Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions For Your Suggestions.

NotaCobra

So lately I've been seeing the same 3-4 threads over and over and over again. To the point where almost half the threads on the front page are variations of the same whiney complaint.

Thus, I am creating this thread, hopefully for people to read before posting on the forum yet another complaint about the drop rate of the latron prime blueprint;

Step 1:

DO A SEARCH.

And not just a forum search, google is good too, as is the warframe wiki.

If you have a problem, or a request, chances are a hundred people beat you to it.

For things like "where's the best place to farm ___" go to the wiki

For "I hate farming" Type "Farm" into the search bar up the top right of the forums, close your eyes and click, you'll get something.

Step 2:

CONTENT.
Saying "I hate this" or "This needs changing" or "Why did you do this" is not enough to make a thread.

If you want to make a suggestion, then do so, if you want to say you dislike something, that's fine, but elaborate;

Why don't you like it? What would improve it? What would the greater reprocussions be for fixing it (Would it have an overall detrimental effect on the game)?

Step 3:

YOU'RE NOT FUNNY.

No seriously, you're not. I don't care what picture you post, what sarcasm you try to employ.

You're talking about whether or not something in a video game is good, there's no real room for comedy there.

It detracts from what you're trying to say and usually the only people who will laugh at it are 13-14 year old children, whose opinions you don't actually want.

Step 4:
KEEP THE GAME'S STYLE.

Warframe is a semi realistic sci-fi game with horror and mystery elements, almost all the game is very matter of fact and there are very few minced words.

So keep your suggestions in this tone, no stupid, "Funny" or nonsense suggestions, some of the worst I've seen:
Giving warframes names (The example given was 'Linda'), Allow custom sentinel models that act like animals (Apparently, they wanted the tenno to take furry pets on missions), an "Adult" toggle (Yeah... because everyone knows elite space ninjas take on their enemies lewd and nude), Idle chatter from enemy factions (Would be fine, but the examples given were talking about cheeseburgers and movies...We all know how much the grineer love recreation!).... and so on

Also, if it's anthropomorphised, get it the F*** away from warframe.

Step 5:

CONSIDER THE BIG PICTURE.

Always keep in mind the broader effects of a given suggestion, if before you contemplate buffing or nerfing something, keep in mind that means rebalancing other options too, adding an enemy might replace another, every change has consequences and if you don't think about them before making a suggestion, you may as well not say anything at all.

When you talk about "increasing control module drop rates" Thank about what you're actually changing, while the game isn't perfect yet, and a lot needs to be done (And yes, there are lots of issues I would like changed) simply maxing out all the drop rates so everybody gets everything straight away isn't actually a good option.

And finally;

Step 6:
YES, IT'S A BETA GAME.

I know this isn't a strong argument, these suggestion forums are here for a reason, but people are getting far too emotional over suggestions or issues that come up.

The game is still new, it's improving all the time. Make a suggestion by all means, but keep in mind that things will not be perfect straight away and as such getting angry and outright whining about the game is nothing but detrimental.

Consider each of these steps in turn before making your thread, hell, it may even be helpful before making a post in somebody else's thread.

Undoubtedly, this thread itself will fade into obscurity, it's message having fallen on deaf ears, but maybe one or two of you will read it, and with any luck, we may have one or 2 fewer "too many latron prime, not enough control module" threads.

Suggestion for your Suggestion for the Suggestions:

Pls, let it. DE manages it.

I don't even know what you're trying to say here.

"People make junk threads all the time, which gives the mods more work to do, But since they're there anyway, let them do it"?

or

"DE doesn't care how many posts are in a thread, nor how well written it is, only how many useless identical threads there are"

or something else entirely?

Or are you just disagreeing for the sake of it?

+1. All my of my threads for ideas have all been drowned out in less than half a day from people with pointless threads. Alot of them being about personal quirks. Its pretty unfair to post a legit idea and only have it go straight to the back of the forums that never get any views or reviews. I have to constantly bump them into for people to really have a chance. Thats not how it should be. Alot of threads arent even in the right category.

P.S. Most of the threads on here are already answered and covered by the developers themselves. If you're going to post. Atleast watch the god damn latest twitch videos.

Edited by Onite

+1. All my of my threads for ideas have all been drowned out in less than half a day from people with pointless threads. Alot of them being about personal quirks. Its pretty unfair to post a legit idea and only have it go straight to the back of the forums that never get any views or reviews. I have to constantly bump them into for people to really have a chance. Thats not how it should be. Alot of threads arent even in the right category.

P.S. Most of the threads on here are already answered and covered by the developers themselves. If you're going to post. Atleast watch the god damn latest twitch videos.

I actually liked your sentinel thread quite a lot, one of the few useful suggestions I've seen to date.

Well, when it comes to point one, be prepared for lots of forum necromancy.

Yes, people post new threads about the same issues over and over. But then, if DE are seeing lots of threads about the same thing pop up...they get a nice, swift headcount of the prevalence/perceived importance of the issue.

That being said, people could at least read the FIRST PAGE of forum threads to see if their issue is actively being discussed right now >.<

Thank you for this. I would hope that your first point would be common sense, but apparently most people aren't even smart enough for that...I've been monitoring the forum this entire weekend and have seen several repeats, as well as several down right idiotic threads. Sure, thread necromancy can be annoying, but it's a hell of a lot better than seeing a "new" topic come up every hour about the same thing.

Thank you for this. I would hope that your first point would be common sense, but apparently most people aren't even smart enough for that...I've been monitoring the forum this entire weekend and have seen several repeats, as well as several down right idiotic threads. Sure, thread necromancy can be annoying, but it's a hell of a lot better than seeing a "new" topic come up every hour about the same thing.

Thread necromancy is barely an issue in a game this new.

Furthermore, if a thread has a valid point and has simply been drowned in duplicates, it deserves to be revived.

Especially where the same issue is still present and significant.

The moderators seem to do a good job filtering out posts within threads, keeping arseholes and adult material to a minimum

But I'm surprised there's nobody on merge patrol to stick all like threads in the same super threads to avoid all the duplicates.

This really deserves to be a sticky, kudos to NotaCobra. But yeah common sense isn't all that common nowadays...more and more threads with excellent content/suggestions get drowned out in the ever-increasing flood of pointless ones. Once the game gets released on the PS4, I shudder to think of what the forums will look like...total anarchy?

I hope more people read this and take it to heart in a good way, be mature about it and not take it as a slight. :)

Nice post, +1. I posted https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/53072-a-civil-discourse-on-moderation-and-the-quality-of-this-community/'>something about the frequent reposts a while back. It's only a huge issue in General Discussion and Gameplay Feedback though. Also lots of people post Fan'Frames in the Warframe Feedback section instead of the appropriate fan work section.

Topics of the first 30 Threads:

The stealth Sticky.

Solo play is hard/impossible/not fun: 1 (This is unusually low, normally there are 2-3 at least)

Complaint about drop rate/RNG: 6 (-slow clap-)

Complaints about Endless Defence mod rewards: 3 (because 1 wasn't enough, we need to say the same thing everyone already knows THRICE!)

Trading: 2 (Some people listen to the live streams, some don't)

Customizing warframes: 3 (Valid point, but why does it need to be said three times?)

PvP: 3 (-sigh-)

Threads in the wrong forum: 2 (One is a bug, the other is a support request)

"Remove catalysts from weapons": 1 (There's a new one of these every day)

"Change the energy system": 2 (Not going to say it's perfect, but there have been far better and more interesting reads than either of these)

Miscellaneous Useful suggestions that have already been suggested: 6 (Come on guys, use the search function)

Actually useful/best example of their idea threads: 2

And one thread debating the semantics of a universal currency in warframe and whether or not it's justified when considering the Tenno and their place in the universe, apparently it doesn't. Go figure.

29 threads (30 showed in the first page, but one is of course the stealth suggestion sticky)

Only 2 of them were new, decent suggestions/feedback/ideas.

Come on guys, pick up your game.

Edited by NotaCobra

I just made one suggesting mod drops be the same for everyone.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/64245-would-be-nice-if-mods-you-picked-up-were-the-same-for-everyone/

Wonder where that falls in on your list >.> Hopefully its a useful one. :)

Useful, but has been suggested before, a couple of times if memory serves.

Still, substantially better than the drivel that makes up 90% of the front page.

Suggestion for NotaCobra

1. Stop bumping your threads, they aren't more important than everyone else's.

2. Stop necroing your own threads.

They don't have to be more important, but they still have what I (And in the case of my suggestion thread, at least 30 others) believe are important pieces of feedback or suggestions and they have just as much place on the front page as the four hundred and sixth *@##&#036; about drop rates.

Furthermore, when the last post in a thread was less than a day ago, it's not necroing the thread.

Just because the front page is full of spam doesn't mean useful threads should be ignored.

In fact, that's more reason to support this thread.