Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dancing Ingame

belthagor

Oh look he found out how to use textsize BBcode.. :D

y̶a̶y̶!̶ ̶I̶m̶ ̶s̶o̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶o̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶  k guys back on topic please, I cannot stress the importance of dancing in a game.

y̶a̶y̶!̶ ̶I̶m̶ ̶s̶o̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶o̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶  k guys back on topic please, I cannot stress the importance of dancing in a game.

You cannot stress it because it's not at all important.

It's not so much that I am staunchly opposed to fluff / dancing / emotes exactly as I am opposed to adding fluff to a game that desperately needs more fleshed out content before going through final polish gimmicks.

PvP should be implemented to a larger degree, even if fully clan-centric, before adding dancing and emotes and such.

*inb4pvprage edit*

To be clear, even that is WAY down on the totem pole as far as what needs to be implemented, which is why I used that example.

Edited by Bakim0n0

Here are my thoughts on the subject.  Immersion is an important part of games.  Immersion is the feeling that you are actually inside the game universe.  A great deal of effort was put into the world and art direction of this game to make it immersive, from the design of our warframes to the bulkyness of the grineer and their equipment, to the different text styles of the different races.  Part of adding immersion is adding control over ones character.  Our charcaters are all "serious space ninjas".  Emotes are a way of adding control over our characters in additional ways to game mechanics and are beneficial to the game overall IF AND ONLY IF they add immersion.  Dancing as it is conceived of here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=066_q4DIeqk  does not add immersion, it breaks it because our conception of "serious space ninjas" is that they do not dance.  Now it's true that some players behind these ninjas may want to dance, but this breaks the overall immersion for all other people involved, detracting from their experience.

I personally would like to see some emotes added to the game, but I would hope that they were all things I would be willing to accept that a space ninja would do.  Things like kneeling to meditate, bowing respectfully, and using hand signs to communicate battle situations would be on that list.  If there were anything even remotely cose to dancing that would be acceptable, it would have to be something that resembles a martial arts kata.  Even so, it would have to be short, simple, and not too flashy.

Edited by FirstZen

Here are my thoughts on the subject.  Immersion is an important part of games.  Immersion is the feeling that you are actually inside the game universe.  A great deal of effort was put into the world and art direction of this game to make it immersive, from the design of our warframes to the bulkyness of the grineer and their equipment, to the different text styles of the different races.  Part of adding immersion is adding control over ones character.  Our charcaters are all "serious space ninjas".  Emotes are a way of adding control over our characters in additional ways to game mechanics and are beneficial to the game overall IF AND ONLY IF they add immersion.  Dancing as it is conceived of here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=066_q4DIeqk  does not add immersion, it breaks it because our conception of "serious space ninjas" is that they do not dance.  Now it's true that some players behind these ninjas may want to dance, but this breaks the overall immersion for all other people involved, detracting from their experience.

I personally would like to see some emotes added to the game, but I would hope that they were all things I would be willing to accept that a space ninja would do.  Things like kneeling to meditate, bowing respectfully, and using hand signs to communicate battle situations would be on that list.  If there were anything even remotely cose to dancing that would be acceptable, it would have to be something that resembles a martial arts kata.  Even so, it would have to be short, simple, and not too flashy.

I'm not exactly that guy who takes games seriously but this is a valid enough reason not to have stupid dancing

As stated before, we are space ninjas with suits that can break the laws of physics and also we carry swords and guns, fighting insane amounts of enemies on spaceships and in snow.

And you want dancing?

wat

Oh, I didn't know there were already over a million accounts during Closed Beta and all these new people with no posts must have been here for forever.

Oh im sorry if you mean total accounts created then yes of course you are correct. I don't think you can delete accounts so that will always go up :P

I was talking about people playing the game rather than total # of accounts.

And I'm pretty sure we didn't have over 30,000 people concurrent players in Closed Beta.

If you honestly, truly think that this community isn't getting bigger, or hasn't gotten bigger, then I feel very sorry for you and I will slap you in the face to make you better.

Edited by FatalX7