The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

{Spoiler} Focus Question

Brandr_

Question

So I read on the wiki that putting a lens onto a warframe will allow a warframe to gain focus points !00% with their powers, and at 50% with weapons.

Does this mean that if I were to place it onto my Valkyr I'd gain say 100 points per kill using Hysertia, and 50 points from subsequent kills made with rifle pistol, and melee? (assuming each enemy dropped 100 points)

7 answers to this question

Theoretically yes, just like Excal Exalted Blade, but I hear Valkyr users are only getting 50% focus, possibly due to hysteria claws counts as a melee weapon.  But this isn't something I've tested so can't vouch for it.

Not sure if it was the Exalted Blade energy waves or hits with the blade itself that was actually tested when it came to focus generation and Excal.

But if I put it on a frame and use a non supported weapon to kill, I'll still receive points?

Ya kills with a weapon will split the affinity with the frame by 50%, which generates focus xp if a lens is on either.  I put a lens on my Loki and go gather stealth kill affinity with Orthos Prime, averaging 14k per ext run but that's with a booster.  Would be double if I put another lens on my Orthos Prime.

If you have a greater lens on both frame and weapon and you kill with weapon you get 1.5x.  If you have a lens on frame and kill using abilities you get 1x.  If you have a lens on a frame or weapon but not both and kill using that weapon you get 0.5x, with a lens on both its 1x.