The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Torid - Totally Broken

AudioRejectz

Not sure if any of you have tried it, but its totally broken.

It will not reload whilst your running, i haven't tried all the bosses yet, but all the bosses i have tried it does 0 damage.

Thats direct impact and the tick. Talking about the tick, at present it's useless because no mods effect it.

All mods equipped only effect direct hit damage, the tick damage never goes higher than 20 damage, plus the tick rate is slow.

The problem is here, is that because of the slow trajectory and small clip. A lot of the time you will miss at distance, so obviously having an AOE factor would be a major thing here. But as it does not go over 20 damage per tick its totally useless against any medium to high level enemy. Add that to 0 damage to most/all the bosses ( need more testing )

Plus because it does crit, and the poor tick you expect direct damage to be decent. But its not..

My current mods are:

Split chamber - 15

Serration 13

HellFire - 10

Cryo - 9

Stormbringer - 10

Direct damage with all that never really gets any higher than 200, add that to the small clip, no crits, seriously low tick damage, useless against tested bosses and broken reload. Meaning at the moment, its pretty useless.

On another note, if fixed i can imagine it being very fun to use. you can stick it to players like vaubans grenades and they turn into running poison killing clouds

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this weapon, was not sure if I should build one yet.

No prob.

The concept behind it makes it a very fun weapon to use, but due to all the issues at the moment its pretty bad against anything above level 20.

Obviously in time it well get fixed, but it hasn't left me optimistic about the other weapons to.

Toris is garbage, Ignis is not really better, prova too.

Also it's the wrong section, you'll see a lot of feedback in the "weapons feedback" section.

Actually, those weapons are not worth the price/farming time.

Still an helpfull post for people who wonder is they should make it or not.

Also it's the wrong section, you'll see a lot of feedback in the "weapons feedback" section.

Yeah, tbh i dont think ive ever looked that far down the forums. If a mod wants to move it, that would be great

Edited by AudioRejectz

Im presuming as the dev's didn't expect people to get these this fast, that there not totally tested/finished. Or at least i hope so as the damage output on some of them is totally shocking.

For instance in this weapon, i wouldn't expect it to have high direct damage due to its AOE effect. But with the AOE damage been so low, enemies over level 30-40 take forever to kill

100 damage per shot 540 ammo. If anything's broken its that ammo efficiency. 

You're indirectly saying that any weapon is broken depending on the ownership of ammo boxes. OP comes up with valid concerns and you go and say some pseudo witty comment.

The poison cloud is pretty sketchy as well. It does shield-ignoring damage to the user, which means that when you poison infested they all turn into little toxic ancients. The cloud also seems to dissipate before the damaging aura does, and I think if you get a killing blow on someone with the shot itself it leaves an invisible poison cloud. The projectile is also stopped by other players, so if they body block your shot running past you you can end up hurting yourself. All of those things combined make it easy to take a ton of incidental damage using the Torid.

Edited by Hassohappa

The weapons from the clan facilities are in early alpha. They will be patched in the future. Im sorry i cant link the source but i read it somewhere here in the forum.

The game is in "beta" and the clans are in "alpha"

Yet the whole game is playable, on steam, will never wipe accounts and has a running cash shop.

Now ask yourself, what does attaching "alpha" or "beta" REALLY mean?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this weapon, was not sure if I should build one yet.

EDIT: I found a gameplay footage of the torid, if anyone cares.

hmmm this video says pretty much everything

well, but i think DE will adjust it upon the feedback... no worry tennos

give people poison cloud and tesla capes. run through mobs. let the bodies hit the floor

Me and my friends did this

4 vaubans

24 Teslas each (you can self cast them on you with some skills, so 96 Teslas )

Run around in defense wave 45

??????

Laugh to deth ( see what i did there?)

Did you miss this?

R&D WEAPONS: A few desperately need a buff. We've got custom animations and balance changes to a few of these coming. These did come in hot and we didn't get enough animation support (animation team was slammed with our big top-secret E3 thing). Will magically get better soon.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/55421-update-8-related-work/