Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Stealth] Walk-By Alerts.

Estred

I have been trying to stealth missions more as Banshee, I have an Ash working with me. Frequently now we have killed an enemy right next to an alert panel. Only to have it alert anyway. We noticed, they can do lockdowns just by running past a panel. Enemies should have to at least spend 1-3 seconds on a panel to cause a lockdown or alert. Unless all panels have open-access to everything.

If stealthing is going to become viable then there has to be ways for us Tenno to stop a potenital alert after an enemy has reached a panel. Perhaps like Metal Gear there is a "searching" phase where if the Tenno are not found it returns to the "stealth" phase.

I really like the idea of stealthing but as it is, it is very, very hard to stealth because of how hair-triggerish the alert/lockdown panels are.

+1  and the ennmies rush thos pannels everytimes like cowards , its realistik but yea, add like 1-3/5 seconds befor they activate the alert pleaze :) because stealthing is hard , especialy when the room is full of ennemies ..

If you are using freeze mods, ive noticed that the freeze doesn't effect the alert or lockdown. For example, when an enemy is running towards a panel and they are shot with a weap with a freeze mod on, they will still activate the panel when still needing to reach the panel by a good few steps. This could also be an issue as to why enemies seem to activate stuff when being far away/instantly.

Been testing this more, it seems that an enemy only needs to get within (I am using Unreal Units here) 37 Units of the panels to activate them. This translates about into 1.3 ft or roughly .5 meters. An enemy should have to first get next to it, within 10 units, then activate the consol, I assume they aren't all just logged into the "press to alert" screen. It would make sense that they have to at least put in some security clearance before causing a ship-wide panic.