The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If I Buy A Lens For Another School That I Didn't Have Yet, Will I Be Able To Use It?

Gryphticon

Question

6 answers to this question

Yes you will.

The main difference is:

Focus: Your primary is unlocked after 2nd Dream, any other require 50k from that specific focus (specific lens) to unlock.

Weapon/frame: If you have an lens already installed, changing will BREAK the current one (you will lose it) and install the new one.

Note, in case you don't know, you get focus by killing with the item/frame that has the lens. So, having it on a primary weapon, and killing with the secondary will get you no focus.

You can use any lense.

So the lens unlocks the respective school? It won't lock me out even if I have the lens?

Yes you will.

The main difference is:

Focus: Your primary is unlocked after 2nd Dream, any other require 50k from that specific focus (specific lens) to unlock.

Weapon/frame: If you have an lens already installed, changing will BREAK the current one (you will lose it) and install the new one.

Note, in case you don't know, you get focus by killing with the item/frame that has the lens. So, having it on a primary weapon, and killing with the secondary will get you no focus.

Okay thanks.

It's not like you're truly locked to one school; on the focus screen, you'll see your other schools locked with a 50000 point barrier. All you have to do is equip a lens from that different school, earn 50000 focus in that school, and then pay to unlock the school for use whenever you want. Just remember that you can only actually equip one school at a time, and the 75000 focus daily cap is TOTAL and not for each school.

Does that mean if I had 5 different lenses installed on 5 different weapons, I could grind XP for all focus groups by switching out weapons? Would the daily XP limit still come into play, or would I be allowed that much for each focus?

Does that mean if I had 5 different lenses installed on 5 different weapons, I could grind XP for all focus groups by switching out weapons? Would the daily XP limit still come into play, or would I be allowed that much for each focus?

the 75k is the total you can earn (Think of it like the syndicate standing cap). 

Alsoe, keep imn mind you will only get focus for kills made with that weapon if you have it on a weapon. to start out with you may want to put it on a warframe first, since you will get focus for any kill you make.