any feedback is highly welcomed.

Would be nice to see this as a mod, along with tech rolling. to recover from MOA shockwave spam.

Yeah they really should consider adding that tech rolling. Well, long way til release, so here's hoping they add all the good stuff, in time.

Considering how fond DE is of making one of the main enemy attacks various stunlocks, I'd be very much interested in mods that reduced recovery time.

Though overall I'd really rather see more diversity in the ways enemys try to attack you, instead of a) shooting you or b) hitting you.

Hell, the main way Infested try to kill you are just variations on ways to stunlock. Explode and stun lock. Charge and stunlock. Jump and stunlock. Tentacle arm lash and stunlock.

I'm not sure it's even possible to be less creative in attack mechanic diversity...

I suggested a similar thing in my thread over this way: https://forums.warfr...-player-growth/

Needless to say, I support this idea. Hopefully multiple people requesting the same thing will have the devs at least consider it.

Holy suggestion Batman! You got a lot of great ideas in there O-o DE is very keen on taking community feedback and suggestions, so I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the game mechanics get some tweeks here and there and even some major overhauls. The main limiting factor seems to be resources, ie manpower and time. But hopefully they can iron it out before game goes release.

Agreed as well. 'Stability' we could call it, and if folk consider it just reducing stun/recovery times it could have an added bonus of reducing kick on some weapons as well. Latron I'm looking at you, kid.

That's a great idea. I too was surprised to find that there's completely no way to reduce firearm recoil in this game :o DE said they're looking into reducing Frago and Scindo's "kick", so fingers crossed for ways to reduce firearm kicks as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't it be a better idea to just town down stunlocking? It seems like they come out with a bad idea, and isntead of trying to get it fixed you guys are suggesting extra stuff on top of it to try and mitigate the frustration it brings. Unwary devs may see this and think people for some reason find the idea of a hit recovery stat exciting, instead of realizing its just a responce to their unreasonable inclusion of stunlocking.

Considering how fond DE is of making one of the main enemy attacks various stunlocks, I'd be very much interested in mods that reduced recovery time.

Though overall I'd really rather see more diversity in the ways enemys try to attack you, instead of a) shooting you or b) hitting you.

Hell, the main way Infested try to kill you are just variations on ways to stunlock. Explode and stun lock. Charge and stunlock. Jump and stunlock. Tentacle arm lash and stunlock.

I'm not sure it's even possible to be less creative in attack mechanic diversity...

Holy Grapefruits

Words right out of my mouth. I go into Xini and i'm like "who the F*** thought this was fun or acceptable". I could make an entirely new topic talkking about how junk the mobs are in this game, but I try not to bash this IP too bad as it's in its infancy and has yet grow into anything more than a cool idea.

To be quick about it, If were supposed to be these badass ninjas with super-powered armor, then why in the hell do we fall down so easily and take forever to get back up?

Oh and i'd also like to know how you can get knocked down when you're already knocked down.

When I play a game like Vindictus I at least have invicibility frames on my dodge rolls to help avoid being stunlocked, so if I go down it's my own stinking fault. In this game when you dodge the mobs say "lmao cool story bro" and proceed whack you with sharp shooter accuaracy regardless of your position or speed.

Wouldn't it be a better idea to just town down stunlocking? It seems like they come out with a bad idea, and isntead of trying to get it fixed you guys are suggesting extra stuff on top of it to try and mitigate the frustration it brings. Unwary devs may see this and think people for some reason find the idea of a hit recovery stat exciting, instead of realizing its just a responce to their unreasonable inclusion of stunlocking.

I think the general topic on the frustration of stunlocking has already been brought up by numerous other threads. This thread is just providing another way out of the situation/mechanic that DE seems so keen on keeping.