Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Too Easy Or Too Hard? (Vote!)

MyXmaN

No need to make missions by default harder. I still remember how I was noob in the noob party and we met groop of ~10 ancients (killed 2 or 3 of them). Or my first attempts to defeat bosses without high ranked players. No, for new players this game is hard enough sometimes. But now, after ~300 hours played, I need new missions with higher level mobs. 80-120 lvl mobs will fit my possibilities just fine. Like Void3 did. Easy way to do so is just to make difficulty scale for every mission, with scaling rewards. Just like in Void.

Did Ambulus on Saryn solo on an ice map.

No skills. Only dread (serration+multishot) and plasma sword (reflex coil) for weapons, no other mods on them, no side arms.

Was pretty fun. Barely lost any health.

This game is ridiculously easy. The only (a little) challenging levels are T3 void, but those keys are almost impossible to get. They should implement the void difficult levels in any accessible planet, without the need to buy/farm keys.

Game difficulty is fine from a casual player perspective as me and my small group of friends are challenged (and yes sometimes lose) low level defense missions like wave 10 Io. We don't have all the mods or high level mods so we are pressured by the ancients that come in waves. I'm all for difficulty modes however for players who do have all the goodies and/or elite skills.

Did Ambulus on Saryn solo on an ice map.

No skills. Only dread (serration+multishot) and plasma sword (reflex coil) for weapons, no other mods on them, no side arms.

Was pretty fun. Barely lost any health.

Soloed Ambulas with my dethcube xD

It took 56 seconds for Ambulas to die.

Also, killed Phorid with my Ember using Overheat and World on Fire. No shooting.

Game too easy? Stop playing with overpowered maxed out gear.

Then there is no point in gearing up. No point in gearing = no point in potatoes = no point in spending platinum = less profit for DE.

Also, pve games tend to get boring if you play with zero progression. Unless they have a really cool story/plot, which we dont have ATM.

What we need is new enemies that require teamwork to defeat, not just bullet-sponge or stunlock ones. That alone would make the game more challenging and fun.

But several difficulties to choose from would also be very nice. 

Playing only with my gf, not being fully modded and using the weapons and frames we like rather than the 'best weapons' the game so far feels just right. Missions range from a bit more laid back to challenging and the pacing feels spot on. Only thing we wish for is more environments, but I'm sure that's coming eventually.

Playing only with my gf, not being fully modded and using the weapons and frames we like rather than the 'best weapons' the game so far feels just right. Missions range from a bit more laid back to challenging and the pacing feels spot on. Only thing we wish for is more environments, but I'm sure that's coming eventually.

The game is far more fun when you're in a duo rather than a full team. It's almost as if the game is made for teams of two and the two more are added for people who want it easy.

I find Warframe to be way too easy when playing with a group.  The enemies need to be scaled better with more players....or DE could impliment multiplayer exclusive enemies and enemy attacks (I'm looking at you Nervos).

I find Warframe inconsistent. I'm not good enough to solo level 30 missions, let alone the harder ones. What bothers me is doing a level 11 mission and dying in two minutes, then doing the same mission 10 minutes later with the exact same gear, and being bored because it is too easy.

1) mods are based on randomness of the game. While i totally feel sorry for you, its one another issue. The devs promised to address this in some way.

2) My friend got solo to wave 25 on Io with Mag. Pressed 4 to clean out the lesser ones and shot ancients down with boltor. He has like 100hours played - not much more than you.

The other friend of mine has Rhino (non-potatoed) and kills everything with his radial blast and charge.

My girlfriend plays trinity and, well, she does have some issues. With link she is pretty unkillable though.

As of me, i can solo Io 15 waves with any frame and any weapon loadout as long as i can keep my dethcube floating around. He kills lvl40 ancient infested in around 5 seconds or so. I can even go AFK up to wave 10.

Wont your enegry run out? They stop dropping as much orbs after wave 10 by wave 14 i only get like 4...

Sad part of free games u have to bend over for casuals and make games ridiculously dumbed down and boring with no challenge.  Kinda like it is now a repetivie farm session with no challenge. Only challenge being Defense missions at high waves which reward you poorly from XP and resources and mods...

Wont your enegry run out? They stop dropping as much orbs after wave 10 by wave 14 i only get like 4...

I think the energy orbs drop rate is random. Sometimes i got a ton of those even on higher waves, sometimes i got too few of them.

Either way, maxed flow and streamline really help conserving your energy for when it is really needed.

Today i found a shining example of warframe being too easy.

rank14 ember with unmodded weapons (leveling them up) solo at Io (infested defense).

Lights flicker. Im beginning to think im gonna get completely and utterly raped...

Turn on Overheat and World On Fire.

That weird black-red dude did 0 damage to me and died in 4 seconds. No shooting involved.

"Tenno abilities useless", riiiiiiight...

He dropped Hate blueprint btw.

It takes like 10 hours to get to wave 150. Its mostly a stamina race, not a skill test.

And... where is fun in that?

Frost uses Ice Globe, Vauban uses Bastilla, Nyx uses Chaos. Invincible party out of nowhere. The only probable issue is ammo. SO VERY CHALLENGING.

You can have scripts or bots instead of people - they will get to wave 1000 and beyond that way.

I can hardly understand how pressing a single button requires a lot of skill and is challenging.

I effortlessly got to wave 25 with Nyx solo and got bored of pressing 3. Pretty sure i can get to wave 50 if im careful enough.

My dethcube can defend the cryopod up to wave 10 with me being completely AFK.

The only challenge i managed to find was restricting myself to melee and having no offensive powers while going on a mission. But its like playing counter-strike with knives only.

Warframe really needs some hardcore gameplay things. Not just stunlocks or bullet-sponge enemies.

Id say half-invisible enemies, more slash-dashing ones.... generally more MOBILE enemies that keep the gameplay intense.

We can have a hardcore mode for those bored, can we not? That way you can play either easy mode or a hard one. And difference shouldnt be just hit points and damage of enemies.

Later i will create a detailed description of what a hardcore mode should be in my personal view.

It sounds like you want what a lot of other games do for "Hard Core" mode and that is to make it so if you die, you lose everything

pve games tend to get boring if you play with zero progression. Unless they have a really cool story/plot, which we dont have ATM.

You do know that'll drastically limit the game? Like, far less randomized levels and lock every system until you progressed far enough in the story for participation. That'll lead to what? The first story-play being fun but then every single other one being repetitive. I stand by my statement, people using the most overpowered weapons, pets and warframe against lower tiers of enemies kinda have themselves to blame.

Besides, there's void level three keys and defenses in unlimited waves. I'm sure with time even harder things will come, if you're really impatient you should try to challenge yourself by buying some of the completely new weapons while still bringing income to DE.

It sounds like you want what a lot of other games do for "Hard Core" mode and that is to make it so if you die, you lose everything

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/58014-suggestion-hardcore-mode-for-missions/

Thats my view of what the hardcore mode in warframe should be.

However, i like games with permadeath (die=lose everything), i played DayZ and had a lot of fun despite the bugs, zombies running through walls and having to reload your hatchet.

But, IMO, Warframe shouldnt have permadeath. There are various ways to make the game a lot more hardcore without it.

You do know that'll drastically limit the game? Like, far less randomized levels and lock every system until you progressed far enough in the story for participation. That'll lead to what? The first story-play being fun but then every single other one being repetitive. I stand by my statement, people using the most overpowered weapons, pets and warframe against lower tiers of enemies kinda have themselves to blame.

Besides, there's void level three keys and defenses in unlimited waves. I'm sure with time even harder things will come, if you're really impatient you should try to challenge yourself by buying some of the completely new weapons while still bringing income to DE.

My dethcube killed Ambulas (lvl55 Pluto boss) in 56 seconds. Without me helping.

I can easily solo void T3 if i dont limit my choice of frames or weapons - and there are a lot of people out there doing the same thing.

Now with unlimited defense - its kinda hard to solo, because your enemies kill cryopod real quick on higher waves.

Still, if you have a nice team setup, you can defend endlessly for real.

Nyx+Frost+Vauban+someone: enemies cant shoot you, cant get close to you. And keep shooting each other.

There are simply no higher-tier enemies out there as of now.

As for the story part - you make a little bit too many presumptions. There are various ways of creating story-based missions in a multiplayer game. And they all are for developers to decide.

My dethcube killed Ambulas (lvl55 Pluto boss) in 56 seconds. Without me helping.

I can easily solo void T3 if i dont limit my choice of frames or weapons - and there are a lot of people out there doing the same thing.

Now with unlimited defense - its kinda hard to solo, because your enemies kill cryopod real quick on higher waves.

Still, if you have a nice team setup, you can defend endlessly for real.

Nyx+Frost+Vauban+someone: enemies cant shoot you, cant get close to you. And keep shooting each other.

There are simply no higher-tier enemies out there as of now.

As for the story part - you make a little bit too many presumptions. There are various ways of creating story-based missions in a multiplayer game. And they all are for developers to decide.

Well, before update 8 I could face almost every single boss, just throw my vortex power as vauban and suck them in only to instantly kill them. True story. But, now that has been patched and fixed. I'm fairly certain that will be done with the dethcube as well.

You stated and solved your own problem, don't use the dethcube until its been fixed. Its not like you're forced to be using it and having it play the game for you.

Regardless of my presumptions, it'll end up being repetitive far too easily and if the devs were to for example spend loads of dosh on voice-actors and cinematic, everyone will skip them after one view more or less. If they had some solution for these problems I'm sure we'd have story by now.

However, I do understand your points and partially agree. I myself have experienced a similarity when trying out new gear and playing with friends just  see them instakilling everything and we end up rushing the entire level. When I try to do the same level on my own it takes me twice as much times due to not being as overpowered myself at the time.

But I see it as a process, you start off as the game being hard and then move yourself up towards the point of it being easy. Then you repeat the process with new gear when easy has gotten boring.

Well, before update 8 I could face almost every single boss, just throw my vortex power as vauban and suck them in only to instantly kill them. True story. But, now that has been patched and fixed. I'm fairly certain that will be done with the dethcube as well.

You stated and solved your own problem, don't use the dethcube until its been fixed. Its not like you're forced to be using it and having it play the game for you.

They said in livestream #6 that dethcube is just fine and will not be nerfed. Moreover, other sentinels are going to get buffed.

Anyway, dethcube has only 5*12=60dps, while boltor has 18*8=144 AND complete armor ignore.

Ambulas dies from 2 boltor clips at most.

I can only imagine what a potatoed Supra will do to him.

But I see it as a process, you start off as the game being hard and then move yourself up towards the point of it being easy. Then you repeat the process with new gear when easy has gotten boring.

Still, in a lot of other pve games (diablo?) when you get new gear and level yourself up, you have a ton of trouble. Enemies become stronger, tougher, become completely immune to some sorts of damage, gain some new abilities... etc, etc.

That way there is no limit to progression, you can gear up endlessly and will still be finding yourself in trouble.

Still, in a lot of other pve games (diablo?) when you get new gear and level yourself up, you have a ton of trouble. Enemies become stronger, tougher, become completely immune to some sorts of damage, gain some new abilities... etc, etc.

That way there is no limit to progression, you can gear up endlessly and will still be finding yourself in trouble.

You're technically meant to balance that out yourself. As in, start in Mercury and work your way towards other systems as you gear and level up. Then when you're done with Pluto you go to void 3. But, I do agree that stronger and tougher enemies with immunity towards specific damages and special abilities would be very interesting to explore and balance the game out further.