Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hi, I'm Speaking To You From A Black Hole, I'd Like To...

tommyrt

Seppuku. 

I'm writing this as I fell into a black hole with my other team-mate metres from the end point of a map, but he needs me to open up those two people doors.

Could we have a function to commit seppuku and respawn at the map? maybe have it set so you don't need to use a revive but can't take damage for 30 seconds in order to activate it?

Yea this would be very useful SINCE I KEEP FALLING THROUGH THE MAP. Every week I atleast fall 10+ times through the map...

Doors + lag = get launched into blackness or insta killed.

Void rotating doors = get dragged into the door with no way out except for a blackhole.

Void cover going down = pull you with them into a black hole.

Certain map locations = fall in complete blackness.

Elevator has no collision (random) = fall through elevator and then into a black hole.

Elevator + Loki's switch teleport. = Yea you get the point.

Edited by R3leaZ

Fine, I then suggest an appropriate animation of DERebecca flying into the black hole as an Angel Tenno avatar and pull us out of the depths.

This.

I'd rather not commit seppuku to get unstuck, that'd be horribly immersion breaking. :p

Fine, I then suggest an appropriate animation of DERebecca flying into the black hole as an Angel Tenno avatar and pull us out of the depths.

I approve of this.

(Really, though, I think they should tie the falling-into-a-pit code to a manual command; it's already in the game... Maybe a reset button for the whole mission as well, since enemies sometimes get stuck?)

Yes, I agree that an unstuck command would be very helpful in the mean time, but I would like to see the maps polished up to where this isn't an issue in the first place, at least not nearly as often as it is now. Many of the new maps, especially in the void, are terrible for causing drops into the black hole of doom and they need to be fixed.

especially when parts of the game dont load and your left with the doors opening into the black void of nothingness

50/50 chance of falling into oblivion

One partial solution to this issue would be to have doors activated from further away so that we aren't face-smashing into them constantly. One of the worst culprits for sending you through the map is to get stuck on the door (because of general movement issues), it opens and pushes the player outside the map and then refuses to close because it sees the player's presence nearby. A simple solution is to slow down your run and actually walk upright through the doors (at least in the void where it is the most buggy at the moment with the revolving doors) rather than slide/flip/spin-slash through them as many people do on a regular basis.

Why not, instead of an "Unstuck".... they just... fix the bugs?

/unstuck solves all potential problems with terrain, present and future. There are always going to be problems with the terrain, and there are going to be new problems every time they release a new tileset. They should still work on actually fixing the bugs, obviously, but /unstuck is a failsafe to help the players out while they fix those bugs. The game shouldn't punish players just for being one of the first to try out the map.