Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions For Your Suggestions.

NotaCobra

Came into this thread with high hopes and realized what the concept of it would be.

My reading was abruptly cut by:

"You're talking about whether or not something in a video game is good, there's no real room for comedy there."

and something along the lines of: "Don't make a suggestion if it doesn't fit MY standards."

A great topic to discuss and enlighten the community with, yet done in what I consider a very terrible fashion.

Extremely unobjective, one sided and downright mean in certain areas. Whather it is justified in very specific situations doesn't change the fact that you simply generalize a lot.

Came into this thread with high hopes and realized what the concept of it would be.

My reading was abruptly cut by:

"You're talking about whether or not something in a video game is good, there's no real room for comedy there."

and something along the lines of: "Don't make a suggestion if it doesn't fit MY standards."

A great topic to discuss and enlighten the community with, yet done in what I consider a very terrible fashion.

Extremely unobjective, one sided and downright mean in certain areas. Whather it is justified in very specific situations doesn't change the fact that you simply generalize a lot.

While I can understand where you're coming from, being quite curt and blunt is kind of the way I make my points.

Truth be told, this is the way I see things and how they should be dealt with.

A feedback forum is not a place for comedy, general discussions (Heck, even suggestion threads) have some space for a pun or two, but if you're saying "____ is poor because ____" or "I think you should change ____ because ____" where does the comedy go?

It does naught but detract from your point and encourages the sort of behaviour that leads to "LATRON PRIME BLUEPRINT DROPRATE IS TOO DAMN HIGH.JPG LOLOLOLOLOL h4h4h4h4h4 I funny upvote me" and THAT in turn ruins the forum.

While I can understand where you're coming from, being quite curt and blunt is kind of the way I make my points.

Truth be told, this is the way I see things and how they should be dealt with.

A feedback forum is not a place for comedy, general discussions (Heck, even suggestion threads) have some space for a pun or two, but if you're saying "____ is poor because ____" or "I think you should change ____ because ____" where does the comedy go?

It does naught but detract from your point and encourages the sort of behaviour that leads to "LATRON PRIME BLUEPRINT DROPRATE IS TOO DAMN HIGH.JPG LOLOLOLOLOL h4h4h4h4h4 I funny upvote me" and THAT in turn ruins the forum.

And that where my use of the word "generalize" comes from.

I don't want to see the sort of threads you use as examples, and while I try to be serious and professional when discussing mechanics and features (Because I know the people reading often make decisions that kill or build games based on such discussions), there is still a fine line between keeping things casual to reduce toxicity rather than being childish / immature / ignorant.

It is all about balance. If this place turned to a stone-cold opinionless fact-wiki where dreams go to die, the productivity and creativity that often come from such places would plummet.

While comedy may be inappropriate in certain threads like, how you mentioned, "____ is poor because ____",

Saying things like "You're talking about whether or not something in a video game is good, there's no real room for comedy there." is unacceptable in my opinion.

Games are entertainment (and even Art, in the eyes of certain people) - Not math classes or prisons.

I spent around 2 hours yesterday writing and editting a thread about the future of Mods just because I felt like it, and I ended up posting one link in there as a simple joke from a cartoon.

Did it destroy every single one of my opinions and thoughts? I'd like to think it didn't.