The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Having Micro Stutters At 60 Fps?

BleuNoir

Question

I have a 2560 x 1440p monitor that's 144 hertz, whenever it dips to around the sixty range it starts having microstutters. I have two GTX 970's, a i7, 16 gigs of ram, for example and I don't think I should have that. I tried turning all my graphic settings to basically off as well.

Edited by BleuNoir

3 answers to this question

well the refresh rate of your monitor is pretty high lol. You need need to hit 100+ fps. 

since you have nvidia cards you need to find a monitor with gsync. so then you can have a variable refreshrate of like 120~144.

try turning off vsync in game. I'm not to tech savy so its hard for me to explain to me what it does. just try it. Make sure you have vsync off in your nvidia settings as well

i don't think op's problem is losing frames. its that ,from what i see, is being capped at 60 fps?

well the refresh rate of your monitor is pretty high lol. You need need to hit 100+ fps. 

since you have nvidia cards you need to find a monitor with gsync. so then you can have a variable refreshrate of like 120~144.

try turning off vsync in game. I'm not to tech savy so its hard for me to explain to me what it does. just try it. Make sure you have vsync off in your nvidia settings as well

i don't think op's problem is losing frames. its that ,from what i see, is being capped at 60 fps?

if he's lucky then doing that should sure solve the problem, but if not it's the same thing that has been happening around since U18 for a lot of us, it's a KNOW bug with still no solution as that thread which i posted there shows, but they are trying to fix it.

Edited by g43riel