The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] Getting Over The...

Mordad

There's two aspects to it though, there's the story and the in-game VO.

The story all hangs together, and in the story, although they still have young bodies because they've been in pods and stasis for long periods, they're not "kids" mentally, they're old, experienced people who have "seen things" (so to speak) and experienced a whole lifetime as warframes. 

And that even extends to the cutscenes, which give you a range of voices and a range of dialogue choices, in as neutral a sense as possible so you have a reasonable chance of projecting whatever character you've always been, into the Tenno (although of course the options can't possibly be completely comprehensive, and some players have felt left out in that sense).

So that side of it is fine, and I think to that extent, some of the naysayers might have just about hung on to their immersion through the revelations.  The straw that broke the camel's back, I think, and the really big mistake DE made with the update, was having the in-game Tenno VO be psychologically immature, inexperienced (e.g. as if they were only encountering Corpus, etc., for the first time, and weren't quite sure about them, etc.,etc.), and a tad overenthusiastic in a teeny way.

On that score, I totally agree with the naysayers and have the in-game Tenno switched off, because it jars with a) the cutscene dialogue and b) the character of the Tenno I've been playing all along. 

I mean, I've been able to make the visual representation of my Tenno character look a bit like the character that I've been roleplaying, and while ofc more options would be great, to that extent it's ok.  But the in-game VO was just too out of sync with both my character (the character I've been playing all along) and with the game's own lore (in the sense that the game's lore actually demands a more mature personality, as per the cutscenes).

The "child soldier" thing is of course meant to elicit our sympathy, and give a rationale to both Margulis' and the Lotus' love and personal redemption (as well as be attractive to lots of young Chinese players ofc :) ).  But that's sympathy for what happened to the Tenno when they literally were children, and sympathy for the situation that's been forced on them (their accident, their trouble, the fact they killed people they loved and people they didn't want to kill, the way they were used and abused) and that they're in now.  But one can have sympathy for one's character in that sense, and still not feel any pressure to roleplay a psychologically immature person.

I'm fine with it, it's just a little unexpected. It's kind of cool actually, but will probably take some time to get used to.

Actually, a sort of Tenno Civil/Inner War story arch might make for an interesting development.  Maybe as a PVP faction choice or something.  

You could take a page from Dark Souls.  If you off your operator, you become like the stalker (a mad, rage-devoured construct, hell-bent on some sort of vengeance).  This would allow you to invade other players.  

Probably would never happen, but it would be entertaining.

pls no warframe dark wraiths

I'm fine with it, it's just a little unexpected. It's kind of cool actually, but will probably take some time to get used to.

Absolutely.  And we need more customization options to ease it - which I'm sure DE will be only too happy to provide as time goes on :)