Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki's Decoy Sugestion

yarash2110

How about...because placing more than one would be OP?

If Loki could spam decoys (and given the energy cost and energy pool available, you *could* spam it) it would represent a major dumbing down of the Loki class.

Instead of having to keep an eye on your decoy, position it carefully, and be ready to pop another when needed...you could just faceplant the keyboard for ultra-mega distraction efficacy.

The decoy is already pretty badass, considering you can use it as a sort of teleport marker.

Edited by MXXVI

As someone who started with the Loki, and adores his kit (aside from the ultimate), I wouldn't agree with this idea unless it was implemented into a rework of the ultimate, and even then, it seems unnecessary. If you play him in his current state, you already are very adept at not taking damage/getting hit by anything. And you're one of the most mobile frames in the game, and you have a little bit of ability to troll people when you get bored, since they all have kill buttons, and you don't. It's great. 

This wouldn't add anything to his kit, that isn't already there. It wouldn't add any cooler plays to be made. It wouldn't bring anything that he doesn't already have, and isn't already good at. The decoy is one of the best tank options in the game, and it's great for grouping up enemies for those warframes that do have a kill button, or for guarding a choke point on a defense map. Adding another isn't necessary, and would just lose the feel of "there are two of me, always, and i'm controlling the map that way." Adding a third loses the 'fun' dynamic, and just makes him feel like he's throwing up 21 second tanks for his team.

The only way I could see adding more being in good taste would be if they added it to a rework of the ultimate. Maybe something like, he creates a clone near each enemy, and teleports to each clone to 1-shot the enemy, and then goes back, but that's too much like the Ash ultimate anyway. I see no logical reason for this to be a good implementation. And besides that, there are normally two Lokis in each game, anyway.

Oh god... You all say that loki is super overpowered but he is not! I got a 60 level loki with armor and health mods and i still cant survive more then level40 without using a revive or two, the thing is, what is loki without energy? He's ultimate dosen't offense infested and if a disrupter takes my energy thats it, im already dead. So why is it so serious if i could put more then one decoy? It will help in deffense and solo, it will be usefull, then WHY NOT?

Oh god... You all say that loki is super overpowered but he is not! I got a 60 level loki with armor and health mods and i still cant survive more then level40 without using a revive or two, the thing is, what is loki without energy? He's ultimate dosen't offense infested and if a disrupter takes my energy thats it, im already dead. So why is it so serious if i could put more then one decoy? It will help in deffense and solo, it will be usefull, then WHY NOT?

Just because something is "better" doesn't mean it should be implemented. If every time you pulled the trigger something died, I could argue with you all day that it is "better", but it is not more engaging, in fact, it's dramatically less engaging. Using decoys allows you an absolute guarantee that anything near it, will not hurt you or your objective, being able to place multiple would be incredibly overpowered.

The question you should be asking yourself is not "what's wrong with loki that's causing me to die so much?" it's "what's wrong with me that's causing me to die as loki so much?" You just had a Loki tell you that as a Loki you should never be taking damage as is, and yet you're trying to respond that as fully decked out, potatoed and all....you're still dying left and right. I would look at yourself before the frame there, bud.

Oh now c'mon... Im not a noob im acctually good but have you ever been crowded with chargers? You cant move because of the stun and if you dont have energy, well your'e dead, loki is not overpowered, i am not asking for a one hit kill for everything... But it will help in deffense missions, its not that dramatic and it won't make him overpowered.

Just because something is "better" doesn't mean it should be implemented. If every time you pulled the trigger something died, I could argue with you all day that it is "better", but it is not more engaging, in fact, it's dramatically less engaging. Using decoys allows you an absolute guarantee that anything near it, will not hurt you or your objective, being able to place multiple would be incredibly overpowered.

The question you should be asking yourself is not "what's wrong with loki that's causing me to die so much?" it's "what's wrong with me that's causing me to die as loki so much?" You just had a Loki tell you that as a Loki you should never be taking damage as is, and yet you're trying to respond that as fully decked out, potatoed and all....you're still dying left and right. I would look at yourself before the frame there, bud.

Oh now c'mon... Im not a noob im acctually good but have you ever been crowded with chargers? You cant move because of the stun and if you dont have energy, well your'e dead, loki is not overpowered, i am not asking for a one hit kill for everything... But it will help in deffense missions, its not that dramatic and it won't make him overpowered.

Press 2, melee charge spam the chargers.

If you had set up a decoy beforehand, those chargers wouldn't even be on you.

Some people are so talentless that they would lose in a bowling as Hulk... Loki is so awesome that every time when I accidentaly get hit by something else than Scorpion or Runner, I feel like i made one of biggest fails ever. People laugh because I have lowest stats in game, I laugh because I never get hit.

Loki doesn't need anything except ult affecting Infested and if you really die at lvl 40s, I feel sorry for your stupidity.

Loki don't need more than one decoy. You got the fastest run/sprint warframe with stealth abilities and tons of possibilities to kill.

Decoy can stay for more than 20 secs with mods and distract everything to him. Also can be used as teleporter and somehow, a debug for defense missions, 'cause the enemies will charge him.

Invisibility boost by a huge amount your melee dmg and also keeps you out of sight for more than 20 secs too.

Teleport allows Loki to reach places that other warframest can't. Get an sniper rifle and climb the tallest rock or tower on defenses, kill everything.

Radial Disarm forces all grinieer and corpus to melee, prevent moas, drones, commanders to use their abilities, stun ancients and kill chargers.

Yes, you read it... Radial Disarm KILLS chargers instantly. Even lv40 ones.

The only "tweak" that I like to see on Loki, is the radial disarm preventing or delaying the runner explosions.