Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Laser doors are completely stupid.

CakeBandit

I think they need a nerf in damage but saying the game doesn't teach you about them errrr, If you are at this point in gaming and you can't figure it out them meh. As far as running into them after other players don't I think if you are learning from repetition in the game than you should know after the first time that happens not to run through doors, just let them open and check instead of full force sprint through every door. I do agree they should be red.

Laser doors need some tweaking. It is especially frustrating when there is a camera on the other side of the door which trips the darn things. Which of course leads to half the squad walking through, the other half not. Then you shoot out the camera on your side but the camera on the other side is still tripped by your squadmates who got through but those guys might not shoot out the camera for you. So yeah, if you followed all that, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

I don't mind the extra defenses, I think that as you move up then obviously things should get harder. Plus, it does offer some interesting tactical scenarios when enemies are on one side of the laser wall and can pass through but you can't. However, I would like some more warning when they're about to trip and some tweaks on the whole camera system so that it is just less irritating.

And yeah, some kind of tutorial would be nice the first time you run into them. Not everyone checks out the forums (which is where I learned how to deal with them).

Oh, and totally agree that I don't like the whole "turrets are invincible unless they're shooting at you" thing.

Edited by cypherhalo

Laser doors need some tweaking. It is especially frustrating when there is a camera on the other side of the door which trips the darn things. Which of course leads to half the squad walking through, the other half not. Then you shoot out the camera on your side but the camera on the other side is still tripped by your squadmates who got through but those guys might not shoot out the camera for you. So yeah, if you followed all that, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

I don't mind the extra defenses, I think that as you move up then obviously things should get harder. Plus, it does offer some interesting tactical scenarios when enemies are on one side of the laser wall and can pass through but you can't. However, I would like some more warning when they're about to trip and some tweaks on the whole camera system so that it is just less irritating.

And yeah, some kind of tutorial would be nice the first time you run into them. Not everyone checks out the forums (which is where I learned how to deal with them).

Oh, and totally agree that I don't like the whole "turrets are invincible unless they're shooting at you" thing.

some high pitched beeps from the cameras as they aquire you would be just about enough indication and warning. I'm playing more and more with them and they're getting no less obnoxious. Having a room be locked down because one guy went ahead and is getting himself slaughtered is even worse.

It's not too different from a lockdown scenario, except the lockdown scenarios give you an opportunity to prevent them by clearly showing an enemy running to a panel and y'know, locking it down. I'd really like to see this aspect of the game revisited. Right now these stupid lasers are just garbage.

Honestly, it totally destroys the pacing of the game, everyone is storming the halls guns blazing and then 1-4 of us will sprint into the wall of lasers. Then we stand idly by turning our cameras looking for the damn thing to shoot, and sometimes it even reactivates after you kill it. What is this...

learn to roll. you can roll through them. justl ike moa waves.

also guys, necroing ISNT cool.

NO NO NO you CAN'T roll through them, STOP SPREADING THIS LIE. You have gotten so many people killed. The ONLY reason why anyone has been able to roll through them is because of lag. Anyone with a lower amount of lag tries this and they DIE. You have to pay attention and shoot cameras. Do not try this anymore.

NO NO NO you CAN'T roll through them, STOP SPREADING THIS LIE. You have gotten so many people killed. The ONLY reason why anyone has been able to roll through them is because of lag. Anyone with a lower amount of lag tries this and they DIE. You have to pay attention and shoot cameras. Do not try this anymore.

You can slidemelee through them, and this is fact, only requires timing, because you can just as well slidemelee towards your death.

That is not rolling at all. I just want people to stop thinking rolling through them is possible. And slide melee-ing is still a bug for laser doors, and, again, a risk of death. It's not good to teach new players looking for answers on the forums that they need to slide/roll their way through lasers doors when they can benefit their entire team by shooting out cameras. It's an easy habit to get into.

That is not rolling at all. I just want people to stop thinking rolling through them is possible. And slide melee-ing is still a bug for laser doors, and, again, a risk of death. It's not good to teach new players looking for answers on the forums that they need to slide/roll their way through lasers doors when they can benefit their entire team by shooting out cameras. It's an easy habit to get into.

you want me to take a video? ill a take video for you, broseph.

I was annoyed a little by lazer doors but now after using enemy radar mod in my warframe i realize they are completely fine. Enemy radar shows their location so you dont have to search for them and can shoot them out very quickly without killing the fast paced game play. All of you complaining about them need to try using an enemy radar mod first before saying they need a nerf.

Honestly, it totally destroys the pacing of the game, everyone is storming the halls guns blazing and then 1-4 of us will sprint into the wall of lasers. Then we stand idly by turning our cameras looking for the damn thing to shoot, and sometimes it even reactivates after you kill it. What is this...

No it doesn't what are you talking about? I hope your're trolling.

... if its intended that you have invis when you roll or slide, then its not a glitch and its an intended feature.

Or it means it's an overlap and and oversight.

I very much doubt the devs intended for you to be able to bypass the lasers so easily, kind of defeats the entire point of them.

After reading through this entire thread it struck me as odd that people aren't complaining about the laser doors not being in the early stages of the game. When I say early I mean right in the beginning. Going through the first few missions and the only thing you have to do is kill, kill, then kill some more against enemies that can indeed communicate with each other no problem. You would think they'd know how to use some form of security on the ship. It doesn't help when every mission has the same level design as the others.

I like the idea of the laser doors. They're just not well taught, and I only learned by seeing others shoot the cameras. I like that they break up gameplay, but I also feel that their suddenness can be a bit too strong and could use a one second warm up on the laser where you don't take damage.

I ran into some high level Excaliburs and Lokis who didn't know about the cameras. They thought the only way through was to dash or cloak.

OP was being a bit melodramatic and disrespectful to others, but he made a valid point about them needing to change at least.

After reading through this entire thread it struck me as odd that people aren't complaining about the laser doors not being in the early stages of the game. When I say early I mean right in the beginning. Going through the first few missions and the only thing you have to do is kill, kill, then kill some more against enemies that can indeed communicate with each other no problem. You would think they'd know how to use some form of security on the ship. It doesn't help when every mission has the same level design as the others.

Those empty rooms littered with catwalks is totally functional on this... transport ship? The ship design is really lackluster, as most rooms don't appear to be made for anything. I'm sure internally they have names and purposes, but it doesn't come off for most of the design. And yeah people did suggest they be added to the first levels so players can learn them better.

• 1 month later...

No it doesn't what are you talking about? I hope your're trolling.

He's not trolling. I spent 5 maps stuck behind an early laser door because my warframe doesn't come with an exploitable melee action that can gltich through the laser bars... Then I quit playing.

If there are any mods sitting around lulling at this thread, do take a second to consider. You sat on this issue so long almost the entire beta player base thinks an exploit is how the game is supposed to work... GREAT WORK!!!

If nothing else, the laser bars should not come back on after the camera is destroyed or EVERY of the doors with laser bars should be hackable to permanently disable them.

Edited by Emtro

There should totally be a Security Control Room that has hackable consoles that either Disable Laser Doors (Cameras still trigger Alarm), Disables Cameras (No more Alarm), or causes enemies to Trigger Alarms and take damage at Laser Doors (Different coloured light?)

Edited by Azure_Kyte