The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bladestorm Animation Redesign

DeadlyNerd

Just remembered how Killing Floor had the bullet time, so called "zed time", which simulated fast character actions by slowing down the environment and player movement(dnno exactly anymore, long time), while leaving the aiming untouched.

Seeing how making bladestorm any faster would induce epilepsy attacks in players, why not use the same scheme.

The player who uses ash remains untouched and bladestorm attacks happen in real time speed, while everything else gets its movement slowed down during the ulti. Environment, as in mods and resources, and enemies are slowed down completely.

Player aim is not slowed down so the ulti doesn't act as a annoyance every time someone uses it.

This would also allow for tactical use of bladestorm to "swiftly" clear out large groups of enemies surrounding the group of players.

Are u trying to make bladestorm into like Volt - Speed? When i use Volt, Speed, my movement become fast but leaving the environment untouch.

But I still prefer bladestorm random teleport and kill enemy.

Edited by StarKnight

Bladestorm could definitely use more effects but I'm talking about the speed issue with the ability.

Too fast and it'd be a pain to watch, too slow and it's inefficient.

As for Volt reference, no I'm suggesting exactly the opposite. The Ash user is untouched while pretty much everything else is slowed down.

It gives the illusion of being faster without speeding up anything.

Bladestorm could definitely use more effects but I'm talking about the speed issue with the ability.

Too fast and it'd be a pain to watch, too slow and it's inefficient.

As for Volt reference, no I'm suggesting exactly the opposite. The Ash user is untouched while pretty much everything else is slowed down.

It gives the illusion of being faster without speeding up anything.

So you suggest slowing everything down.... what about other players? I'm sure you agree that would be highly annoying.

Why would enemies be slowed down? That gives Bladestorm a pretty heavy CC effect to an otherwise pretty strong ultimate.

I'd just like to see slightly different types of slashes after each teleport.

It would make the overall attack feel more natural; I wouldn't even mind if it re-used some of the regular attacking animations.

Edited by A5PECT

My idea for Bladestorm that I've talked with people about was that Ash should just blink invisible, and after a second passes every enemy that would have been hit falls in half as the would from a blade slice, ending with Ash doing his teleportaion front flip back into his original position.

This may seem like spamming, but bear with me, it's not.

Check this thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/47914-making-bladestorm-bad-&#!/?hl=%2Bbladestorm+%2Bbad-&#!

It has everything I believe should be appropriate for Bladestorm. More upvotes there could get it visibility, do help it if you like it.

And btw, no, that thread is not mine, I'm just advertising it cause I really liked it.

Also, +1, the bullet time effect on the animation (so unexploitable, and unable to be used liek Volt's speed) seems like a good idea to me. +1.