The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

I Downloaded This Overnight, To Find...

woulphx

... I start up the game, and I get a "Evolution Engine" crashing. I don't even get passed the first splash screen. Never a chance to log in. I am running DirectX 11 on Vista.  4GB Ram. Intel® Core Duo CPU @ 2.26GHz 2.27GHz. It is running 64Bit, if that matter. As per my graphics card. I have, if you would follow the link to the screenshot. http://imgur.com/4xt6u4O If this could be resolved. I would love to play the game.

Try going here and checking :_

www.systemrequirementslab.com (not like 100% accurate)

+

You have OnBoard graphics,might be the problem !

Is there anyway to upgrade my graphics card on a laptop?

Is there anyway to upgrade my graphics card on a laptop?

Check if you have ULTRA BAY option, then it would be possible !

The other way is expensive without scrapping your laptop.

Ask your laptop Vendor for a mother board replacement, you will have to pay for the new motherboard which has new integrated graphic card.

If you are too much into tech and stuff, try this :- http://www.pcworld.com/article/148909/maxlap.html <---- Your laptop, your call.

Edited by Zyfe3rX

Check if you have ULTRA BAY option, then it would be possible !

The other way is expensive without scrapping your laptop.

Ask your laptop Vendor for a mother board replacement, you will have to pay for the new motherboard which has new integrated graphic card.

If you are too much into tech and stuff, try this :- http://www.pcworld.com/article/148909/maxlap.html <---- Your laptop, your call.

It is better to just buy a better laptop. Laptop's are most of the time build specifically for the hardware that is used. A whole new motherboard could be highly inefficient since the heat management and all isnt build for a different motherboard.

Edited by R3leaZ

There's ways to get "external video cards" for laptops, however I should warn you before you dive into it.

1. It requires an extreme ammount of DIY; you can't buy the thing already done (unless they have come to out to the market recently, if so I apologize I'm not much of a laptop person), or even something that you need to plug 3 cables and it's already done.

2. It may have performance issues, or just not work at all.

3. It's not portable, since the end result is a video card and a bunch of cables going from it to your laptop.

I think it's better for you to get a new laptop, or even build a desktop. But if you still insist playing on your laptop...

Try turning off the DirectX 11. With your graphic, it'll be better if you just use DirectX 9.

Turn off all your graphic options, and lowered your resolution to the lowest.

FYI, on Intel HD 3000 (integrated GPU on i3/i5/i7 series proc) still couldn't handle DX11 with stable playable FPS (min. 30) with that settings, moreover on yours. Sorry mate : (

Edited by Athros

Just a couple notes.

DirectX11 came out with WIndows 7. Vista uses DirectX10 or less which is why it crashes.

The Mobile Intel 4 Chipset is crap but it does work. I have it and the game works in both fullscreen and windowed. Check if your drivers are up to date though.

Just a couple notes.

DirectX11 came out with WIndows 7. Vista uses DirectX10 or less which is why it crashes.

The Mobile Intel 4 Chipset is crap but it does work. I have it and the game works in both fullscreen and windowed. Check if your drivers are up to date though.

While 7 supports DX11 it doesnt mean the GPU does. Only the higher end GPUs support native DX11. Since his one is a low-end built-in non-dedicated GPU.... well... you get what I'm trying to say.

Edited by R3leaZ

• 2 weeks later...

what are your PC specs (desktop or laptop)?

CPU, MBO, GPU, RAM, windows ?

DxDiag is up top.

Also, I have never tried gaming on integrated graphics. Although it's usually enough to watch a 1080p Youtube video, I highly recommend not using it for gaming. If you will bear with me while I rudely shove you into the more complicated end of computers, the reason GPUs are on their own separate card is because of its RAM. It's simply too slow between the CPU's GPU and it's RAM.

Layman's analogy:

GPU is the artist. The CPU tells the GPU (artist) what to draw. The GPU draws to the RAM (the canvas), which is often called the buffer. Now the RAM (which has magically turned into a person) has to quickly grab that picture once it's finished and throw it onto your screen. Mind you, it's trying to do this 60-144 times a second. RAM often advertises itself as  x GB of DDR3 (the type of connection to the motherboard/ data compression magic) 1600. The 1600 is 1600Mhz. That may sound like a lot, but compare that to GDDR5 6000. Yeah. You get the point.

So, in summary, if you must play on integrated, go ahead. But do yourself a favor and get a good gaming rig. You'll appreciate it.

Disclaimer: Layman's analogy is only 87.315% accurate. Don't quote me.

Edited by RollyPolly

You will need a graphic cards for any online games from 2013 and on. Trust me, buying a graphics card will save you from a lot of trouble. Doesn't have to be an expensive card, there are cards that are about $20 but they are crappy and doesn't most of the time. A card with 512 MB memory will let you play a lot of new games this year but you'll have to buy a better one in the future. I had the same problem as you, I worked my &amp;#&#33; off to get $30 to buy a GT 610, used it for 3 years and now i bought a better; I loved that card. It gave me a lot of chances to play new games that I possibly couldn't have played.