The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] What Does [Spoiler] Do?

ZephyrPhantom

Question

3 answers to this question

I've unlocked the ability guess it would be almost useless and sadly I was right.

Once the effect of Mending Tides ends, you gain a barrier (of your energy color) similar to those of an Arctic Eximus but smaller in radius (looks a bit smaller than 2m).

The barrier follows you and blocks damage from projectiles.

I don't know it also blocks fire (level hazard, napalm, etc) or other effects like poison gas or Mutalist Moa's corrosive goo.

Since the description of Guardian Presence mentions allies, I guess that Protection Ward on its own is only applied to yourself (I only tested P. W. in solo).

(Another interesting but useless fact: you can heal Syndicate Operatives with Mending Tides)

The problem is the duration:

I have unlocked the first dot of the skill and seems to last ~3-4 seconds. It's too short to be of any use, especially considering that every extra ability increase the cooldown.

I have no idea if the barrier has a health level of if it's completely invulnerable.

New Moon is overall more useful since instant reives translate directly in TONS of damage prevented while sprinkling space dust.

I'm using Vazarin with Oberon and between Renewal, New Moon and Reckoning the sustain is terrifying.

Another interaction that should be interesting is Hallowed Ground + Polluted Waters: the side effect could be completely prevented.

Edited by Darkwings83